S4C14: Bang's POV

Before The Sunset

Bang was put in a holding cell for a couple of hours before his parents were able to pick him up. When he saw them, his mother was crying into a tissue and his father practically ignored his existence as they headed into the car. The drive to their house was a silent one, except for the small sound of tires squeaking to a stop when they finally pulled into their house. Bang was the first one out, crossing his lawn so fast it was as if he was in a race back in school. He tried to zoom around the corner into his room but his father angrily slamming the house door made him stop.

"We need to talk," His mother said softly.

"About?" He asked, his annoyance rising.

"You could've killed that boy!" She yelled, slipping into her Korean language. He had a feeling the rest of the conversation would be in his native tongue.

"It wasn't that serious," He replied.

"What am I supposed to say to Brenda?" She demanded, as if his fight with Daehyun had anything to do with his mother's friendship with her neighbor.

"I don't care, mom!" He complained. All he wanted to do was go to his room and go to sleep before getting ready to go to Himchan's party tonight, although he was probably going to get annoyed there too. As soon as the police officer returned Bang's phone and turned it back on, message after message came from people wanting to know the details about the fight.

"Don't raise your voice to your mother!" His father growled. Bang lowered his head, frustrated he was even going through this.

"How could you do that to Danny?" His mother asked. Bang bit his lip. He tried not to think about Danny since he was taken into custody. Hearing his name from his mother, with a tone that suggested Bang hurt him, was something he couldn't handle. Before he knew it, he felt a tear escape from his watery eyes and had to quickly wipe it off with his sleeve.

"I don't know," He answered truthfully. He didn't know what was happening when he launched himself at Daehyun, but if he'd go back and stop himself just so he wouldn't have to be the one who received the look of hate from Danny that has yet to be received from anyone else.

"If that boy didn't drop the charges, you'd be in jail. Your life would be over," She told him. He nodded.

"I  know, I'm sorry." His parents looked at each other in confusion. He still didn't understand why Daehyun dropped all the charges. He was positive that Danny had nothing to do with it, so maybe he did it as a final laugh at Bang. To show him who was the better man...and the more he thought about it, the more Bang realized it was true. Bang had his chance with Danny, knowing their kiss at camp left the other boy in love with him ever since. He knew this, but chose to ignore it, although he loved spending time with him. When Danny confessed, Bang should've used the opportunity to admit his feelings too, but instead he pushed his friend away and into the arms of someone better.

"Look son," His dad said. "We've been too leniant with you. We've decided that you're going to spend the summer with my brother's family in Korea." Bang's eyes opened wide and looked back and forth at his parents. Korea? For an ENTIRE summer? His uncle was a farmer who lived far from any city.

"But-"

"Your plane leaves tomorrow," His dad interrupted. With that, his parents went upstairs and left Bang with his thoughts and the after effect of the news. He slowly walked to his room and digged in his closet for his suitcase. The sunset's lights slipped into his room and Bang stopped momentarily to gaze at the shades of color in the sky. He eyes traveled down to Danny's bedroom window. He hadn't returned so Bang assumed he was still at the hospital...with Daehyun. Bang didn't care that Danny hated him, he prayed to see him one last time before leaving for the entire summer.