Chapter 43

Strange and Beautiful

Marissa stared at her open diary as she twirled her pen round on her desk. She wanted to write someting but she just couldn't. She felt the urge to write but the words would just not come out. She had been sat at her desk for over twenty minutes now, but nothing had happened.

So for the need for something to do, she wandered in to the bathroom to change in to her pyjamas, wash her face and brush her teeth before she climbed in to bed. Yoochun was out working and he would be back in a few hours. So Marissa decided to ready herself for bed and possibly even read a book whilst she was waiting for him to come home.

She was so exhausted recently. Her blacking out episodes had sort of calmed down, almost to the point where she was barely having any. Marissa had been to the hospital many times for scans and tests and had seen several specialists about her condition, but nothing had come back positive. As far as they were concerned she was a healthy young woman. Healthy, possibly. Young, definitely not. She only looked young. She didn't even know it herself.

Marissa eventually trudged back through in to her room and climbed in to her bed, switching on her bedside lamp and carefully arranging her bed covers around herself before reaching over to her side table for her book. It wasn't long before she had sank down in to her pillows as she was reading. The book soon ended up closed and out of Marissa's hands as she eventually drifted off to sleep. The exhaustion had finally got to her. She didn't even hear the book fall to the floor.

 

Yoochun ended up back at the house around one in the morning. He had a busy night with the tours seeing as it was staying lighter a night ever so slightly longer and the weather was gradually getting nicer too. He made his way up the stairs and along the hallways where he saw a slight glow coming from Marissa's room. As he walked in, Marissa was slumped down in her pillows drooling slightly. Yoochun just smiled as he turned off Marissa's bed side lamp, then began to undress. He quietly climbed in beside Marissa and snuggled in to her. She instinctively snuggled him back and gurgled slightly as she did so. She was obviously exhausted. Yoochun smiled again as he gently kissed his human-shaped ice block. She was absolutely freezing and the blue lines on her face almost glowing.