Chapter 5: Attempting to Recover from Jet Lag

Big Bang's Personal Vent Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When we arrived at the dorms, they were empty. It was 2 in the afternoon so I assumed the band was doing…band things. I wondered what an average day was like for them.
            “The boys took time out to meet you today. Normally they would be rehearsing for an upcoming tour they are about to go on. That involves dance practice, vocal rehearsal, staging and…oh well you know.” YG said. “All that stuff. They probably liked getting that little break. And G-dragon, he also goes by GD, he is always writing, whether it be for the band or for a solo album, he is always taking time out to write. You should probably know that.” By the time he finished talking we were inside the dorm.
            As we walked by several rooms he told me who’s was who’s. Eventually we made it to the last room in the hallway. “This one is yours,” he said as he pushed the door open. The room had a queen-sized bed, a large dresser and a decent sized walk in closet. Nothing “to fancy” YG said, but to me this was ten times bigger than the apartment I was paying a little over a thousand dollars for a month in the city. Come to think of it, I didn’t even have a closet at all. My bed flipped into the wall at night and I washed my dishes in the shower. I don’t even want to get into the fact that I lived on the fortieth floor and there wasn’t an elevator.

My eyes widened when I saw it and I couldn’t resist the magnetic pull the bed had to my body. I had completely forgotten I had just ridden on a plane for eighteen straight hours and the jet lag was starting to catch up with me. I fell face first towards the bed and sleep caught me in it’s arms before I even hit the bed.

 

                                    .                       .                       .

I woke up feeling completely rested and leaned over onto my left side. I looked at my digital clock. It blinked “11 pm”. Wow. I had slept for so long. The band was probably already home. I snuck out of my room silently and checked the living room but no one was there. I placed my ear against some of the rooms and heard nothing. I guess I was still alone.
            I slipped back into my room and grabbed some towels, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash and made my way to the bathroom.
            The bathroom was something else. Black tile and two showerheads. The walls around it were made out of glass that was so clean, I wouldn’t even think they were there if not for the gold lining. I guess when the guys need to get up and out early and don’t feel like waiting they shower together? I don’t know. The fans might like the thought of that, and after meeting them I could safely assume that maybe that’s something they do for fun sometimes. I chuckled to myself. The bathroom was so beautiful. I couldn’t wait. I practically ripped my clothes off and started fondling the knobs trying to figure out how everything worked. A couple burns, and five minutes later, I managed to adjust the water to a decent temperature.

There were so many buttons. After pressing a few I realized that the shower also acted as a steam sauna but it sprayed out really hot water and burnt my skin a few times. I don’t know how it’s supposed to work because no human could actually stay in that while it shot liquid lava at you. I assume maybe you are supposed to turn it on for a few minutes, let the water steam the shower, turn it off, and then step in the shower? I will have to ask someone some other time.
   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter