S5C6: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

"I'm seriously considering just taking the failing grade," Danny said into his phone.

"Danny, you're being dramatic," Brooke told him.

"Well as long as I get an A in the final I can still pass the class," Danny reasoned.

"Yeah but then your GPA would go down and then you can kiss your Stanford dreams goodbye." Danny let out an exhausted sigh. Brooke had a point. If he really wanted to go to the college of his dreams, he'd have to do good on this project. Which meant actually working with Bang. Ugh.After he got off the phone with Brooke, Danny looked outside his window to see if Bang was in his room. When it didn't seem like he was he grabbed his phone and dialed the boy's number.

"Danny?" the voice asked, sounding a little too happy.

"Hey, are you at your house?" Danny asked, not returning the happy tone.

"No, why?"

"I wanted to come over to work on the project but we can do it another time-"

"No!" Bang cried. Danny had to move his phone away from his ear to avoid hearing damage. "I'm just at the grocery store getting my mom stuff for dinner, I'll be there in like ten minutes!"

"You don't have to," Danny told him. "We're neighbors we can just-"

"I'm on my way!" Bang hung up and Danny slowly got up to put on his shoes. He grabbed a pencil and a notebook before walking out of his house into Bang's lawn. As he was walking on the proch he heard the sound of an engine coming up behind him. He turned around to see Bang parking in front of the house and geting out with a couple of bags.

"Need some help?" Danny asked. Bang shook his head.

"I got it, but can you get the door?" He asked. Danny nodded and opened the door as Bang brushed passed him. After he put the bags down on the ktichen counter he lead Danny into his room.

"Why did you close the door?" Danny asked, watching Bang's face as it seemed he was searching for an answer.

"Uh, my dad's...studying?" He said, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

"Ok," Danny said, sitting down on Bang's bed to open his notebook. Bang sat down next to him, closer than he usually does. "Well I was thinking we should do our project on the Oil Spill or something like that."

"Are you hungry?" Bang asked. "You should stay for dinner."

"I promised Brooke I'd take her out later," Danny told him. "But what do you think about the topic?"

"It's fine,"He said, brushing it off. "Well how about afterwards you can come over and we'll-"

"Can we just focus on the project?" Danny snapped. The faster he got done with this the faster he could pretend it never happened. Bang stared at him before crossing his arms across his chest.

"You wouldn't be focusing if Daehyun was here," He mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Danny asked.

"I'm just saying, if he was here I wouldn't be surprised if the was a pile of clothes on the floor," He replied. Danny gasped and tried to take off. Again Bang was right behind him with his hand grabbing Danny's arm. "Wait, I'm sorry!"

"Will you quit grabbing me?!?" Danny cried, tugging his arm the hardest he could. He lost his balance and both of them fell on the floor. Danny felt Bang support himself by putting both of his arms on the sides of Danny's torso, his face only inches away from the others. Bang stared at him, his breath warm. Danny could smell his ocean breeze cologne mixed with his own sweat. "Get off me," Danny whispered.

"Make me," He whispered back, pressing his chest against Danny's. Danny sighed and turned his face away, breaking eye contact. "Look at me," Bang ordered.

"Or what?" Danny replied. "Will you beat me up if I don't?" It was Bang's turn to gasp as he finally let go of the boy. He didn't know what possessed him to say it, but he didn't regret it. Without glancing once at his neighbor, Danny grabbed his stuff and walked out of the house.