Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Ugh... wha?

Marissa had now awoken from her slumber. She gazed around the strange room and down to her clothing. An oversized check shirt and black pyjama pants. She winced in pain as she squirmed about in the double bed she was laying in and drew the covers back. The pyjama pants had rode up her legs as she was sleeping, revealing a mass of sore, red cuts and large black bruises.

She didn't want to be in this bed anymore and curious of her surroundings; she got out to explore. She noticed some things on the table at the side of the bed. A small purse and a few cards were on the table, she picked one of the cards up and read it. "Marissa Blackstock."

"Is this mine?" She thought to herself. She put the card back down on the table and walked over to the door.

As she opened the door of the room she was sleeping in, the smell of home baking filled her nostrils. The aroma of ginger and cinnamon became stronger as Marissa sneaked down the narrow hallway trying to be as quiet as possible. She couldn't hear any people at all, so she carried on creeping in the direction the smell was coming from. It seemed like a good idea to her.

Marissa walked past a small door to another door set in an alcove near the end off the hallway, which lead down some small narrow stairs. Just as she reached the stair to go down, the door she had just passed swung open and a young man stepped out. He was quite tall by Marissa's standards, roughly 5'10", toned and slender and he had shoulder length black hair and was wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts.

The man looked round when he heard a small yelp followed by an "ow". Marissa had dived into the alcove to hide when she heard the door open. The man stared at the alcove where the thin fingers of a girls hand were curled around the door jamb. The girls right eye and a length of dark brown hair peeped round.

"Hey don't be frightened. I won't hurt you." The man said sounding sincere.

The girl slowly crept out of hiding and held her hands together with her head slightly dipped. She looked like a little girl who had just been scolded.

The man heldhis left hand out toward Marissa. "Hi, my name's Yoochun." He said smiling.

Marissa eventually looked up at him Yoochun nearly took a step backwards from her in shock as she looked at him with her big doll like eyes. They were a striking colour of green, similar to the colour of Absinthe.

She shuffled over to Yoochun with a slight look of confusion on her face. She reached out her small hand hesitantly and gently shook Yoochun's. A small smile crept onto her face.

"I... I'm. I think my name is Marissa." The girl stuttered as she furrowed her eyebrows, obviously not sure if what she said was correct.

"Well it's nice to meet you Marissa." Yoochun replied with a warm smile. "Why don't I take you downstairs to meet the others?"

Marissa just smiled and nodded as Yoochun led her to the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jae! Yunho! Changmin! Junsu! ANYBODY?" Yoochun shreiked as he led Marissa around the ground floor of the house. "They're probably in the shops kitchen." He continued as he looked back at Marissa. She was busy looking at everything with wonder. Yoochun just smiled.

"Jae, Jae you in there?"

"Yeah Yoochun. What's all the shouting abou... oh. Hello." Jaejoong said as he turned around from the kitchen counter. He wiped his floury hands down on the front of his black apron, leaving large handprints. He quickly grabbed a damp cloth off the counter and wiped his hands again before reaching one out to the girl.

"Hi I'm Jaejoong. Nice to meet you." He said as the girl shook his hand.

"Hi erm, I'm... Marisaa?" The girl said, still uncertain of her own name.

"Please sit down." Jaejoong said to Marissa. "Can I get you anything? Some breakfast, coffee?"

The girl just looked confused as she replied. "Um, please. Thank you."

Jaejoong ran through into another room which branched off from the large kitchen and hurried back through carrying a cup on a saucer and a small plate with a slice of cake on it. Yoochun gestured for Marissa to sit down at a small table in the corner of the kitchen, Yoochun took the seat opposite her.

"I hope you don't mind cake for breakfast. I make so many in the morning that we usually have it for brekfast. Besides Junsu has gone out for some supplies because we don't have any bread in or anything." Jaejoong said as he smiled at Marissa, placing the coffee and cake in front of Marissa.

"Hey where's my coffee and cake?" Yoochun whined.

"Please Yoochun, we have a guest." Jaejoong scowled at him.

"Ugh fine I'll go get my own cake." Yoochun huffed as he rose from the table and went through the same door Jaejoong had just come back from.

Jaejoong was now sat at the table next to Marissa and was looking at his watch. "He's bang on time again." He said with a raised eyebrow.

All of a sudden, a loud collection of frantic screams "Oh my god's" and "I want your babies!" come from the room Yoochun had just entered. He strolled back into the kitchen carrying a plate with a large slice of what looked like chocolate cake on it and a small cup of coffee. He put them down at his place at the table and sat down, taking a small desert fork and carving into the cake with it's edge.

"See Yoochun you really should put some clothes on before you go into the cafe. Somebody who doesn't know about you is gonna have a heart attack one of these days." Jaejoong sighed. Yoochun just chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong watched Marissa as she glared at the cake in front of her. Instead of reaching for the dessert fork on the side of the plate, she grabbed the wedge of cake in her right hand and took a massive bite out of it. Some of the frosting on the cake was now smeared up the side of her face. She chewed away a few times and looked directly at Jaejoong.

"Ish... derishous." She mumbled through a mouthful of cake slightly smiling at the same time before taking another big bite. "hid you 'ake thish youshelf?"

Jaejoong had to take another breath before he started talking. Marissa stared at him, then the cake then back to him again with those big pools of green that were her eyes. She carried on munching at the cake, stopping every so often to the frosting off her fingers.

Jaejoong eventually snapped out of his daze to answer.

"Yeah I made it. We actually own a confectioners. We sell sweetsin one part of the shop and we have a cafe in the other. I make all the cakes we sell every morning."

Marissa gulped down a mouthful of cake. "That's amazing!" She exclaimed as she her lips and smiled.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed the cake. Oh I nearly forgot. Maggie dropped by earlier wth this." Jaejoong said as he stood from his chair and went over to the back door of the kitchen. He picked up a large brown paper bag by it's intricate rope handles, the bag had 'Magnolia" written on the side.

"Maggie washed the clothes you had on yesterday. She's even put some new clothes and shoes in there for you too, hopefully they're your size." Jaejoong said as he handed Marissa the bag. She grinned like a cheshire cat as she took the bag off him. She looked like all her Christmasses had come at once.

"Thank you very much." Marissa said as she clutched the bag. "Can I go visit her?" She asked.

"You don't need to ask us!" Yoochun said as he sipped his coffee. "You can do as you please here, you're our guest!"