Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

Yoochun had been wandering around for days, feeling like he was in another world since he kissed Marissa. He didn't know if it was because he tasted her blood, that powerful S-Class blood that flowed through her veins; or if it was just from the plain fact that he kissed her the way he did. He eventually thought to himself that it was a mixture of both. He'd never acted that way before towards a woman nor had he tasted the blood of an upper class mage.

Blood is a very important thing to mages. It's normally used by a mage casting a spell to increase it's effectiveness and power. A lot of powerful, higher energy spells require some kind of animal sacrifice or even a certain amount of blood from the mage themselves. Many mages have passed out from severe bloodloss during casting, but because mages are immortal they can never die from this. Their bodies heal incredibly quickly, so lost blood is replenished within no time at all. Blood is also part of bonding rituals, bonding individuals in marriage as well as a group into covens.

Yoochun still couldn't get over the taste and feeling though. Marissa's blood was also possibly infused with the power of the council, who would be her coven. The process involved drinking a mixture of the blood of those involved along with water from a naturally occuring source such as a spring or river. It was something Yoochun had to do many, many years ago when him and the others formed their coven. It is known for covens to be conncted through their ingested blood if anybody were to be married. The individual mage's power increasing through this blood bond.

So what Yoochun thought he was feeling, was the power collected from thousands and thousand of years worth of blood bondings from various classes of mages. And the most prominet power emitting from the blood he had tasted; was that of the S-Classes. Marissa's in particular, hers was incredibly strong.

Yoochun had actually been avoiding Marissa since then, he was onto the thrid day now. Everytime Marissa tried talking to him; he'd walk in the opposite direction and leave. He had even stopped going into Marissa's room in the evening for their nightly chats and endless cups of tea. Jejoong had noticed this though, he brought Yoochun up about it.

"You did something with her, didn't you?" Jaejoong asked.

Yoochun just shook his head as if he was trying to shake the question off.

"No, you have. I know when you're lying, I can see it in your face you're not telling the truth."

Yoochun sighed. Jaejoong had him right there, it was true. Yoochun was a terrible liar.

"I kissed her." Yoochun fessed up. Jaejoong barely reacted.

"So you kissed her and now you've been avoiding her for days? That's not very gentlemanly 'Chun, she thinks she's done something horribly wrong."

Yoochun looked at his friend. "Really?" He sounded worried.

"Yeah she's been telling me. She even told me she misses your evening chats and that she's not been sleeping right without you there." Jaejoong stated.

"Ugh. What have I done Jae?" Yoochun asked.

"Made a right big mess of things." Jaejoong replied. "And it's you that has to fix this situation."

Yoochun looked confused. "How... how do I do that exactly?"

"Well start talking to her again for a start you big goof. I dunno, taker her out."

"Take... her out?"

"Oh Yoochun you can be so clueless sometimes." Jaejoong shook his head in frustration. "Take her out on a date or something!"

"Date?"

"YES YOOCHUN! A DATE!"

"Oh, that sounds like a good idea."

"Finally." Jaejoong heaved a sigh of relief. Sure Yoochun was his friend an all but he coundn't half be hard work sometimes. "Right loverboy, Marissa has gone out shopping and she'll be back later this afternoon. I expect her to be asked and ready to go by at least half 7. Okay?"

"Okay." Yoochun said as he turned to leave. "Thanks man, I owe you one."

Jaejoong just grinned. "Yeah yeah."