S5C1: Bang's POV

Before The Sunset

"Bang Yongguk," a voice said sternly. "TIme to go. Your plane leaves in a couple of hours." Bang turned away from the mirror to bow to his uncle.

"Ok, I just need to grab my bags." He walked over to his bed, where all his bags carrying his belongings were sitting on. His uncle helped him carry everything to the truck before going in the driver's seat. Bang turned around to hug his aunt goodbye, before doing the same with his little cousins. Although they were annoying, Bang liked having them around when he had to work on the farm. He wasn't an only child but he might as well be consideing the huge e between him and Yongnam, who was out of the house by the time Bang was barely nine. Besides, he enjoyed being the older figure instead of the younger. After he said his goodbye's Bang hoped in the passenger seat and his uncle drove off, starting the fifty minute drive to the nearest airport. Living in Korea the whole summer wasn't as bad as Bang thought it was going to be. He can admit he hated it the first few weeks, not being used to waking up at five every morning to work up until the sun went down. It , but eventually he realized that complaining about it wasn't going to make the weeks go by faster.

"Your parents would be proud of you," His uncle said, keeping his eyes on the road. "I was expecting much worse when they told me they were sending you here." He laughed and Bang joined him. He missed his parents, he couldn't wait to see them. They drove the rest of the trip in silence. When they finally arrived at the airport, Bang's uncle walked him to his stop and hugged him goodbye. Bang spent the next fourteen hours reading, playing games on his phone, listening to music, and sleeping. When he finally made it back to Seattle he stretched out his entire body, glad he was home at last. He barely stepped outside when his mom wrapped her arms around him.

"I missed you so much!" She cried.

"I missed you too mom," Bang barely mumbled, having difficulty breathing. When she finally released him her eyes got bigger.

"You look so different!" She noted. It was true. All that lifting at the farm gave him muscles track never could and being in the sun all day left him a nice tan. He looked around for his father but couldn't see him. "He's at work," His mother answered, reading the question on his face. He nodded, not knowing how he felt about it.

"I can really use a shower," He admitted, sniffing his armpits. His mom laughed and they went to the back of the car to put his bags before getting inside and driving off. Seeing his old nieghborhood felt so good, and brought up so many memories. When his phone buzzed he already knew it was Himchan. His best friend knew what day he was coming back and wanted to throw him a welcome back party. Bang didn't mind. As much as he learned at his uncle's place, he figured he deserved a night out. When they finally pulled up to his house his mom turned to him.

"Go ahead and unpack. I'll start up dinner." She headed towards the house and left Bang to grab his stuff. When he pulled all his bags into his room he went back to the car to close the trunk. He looked up and saw the one person he missed the most when he was in Korea. Danny. Bang couldn't fight it anymore. He liked Danny Wilson... a lot. He never got to see him before he left, he wondered how his summer went. He wondered if he crossed his mind. He watched as his neighbor struggled to pull the garbage bin out onto the curve. He laughed to himself and jogged up to him. Danny looked up and his eyes grew wider as he forced the bin in between them.

"Hey," Bang greeted.

"Hi," Danny replied. He looked around as if he was uncomfortable.

"I've been in Korea for the summer."

"I know." He said. "Your mom still comes over to chat with my mom."

"Oh."

"Yeah." An awkward silenced filled the space between them and Danny scratched the back of his neck. Bang realized he was in his black tank top.

"Notice anything different about me?" He asked, flexing softly.

"You have a ridiculous farmer's tan," Danny mumbled. Bang's mouth dropped for two seconds before laughing a little too hard.

"You're so funny!" He said, showing his gummy smile.

"I'm going back inside. See you at school." Danny turned around but Bang paniked and grabbed his arm.

"Danny!" He yelled. The other boy slowly turned around. "I'm sorry about Daehyun. I promise I'll apologize to him the next time I see him." Bang noticed a sad tint form in Danny's eyes before the boy looked away.

"Daehyun and I broke up," He mumbled. He pulled away from Bang's grip and continued to walk back to his house. Bang couldn't help but feel a little happy that Daehyun was finally out of the picture.

"Well hey do you want to do something later?"

"Goodbye, Bang." Danny replied, enterting his house before closing the door shut behind him.