S2C5: Bang's POV

Before The Sunset

 

"You need some help Bang?" Camper Joe asked. Bang looked up and nodded. Camper Joe grabbed his luggage and started to pack it under the bus. Usually Bang would've been able to, but his arm was still sore from last night. At least it wasn't dislocated like originally thought it was. Danny looked it over last night at the cabin and confirmed that it was just badly bruised. Camper Joe finished packing his stuff and turned to face Bang. "All set! I know last night was rough but did you have a good time overall?" he asked.

"Yes, sir," Bang answered. Camper Joe smiled and patted Bang's shoulder.

"Glad to hear. Now go on and get on the bus, son," He said. Bang nodded and went inside the bus and sat next to his usual seat next to Youngjae.

"Hey," Bang greeted.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Youngjae asked. Bang nodded. "Why'd you kiss Danny?" Bang stared at him, not knowing what to say. He was actually thinking about that himself since it happened. All summer-scratch that- all five years he's known Danny he's hated him, so why would he kiss him? Bang remembered being out in the forest all alone. He was so cold and he was certain he was a goner, but then Danny's tiny face popped up. Bang smiled and cupped his hands around Youngjae's ear to whisper his answer. Just as he pulled away Danny walked in. Bang's smile turned into his gummy smile and he scooted over to make room for Danny on their seat. Danny smiled back and sat down.

"Did you guys see the police take Ted away this morning?" he asked. Bang and Youngjae shook their heads. "He was crying so hard, you couldn't understand anything he was saying." They all laughed and then the bus driver started driving away, Camper Joe waving goodbye as we continued down the road. Danny pulled out a book from his bag and Youngjae played on his PSP so Bang decided to take a nap and closed his eyes. He was still awake, however, when Danny closed his book and turned to Youngjae.

"Hey Youngjae," he whispered. "What was Bang whispering in your ear?"

"You caught that?" Youngjae whispered back. Danny nodded. "I don't think I'm supposed to tell."

"Oh come on, I saved your life!" Danny whispered loudly, checking to see if Bang was awake, who kept his eyes shut as if he were sleeping.

"Ok, I'll tell you," Youngjae said. "But not now. I don't want you guys to forget me after this, so I'm using this as leverage for you to keep in touch with me. Deal?"

"Deal," Danny agreed already opening his backpack to search for something. He pulled out a paper and pen and scribbled something down before handing it to Youngjae. "That's my address. Come whenever you want on the weekends and we can have a sleepover."

"Ok!" Youngjae said. After that Bang really did fall asleep and soon felt an arm shaking him awake. "Hmm?"

"We're here," Danny whispered. Bang opened his eyes and looked out the window. It was late afternoon and Bang could see his mom chatting with Danny's parents in the parking lot. They both got up to leave.

"I'll see you guys around," Youngjae mumbled. Bang high fived him and Danny gave him a hug. They got off the bus and grabbed their stuff. As it drove off, Bang and Danny waved goodbye to Youngjae. When it was gone, the two boys were left watching the sunset.

"Bang?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we-I mean, you're not going to beat me up anymore right?" Danny asked. Bang smiled and looked at the other boy.

"Of course not, Danny. I don't beat up my friends," He replied. Danny smiled to and they both went back to staring at the sun setting into the horizon, leaving an abundance of colorful shades dance through the sky.