S5C23: Bang's POV

Before The Sunset

It was finally happening. Today, Bang was graduating. His whole life had basically revolved around this day, the day that would start the rest of his life. He looked across from him at the last chair where Danny was sitting. Last night was the closest Bang ever felt with Danny, when they faced their fears together. After Himchan's party they went back to Danny's house to sleep. This morning when they got up Danny was able to take an actual shower which put him in such a good mood Bang would smile just thinking about it. They were holding their graduation in a stadium not too far from school. As valedictorian, Bang was waiting for their principal to wrap up his speech so he could speak.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen. I give you your classes valedictorian, Bang Yongguk!" The crowd applauded as Bang walked up to the mic. He looked into the faces in front of him. These were the faces of the kids he spent these last four years with. He wondered if he would ever see some again after today.

"Hello," He greeted. "As I stand in front of you today, I can't help but look back at all the memories I've shared with you. Running late and having to jet down the halls to beat the bell, wondering who Mysterious Meat Monday was going to take as their next victim, and bringing our school it's first State Championship." Bang stopped as the crowd cheered and whistled. He laughed. "I will never forget these last four years with you guys, because they have shaped me into the man I am today. And as we all prepare to begin the next chapter of our lives, I'd like to give you all a farewell. Farewell to those of you who will become our world's next leaders. Whether it's politics or science there are several of you that I know will lead mankind into it's next step of unity and evolution. Farewell to those of you who will be our nation's next wave of entertainment. It's because of you, and your ability to help us escape from our reality, that society remains sane. And Farewell to those who will become the parents next generations. It's up to you to teach our future leaders about the morals that will help benefit every single one of us. Our time has come. Our time is now, my fellow students. And trust me when i say this, there's no one else in this world that I'd want to share this new experience with. Thank you, and good luck with your futures." Bang nodded his head as the stadium cheered and clapped.

"Thank you, Bang," the principal said. A few more people went to speak, then they started giving out the diplomas. First to go was the top ten percent, starting with Bang. Brooke went up as well and Danny was last, thanks to his last name. Followed by them was the rest of the school, including Himchan. Soon the principal was wrapping things up. "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you your graduating class!" Everyone was cheering then and Bang wasted no time in running up to Danny and capturing him in a big hug. When they pulled away Bang planted a big kiss on Danny's lips, knowing fully well that everyone, including his father, could see him.

"We did it!" Danny cheered. Bang smiled his big gummy smile.

"Yeah we did."

 

After graduation, Bang was driving around with Himchan, Brooke, and Danny in his car.

"Wait, no one's told me where to go yet," Bang said, looking at Himchan and Brooke in the rear view mirror.

"Let's hit up downtown or something," Himchan suggested.

"Negative," Danny said. "We can't go anywhere too far. We have to be at my house at seven thirty."

"Whatever happened to being fashonably late?" Himchan asked.

"That's Brooke's motto, not mine," Danny replied. Bang glanced at Brooke, recognizing when she was thinking.

"What's up your sleeve, Brooke?" he asked. Brooke looked up and smiled.

"Look at you, recognizing the faces of your boyfriend's best friend!"

"I try," Bang said.

"Cool, pull over."

"What?"

"Pull over I know where to go," she said.

"Why does he have to pull over?" Danny asked. Brooke let out an exasperate sigh.

"Because I know where to go and I want it to be a surprise," she explained. "Now stop asking questions and pull over!" Bang did as he was told, knowing he couldn't really argue with Brooke and got in the back seat with Himchan. As Brooke drived she and Danny kept talking about how they're last summer together was going to be the best one ever. We all had confused faces when she pulled into the school's parking lot.

"Brooke, the whole point of graduating is so that we don't have to go back to this place," Danny told her. Brooke shushed him and got out og the car. The three boys looked at each other and decided to follow her. They followed her all the way to the top of the stairs where she stopped and turned to us.

"One of the perks of having the school's janitor as a neighbor," she said, dangling some keys before opening the door that led to the school's roof.

"Yo, this is cool!" Himchan said, grabbing Brooke's hand as they ran to the edge. Bang waited for Danny before grabbing his hand. They caught up with the other couple and Danny gasped.

"It's beautiful!" He whispered. They were staring at the golden sun setting, it's rays of light displaying colors of red, orange and even purple. The view from the roof was amazing, making it seem as if time itself had stopped and it was only them on top of their school. Bang wrapped his arms around Danny and nuzzled into his neck.

"You're beautiful," he whispered into the boy's ear. He watched as Danny smiled, placing his hands over his own. He was so grateful for this boy, grateful to have his love. He looked back up into the sunset, wondering if the univese that cause it had any idea what he was experiencing. It didn't matter though. He had an idea, and it was such a wonderful idea. This idea of a life that he was able to live all before the sunset.

 

 

 

That's the final chapter everyone! I just want to say thank you to every single one of you who loved and supported this story. I didn't expect to get so attached to these characters and I'm a bit sad that it's come to an end. Still, this story will always be a part of me and so will all of you! Once again, thank you!