S4C5: Danny's POV

Before The Sunset

It was a couple of weeks into school and things were already falling into a usual routine. Danny's routine quickly revolved around Daehyun. It would start in the morning where Daehyun would show up and they'd eat breakfast together before the other boy drove them to school. After they're first class they'd meet up in the hallways where Daehyun would walk Danny to his next class until they ate lunch together. After school they'd hang out with Brooke until they went to the library where Daehyun would start tutoring him. It was during these lessons that Danny realized just how horrible he was when it came to tests. On his first practice test, he scored a 13, which would get him no where near the colleges he dreamed of. Today they were wrapping up the lesson on ACT tips.

"Ok," Daehyun said. "Let's review. If you get stuck on a question you..."

"Skip it."

"Good. What do you do when the announcement of five minutes remaining is made?"

"Bubble in all answered questions since you don't lose points on the ACT."

"Good, and when writing your essay always..."

"Stay on topic." Danny looked up and Daehyun gave him the warmest smile.

"Perfect," He he announced. Danny dropped his head on the table and exhaled.

"Ugh! I though my brain was going to explode," He said, rubbing his temples softly. Daehyun chuckled softly and started putting books in his bag.

"You did fine. Monday I'll give you another practice test so you can see how much you improved."

"Ok," Danny said, raising his head. Daehyun glanced at his watch.

"Hey do you want to grab a bite? We ended the lesson pretty early," He said. Danny shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure," He mumbled. He was always in the mood for food. They left the library and got in Daehyun's car. Danny looked across the parking lot to see Bang with Sooyoung, Himchan, and the rest of the popular kids. Bang turned his head and caught Danny staring before the latter had time to look away. Daehyun drove off until he parked in front of Olive Garden. Danny looked at him.

"Who just randomly craves Olive Garden?" he asked. Daehyun laughed.

"Shut up and get out of the car," He said. They went inside and waited until they were seated. After ordering what we wanted, Daehyun looked at me.

"How sad is it that you and Brooke are my only friends?" He said. Danny smiled.

"Very sad, but only because of Brooke. If it was me and someone else you'd be fine," He teased. Daehyun laughed. It was so easy to talk to him. Words just left Danny's mouth effortlessly. Even on the weekends Daehyun would come over and they would just bond over chips and Netflix. When they weren't together in person, they would text each other except for when they are about to go to sleep and Daehyun would call him. The food arrived and they started to eat. Daehyun moaned as he bit into his pasta.

"You have to try this," He scraped some of his food on his fork looked at Danny. "Say 'Ahhh.'" Danny laughed and opened his mouth as Daehyun guided the fork of food into his mouth. What he ordered was delicious. Danny took a sip of his drink and when he looked back at Daehyun, the other was leaning towards him with his mouth open. When Danny just stared Daehyun pointed to Danny's lasagna then pointed at his open mouth. Danny laughed but didn't move a finger. Daehyun slouched his body then pouted. "Hey, I fed you now you have to feed me!"

"I guess," Danny said. He stabbed a piece of lasagna with his fork and offered it to Daehyun. The hungry boy quickly bit it off and chewed.

"That's really good!" he exclaimed. They continued to share each other's plates until they were both empty. The waiter came.

"Would you two care for desert?"

"No thank you, just the check," Daehyun told him. The waiter nodded and handed him the check. Daehyun pulled out his wallet. "I know this small shop across the street that has some killer cheesecake," He said.

"Cool," Danny replied. He liked cheesecake, not as much as Daehyun, but he liked it. "How much was my plate?"

"Don't worry about it," Daehyun told him. Danny furrowed his brow and tried to reach for the check but Daehyun snatched it away. "I invited you here, it's on me."

"Fine, but at least let me buy the cheesecake," Danny offered. Daehyun smiled.

"Deal," he said, winking at him. Daehyun paid the waiter and they left to the small desert parlor across the street. Danny got a strawberry cheesecake, while Daehyun got chocolate fudge. They left the shop and got in Daehyun's car. They drove to Danny's house and decided to sit on his porch. Danny was about to take a bite out of his cheesecake when he noticed Daehyun staring at him, already chewing his. Danny wanted to blush, it was the same look he gave the first day they met.

"What?" He finally asked. Daehyun his lips and smiled.

"I'm such a good boyfriend," He said. Danny's eyes popped open as he stared at the other boy.

"What?!?" he asked, shocked. Daehyun laughed.

"What do you mean what?" He asked. "I am! I took you on a nice dinner date and now I'm sitting here eating cheesecake with you." Unbelievable, Danny thought.

"We're not dating," he said, hoping his red cheeks weren't to obvious.

"Then what would you call this?" Daehyun countered. Danny wanted to reply friends, but he also didn't. It was true, they were closer than any friend would be.

"Well...you never really asked me to be your boyfriend you know," Danny pointed out.

"Is that it?" Daehyun asked. Danny looked up to see him his fingers before hoping off his seat and closing the distance between them. Daehyun cupped Danny's face and stared into his eyes with his beautiful chocolate brown ones. "Danny Wilson, will you be my boyfriend?" he asked. Danny was dumbstruck. This was really happening.

"Y-yeah," He stuttered. Daehyun smiled.

"Good," He whispered softly, before closing the remaining distance between them. An explosion of feelings traveled through Danny's body as he felt Daehyun's lips against his. When he finally started to kiss back, Daehyun pulled him closer. Danny wrapped his arms around his new boyfriend and deepened the kiss when a door angrily slammed shut. They pulled apart  and looked around. Danny noticed Bang's car parked outside, which wasn't there before. Daehyun grabbed his chin and turned him so they were gazing at each other again. Daehyun his lips once more, making Danny's pulse quicken. "You taste like strawberry cheesecake," he said.

"Is that good?" Danny asked. Daehyun smiled.

"It's my favorite flavor," he said. Danny arched his brow.

"So how come you didn't get one?" he asked. Daehyun just looked at him, with so much care and appreciation in his eyes.

"So that I would have an excuse to do this," He said. Leaning in to reunite their lips once more.