S4C2: Bang's POV

Before The Sunset

"Mr. Bang!" Bang sat up straight as he heard the teacher's voice. He blinked a couple of times to get used to the sudden brightness of the classroom. The teacher glared at him. "Mr. Bang, I will not have you falling asleep in my class on the very first day."

"Well maybe if you weren't so boring I'd stay awake," He mumbled, stretching out his arms as he leaned back against his chair. The class erupted into laughter and the teacher furiously tried to quiet them down. Bang smiled. Entering his junior year, Bang was still one the most popular guys in school. Even though track season doesn't start until next semester, everyone in school knew his name. The bell rang and Bang was the first one to quickly grab his stuff and run out the door. There was one more period before lunch so Bang stopped by his locker to drop off all his stuff. He didn't feel like carrying anything. He noticed Himchan coming up to him but didn't acknowledge him until he was right there in front of him.

"What's up?" Himchan greeted. They did their usual handshake.

"Dude, U.S. History ing ," Bang complained, explaining how he fell asleep in the class. Himchan chuckled.

"You'll live," He told him. They both had English together so they both went down the flight of stairs and headed toward the English wing.

"Bang!" called out a sweet voice. Bang turned around and wrapped his arms around Sooyoung, his girlfriend. They met over the summer at one of Himchan's parties and after getting hot and heavy under the covers, decided to become official. It had nothing to do with Danny's suggestion. Bang smelled the strawberry shampoo in Sooyoung's hair before kissing her cheek and letting her go. "I missed you, baby!" she cooed.

"We went out last night?" Bang reminded her. She crossed her arms and pouted, waiting for Bang to give in. He laughed and pecked her lips. "Ok, ok! I missed you too." Himchan started laughing and made whipping noise. Bang's face grew serious as he threw a quick punch to Himchan's shoulder. He cried out in pain and mumbled something as he rubbed it.

"Oh!" Sooyoung shouted. "I need you two to do me a favor."

"What kind of favor?" Bang asked. Sooyoung mostly asked for his help when it came to physical labor.

"There's a new kid in school and he's Asian so I need you guys to welcome him."

"It's the first day of school, how do you already know who's new?" Himchan asked. Sooyoung smiled.

"As president of the Asian Pride Club, it's my job to be up-to-date with all the new arrivals, especially those of Asian decent," she explained. That was the only set back to dating Sooyoung. Before Bang would usually skip the Asian Pride meetings, but now that he was dating the president, he had to attend the each meeting held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. He groaned and looked at her.

"Why can't you get the council of the club to do it?" he asked.

"Because he's Korean and we're the only Koreans at this school, so it'll make feel more at home if he's around people of his own race," she explained.

"So why can't you do it?" Himchan asked. Sooyoung was starting to get frustrated.

"Look all you two have to do is go up to him, introduce yourselves, and ask if he needs help. If he doesn't want it then you can leave him and go on with your day!" She said. Bang looked at Himchan, who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Deal," He said. Sooyoung smiled.

"Great! He's right over there," she pointed to a guy standing in the middle of the hallway, as if he was waiting for something to happen. "His names Daehyun."

"Gee, do you know his social security number too?" Himchan asked, dodging her swing. The two boys walked over to the new kid, who noticed them approaching him.

"Hey," He said, eyeing them.

"What's up, man?" Himchan greeted.

"You're new here right?" Bang asked. Daehyun nodded. "Well my name is Bang and this is my friend Himchan. We're part of the Asian Pride club and wanted to know if you were getting the hang of things. This school can be pretty confusing," He said. Bang was amazed at how proper he sounded.

"Well to be honest," Daehyun said. "I'm adopted. I don't really know anything about my Korean heritage." Well so much for that idea, Bang thought. Daehyun continued. "Someone's already helping me, but thanks though. Maybe I'll stop by at one of your meetings."

"Sure," Bang said, already turning on his heel to walk away. He did his job.

"Do you mind if I ask who's helping you?" Himchan asked. Daehyun looked at him.

"Danny Wilson," he said. Bang stopped dead in his tracks. "Do you know him?"

"Not really," Himchan replied. Bang gritted his teeth. Besides earlier this morning when that idiot jumped in front of his car, Bang had not spoken to Danny since that day he lost districts. He turned to Daehyun.

"I'd be careful with him, he might be helping you with the wrong intentions," Bang warned.

"What do you mean?" Daehyun asked, confused.

"He's gay, dude," Bang revealed. "He's probably just being nice because he thinks he can score with you." Daehyun started laughing.

"Do you even know him?" he asked. Bang glared at him. Why was this new guy acting like he new Danny his entire life.

"Yeah, I've been his neighbor for nine years," Bang told him. Daehyun nodded, but it didn't seem like he cared.

"Well I guess that's a good thing. Him being gay, I mean," Daehyun said.

"Why would that be a good thing?" Bang asked.

"Because I'm gay too and honestly, I think he's the cutest thing I've ever seen," Daehyun revealed. Bang felt his body tense up when he said Danny was cute. He was about to say something but then Daehyun had the biggest grin he'd ever seen on his face. He followed his gaze until he saw that Daehyun was looking at Danny, who was coming down the stairs. Danny spotted Bang and stopped in his tracks.

"Well it was nice meeting you two, but if you excuse me," Daehyun eagerly walked passed us and left with Danny to the Math wing.

"Well, that's settled," Himchan said, adjusting his backpack. They started walking to their next class. Bang turned around to look back at the two boys who were nowhere near his sight. He didn't know why, but something about Daehyun annoyed him.