S5C14: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

A tired sigh escaped Danny's lips as he pulled into his driveway. He glanced at Brooke, who was in the passenger seat.

"Alright, I'm here," He told her. "Now go have fun."

"Danny just come with us!" She whined. As much as Danny loved to party at Himchan's, he just didn't feel like watching Bang have an amazin time with Sooyoung anymore.

"I'm too tired," He lied. "All that loud music gave me a headache." Brooke made a face and reached out to rub my head.

"Ok, then you should probably lay down," she said, finally giving in. Danny laughed and got out of the car. He walked around it to hug her goodbye.

"I'll be fine, Brooke," He assured her. "Besides, Himchan's waiting for you." They both looked behind them at the car waiting at the side of Danny's house, the man inside waving. Brooke smiled.

"I've been having mixed messages with that boy ever since Biology freshman year," she complained.

"Well go get him!" Danny told her, pushing her lightly towards his car. Brooke laughed, waving goodbye one more time before she got in the car and they drove off. Danny stood there and watched them as they leaved. When they weren't in sight anymore, Danny walked into his house. All the lights were off, so he wondered if his parents were out. "Hello?" he called out. When he got no answer he checked his phone, noticing that he had two missed calls and a voicemail from his mom. He held the phone up to his ear as he replayd the message.

"Hey honey," he voice greeted. "I know you're probably having a good time with Brooke but I just wanted you to know that your father and I went out with Minji and Daejung." He smiled and shook his head. He should've known that those four would take advantage of both Bang and Danny being gone and go out somewhere. "Also," His mom said, her voice turning very serious. "A letter from Stanford came in." Danny felt his heart stop. He didn't realize he was holding his breath until he was pratically dying from lack of oxygen. "We left it on your bed. Danny, whatever happens just know that your father and I are so proud of you and that we love you, ok? Goodluck sweetie!" Danny deleted the message as soon as it finished. He quicklg turned down the hallway into his room, his eyes immediately shooting down to the envelope on top of his bed.

"Oh my god," He whispered. This was it. This piece of paper was the only thing between him and the rest of his life. What if he didn't make it? With shaky hands Danny grabbed it, but then froze in his place when he realized he couldn't open it. His breath was getting irregular and he couldn't seem to think straight. Suddenly a light from outside his window. He looked through it to see Bang across the yard in his own room, undoing his tie. In the next moment Danny was climbing out of his window and rushing over. When he banged on the window, Bang jumped up but smiled as soon as he saw him.

"I just about to go see you," He told him, climbing out of his own window. His smile disappeared though as he studied Danny's face. "What's wrong?"

"Read it!" Danny cried, shoving the envelope into Bang's chest. Bang looked at it, arching his brow.

"It's a letter from Stanford."

"I know that!" Danny snapped. "I meant open it and read it!"

"Oh!" Bang sang. He ripped it open and pulled out the paper. Dany couldn't help but pace around him, his hands clasped around his mouth. He felt like he wanted to cry and his heart was beating faster than any other time in his life. Bang frowned, biting his lip as he slowly looked back up at Danny.

"Danny-" He started.

"No," Danny whispered, falling down into a sitting position as he dropped his face into his hands. He didn't make it. He wasn't good enough and failed. He wouldn't be able to go to his dream-

"You got in!" Bang exclaimed. Danny looked up to see the boy smiling at him.

"What?" Danny asked, not believing his words.

"Danny Wilson, you are going to Stanford," Bang stated. Danny cried out in joy and jumped back on his feet.

"I got in?!?" He cried, the biggest smile on his face. He started yelling in cheers and jumping up and down.

"We're going to Stanford, Danny!" Bang cheered, picking up the boy and swinging him around in the air. Danny laughed at the sudden use of strength but looked at Bang funny as soon as he put him down.

"We?" He asked. Bang smile turned into the giant gummy one Danny loved so much.

"I got a full scholarship!" He announced. "I'm going to be first string on their freshman team!"

"Bang that's great!" Danny said, proud of the other boy. It was in that moment that he noticed the position they were in. His hands were resting on Bang's chest while his arms were wrapped behind Danny's waist. Feeling his cheeks get red, Danny tried to pull away, but Bang's arms tightened and locked him in place. "I left my phone in my room," He mumbled.

"Danny," Bang whispered.

"I should probably go call my parents and tell them-"

"Danny," Bang repeated.

"-My mom's probably freaking out more than me-"

"Danny, stop talking!" Bang growled. Danny grew quiet and soon felt Bang's fingers lift up his chin to meet his gaze. When Danny looked up, he felt like his knees were going to give out. Bang was giving him the look. The look Danny loved so much, the look that made him feel so admired and wanted, the look right before Bang gave him his first kiss. Bang his lips, until he finally lowered them down and pressed them against Danny's. Danny's whole body felt like fireworks popping as his lips moved against Bang's, his arms wrapping around the man's neck. Danny felt himself easily relax into the other's body, as if they're bodies were made to be connected to each other. Bang pulled away, cupping Danny's face and staring into his eyes.

"Danny, I'm in love with you," He admitted. "I've loved you since I first saw you on that stupid swing." Danny smiled, pecking the other boys lips before resting his head on his chest.

"I love you, too." He confessed. "Although it took me awhile, I've loved you since camp." He felt Bang's chest vibrate as he chuckled.

"Wait, you didn't love me at first sight?" Danny looked up at him and gave him a look.

"You threatened to beat me up," He remined.

"Yeah out of love!" Bang teased. Danny rolled his eyes.

"Just kiss me," He told him.

"That I can do," Bang whispered, before Danny pulled his face down to his.