S4C3: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

The bell rang at the end of third period and Danny quickly gathered his things and left the classroom. Daehyun told him to meet up with him in the front of the main office so he could lead the new guy to his next classroom. Danny was still confused with Daehyun. The school wasn't that hard to figure out, yet the boy insisted that Danny should help him. He hustled down the stairs and stopped in his tracks when he spotted Daehyun. It wasn't him that made him stop, it was the boy next to him. Bang was talking to him, along with Himchan. Daehyun noticed him standing there and showed the biggest grin on his face. Seeing him so happy gave Danny butterflies in his stomach. He had honestly never felt this way about anyone ever since his regrettable crush on Bang all those years. Daehyun said something to the boys and headed his way, earning him a glare from Bang.

"Hey," he greeted, his smile still radiating with beauty. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," Danny mumbled, not taking his eyes off of Bang and Himchan as they walked away in the opposite direction. "Did they give you any trouble?" He asked. Danny knew what a jerk Bang could be, and he couldn't shake off the feeling that his name might've popped up in the conversation.

"It's nothing," Daehyun said, but Danny didn't buy. Daehyun sighed lightly and walked right up to the smaller boy, his face inches away from his. "Don't worry about it, ok? Now let's go before you make me late to class!" He teased. Danny laughed and continued walking with him, but the feeling still didn't go away.

"What's your next class?" Danny asked.

"French," he replied. Danny looked at him, his eyebrow arching up and Daehyun chuckled. "My dad's French and when my parents get out of the army they want to settle down in France. Hence why I need to know the language."

"Oh, you'd go with them?" Danny asked, trying not to let his sad disappointment show on his face.  Daehyun must've noticed and lightly bumped shoulders with him.

"Yeah, but not for a long time, Danny," He reassured. They reached Daehyun's class. "Ok, I'll see you at lunch?"

"Wait," Danny said, grabbing Daehyun by his sleeve. "What did Bang say about me?" he asked.

"I said-"

"Please," Danny begged. "I know he said something." Danny looked at him and sighed.

"He told me you were gay," he revealed. Danny sighed in frustration. Was he running around the whole school shouting his business? Why would he tell Daehyun that he liked guys? Well, there goes that friendship.

"Oh," Danny mumbled. "What did you say?"

"That it didn't bother me because I was gay too," Daehyun said. Danny looked up and Daehyun threw a wink at him before he walked into his class. Danny stood there until it registered in his head that the bell rang and he ran to his next class. Through the remainder of the class Danny couldn't focus. Luckily for him it was just introductions. Daehyun was gay. Someone he thought was cute, might think he's cute as well. Danny was dying waiting for the bell to ring. When it did he jumped out of his seat and ran straight to the cafeteria room. It wasn't long before he spotted Brooke sitting on an empty table with a tray of food. He literally crashed into the seat next to her.

"What the hell is going on with you?" Brooke demanded, picking up her carton of milk that tipped over.

"Remember when I text you about that new kid I was helping around?" he asked. Brooke nodded.

"Yeah, the Korean." She unwrapped her sandwich. "What about him?"

"He's gay!" Danny squealed. Brooke's eyes widened. 

"What?!?" She yelled in a whisper. I looked up and noticed Daehyun making his way over to our table.

"Shh, he's coming," he whispered before looking back up at Daehyun. "Hey!"

"Hey," he said, smiling at him.

"This is my friend, Brooke. We both work as the nurse's assistant," Danny explained. Daehyun shook Brooke's hand.

"Nice to meet you," he said.

"Pleasure is mine," Brooke told him. Danny noticed the strange glint in her eye. She was up to something. "So Danny," she said. Here we go, he thought. "Are you still struggling with your study sessions for the college exams?" Daehyun watched us with interest.

"Yeah?" Danny said, not knowing where she was going with this.

"Damn," She mumbled. "If only you knew someone who could help you."

"I can help," Daehyun said. We both looked at him. "I can tutor you, if you want." Danny stared in disbelief.

"I-"

"That'll be great. You should start tomorrow," Brooke said.

"Ok," Daehyun replied, smiling at Danny. Brooke also smiled and took a big bite out of her sandwich, quite proud of herself. Danny had to admit, Brooke knew how to make things happen.