Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Yoochun? Yoochun where are we going?" Marissa squealed. She was being dragged along the street by her arm.

"Out." Yoochun simply replied.

"Out where?"

"I dunno, out. We can go to the beach or something. I just needed to get out of the house." Said Yoochun as he let go of Marissa's hand and turned to face her. He looked slightly stern.

She looked at him with slight worry on her face as she nervously chewed one of her fingers. Yoochun softened up a bit when he gazed into those big green eyes.

Yoochun sighed. "I'm sorry. C'mon we'll go to the beach for a while and I'll buy you ice-cream. How does that sound?"

A small smile crept up onto Marissa's face, just hidden by her hand. She then nodded.

"Good. Shall we go?" Yoochun said as he held out his arm. Marissa nodded again as she grasped his arm and walked beside him.

Yoochun could tell he was getting used to Marissa's energy now. Before when he touched her skin or even went near her, the heat generated by Marissa's power would overwhelm him. Now, it felt relatively normal and was somewhat of a comfort to him. Although he still preferred it when he could snuggle up to her a night when she was near freezing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw this stuff is amazing." Marissa said as she away at an ice-cream cone. "Junsu really should try making this."

"What is it?" Yoochun asked, looking at the strange bluey substance on Marissa's ice-cream cone.

"Blueberry. It's quite sharp and tarty. Wanna try?" Marissa replied as she held out her ice-cream cone to Yoochun's mouth. He smirked as she waved the ice-cream in front of him.

"Mmm, that's pretty good!" Yoochun said as he tasted the ice-cream. "It's sweet enough, but not sickly sweet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pair were still sat on the sandy beach, watching the tide and the waves go in and out. Just enjoying the quiet and each other's company for hours on end. Then Yoochun decided to speak up after he sensed something a bit strange. It wasn't noticable by eye just yet, but he could tell there was a storm brewing. It was going to rain, a lot.

"Come on, shall we head back now? I think the weather's going to change we don't wanna get caught in the rain." Yoochun said as he stood up, holding his hand out to Marissa to help her up.

She took his hand and stood beside him, dusting the sand off her dress and the back of her legs. She smiled as she clung onto Yoochuns arm. He had sensed that her energy was receeding as her temprature had gone cooler.

"You're not tired are you?" Yoochun asked.

Marissa shook her head slightly. "Not really. Well, maybe just a little bit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk along the harbour front was quiet. Yoochun and Marissa stopped every so often to browse the shop windows they passed.

"Ooh what's this place?" Marissa quizzed as she peered into the shop through the glass door. All of a sudden an older women with grey hair stepped into Marissa's view and she yelped, jumping back and quickly hiding behind Yoochun. The woman opened the door and stared at the pair for a few seconds before she turned to Yoochun and stared him directly in the eyes; as if she was trying to tell him something without speaking. He knew who the woman was though.

Then he heard the woman's voice in his head. Clear as a bell.

"Don't let her go. Look after her."

Yoochun nodded his head slightly before he reached round behind himself and grabbed Marissa's hand. He then gently pulled her away and continued walking up the harbour front.

"What was that all about?" Marissa asked as she looked back at the shop, still being pulled along by Yoochun.

"Oh don't worry about it. I know her." Yoochun replied.

"Oh, okay. Ahh, the rain..." Marissa changed the subject quickly as she stared up at the sky, the rain now dripping down her face..

Thunder was rumbling in the distance. Large drops of rain were begining to pour down from the sky. Yoochun put his arm around Marissa's shoulders and hurried her along. He was right, there was a storm brewing.

"Let's get back before we get drenched."

They ran along the harbour and over the bridge in the direction of the house. The entire town had gone dark from being covered with big, heavy dark clouds.

"Ah my feet hurt." Marissa gasped as she slowed down to a near halt. She was now breathing heavily.

Yoochun stopped next to her and noticed her eyes had started wandering and rolling about erratically.

"Hey! Marissa! Are you okay?" He asked as he shook her by the shoulders slightly. His hands clung to the material of her lilac summer dress, the light fabric was now becoming opaque from the rain. He shook her again as her eyes continued to roll about all over the place. Her energy felt weak, dampened almost. He shook her again a few times to see if she would snap out of it.

"Ugh dammit!" Yoochun shreiked. "Marissa! What's wrong?"

The thunder had come. It rumbled heavily followed by a quick flash of lightening then more deep rumbling.

Marissa sudden lept back into life. She launched herself at Yoochun and buried her face into his soaking wet shirt. She had started sobbing heavily.

"T...take me... home. Please... take... m m me home!" She stuttered.

Yoochun held her up against himself as Marissa's legs had began to buckle at the knees. He swiftly picked her up and threw her arms around his neck which didn't really do anything at all, her body had gone limp and weak as if she had no bones in her at all. He needed to get her home now.