Chapter 15: Signing Contracts, Dance Rehearsals, and Awkward Encounters

Big Bang's Personal Vent Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            I had fallen asleep eventually. I don’t know when exactly, but I did. I finally woke up around 11am. I went into the living room and the television when I realized no one was there. I didn’t knock on anyone’s door, respecting their privacy. I didn’t need them for anything so why bother them? By the time noon rolled around, I assumed no one was home. 

            An overwhelming sense of loneliness swept over me. I sat down on the couch. I remembered back to the events that took place last night and earlier this morning. My face fell forward into my hands that were propped up by my knees. Why me? I wouldn’t be surprised if they all hated me. I work here and I pass out on the first night we actually hang out as a group? I must seem like an annoying dog they adopted but didn’t realize they didn’t have the time to take care of. Will they give me back up for adoption? Or in other words: will they fire me and leave me on the search for a job again? I can’t do that!

            And Seunghyun. Oh Seunghyun. What the heck happened with Seunghyun? Did I imagine that? There’s no way I imagined that. He kissed my forehead. I was in his room! Suddenly I felt a longing in the pit of my stomach for more. I wanted to fall on his bed and let my face rest in his pillows, taking in the scent of his cologne. I wanted him by my side. I wanted to lay next to him in his silk pajamas.

            I shook my head. I have never fallen for someone so fast, let alone for someone who can hardly speak my own language. I was starting to recognize my feelings instead of allowing myself to fall into denial for once in my life and I wasn’t sure if I was okay with this.

            I decided to go find my contract and read it over. YG wanted it today, and the day is already halfway over. I found it in my room and flopped onto my bed.

            After about a half an hour, I had finished reading the whole thing, fine print and all. It was very straight forward and it was obvious no one was trying to scam me. Major points included my cell phone usage, obligations to the band I already covered in his office, living arrangements and so on-nothing I didn’t already know.

I went into the kitchen and found a nice black pen and signed on the dotted line. I would hand this into YG and I could either solidify my spot here as Big Bang’s Personal Vent Machine or he could tear it up in front of my face and fire me for last night. I was prepared for either option.

            I got dressed in the cheapest outfit I could find that Seunghyun purchased for me and called a driver. I looked myself over in the mirror after applying some make up and put my hair up with a long clip. This stuff doesn’t suit me, but I know that this is the world I live in now. Maybe not for long, but for now, this is the world I live in. Even though I can class up a five-dollar dress for the streets of NYC and pull it off, I know that it’s not the same here where everyone sleeps in Gucci. This dress looks like an every day dress, it should be fine. I looked at the price tag that read what Google said to be the equivalent to $600 USD. I shrugged it off-this is my life now- I grabbed YG’s money and went to wait outside.

            I freaked out internally over how much the dress cost till the car pulled up to the sidewalk. Who was I kidding?

            When I arrived at YG Entertainment, my grasp on the contract tightened, bending it a bit. Crap. I tried to fix the small dents and realized my hands were sweating. I closed my eyes as I heard the car pull away and took a deep breath then made my way up to YG’s office.

            Standing outside the door, I knocked gently. “Ne?” I heard.
            “It’s me, _______, I have the contract,” I said through the door.

            The door suddenly opened and I was face to face with YG. My heart stopped until I saw that his face was glowing. “Come in, come in!”
            This is good so far. This is a much different reaction than what I had been expecting.

            “Nice dress. Did you buy it when you went shopping?” he asks.

            “Ah…well, yes but-“

            “Great! I am so glad you had a great time! So, you have the contract?”
            I hand him the papers.

            “Good! We are so glad to have you working for us. The boys have had nothing but great things to say about you,”

            Really. “You spoke with them today?” I ask.

            “Yes! They took you to dinner last night I hear. You passed their test,” he laughs to himself. What test? “I always tell them not to do that but they always go ahead and do it anyway. I’m sorry. I would ask you if you didn’t want to work here anymore but you obviously already signed the contract,” he smiles.

            “What,” I begin speaking before I can tell myself not too. “did TOP say?” I said his stage name without thinking. It helped it sound less personal even though I was being so oddly specific. Good thinking brain.

            “He was being his usual pouty self. He really doesn’t know how to have fun,”

            “What? He didn’t speak at all?” I hoped I didn’t sound to interested.

            “No he did, but he kept giving the other members ‘tude about making you drink. He said that you are not a drinker and that to make you drink so much was an awful thing to do. He just doesn’t know how to party. You had fun right?”

            Did he say ‘tude? Oh my God. This guy is the coolest human on earth. “Yeah…I…enjoyed myself,” I said. I hope he didn’t hear my hesitation.

            “Good, good!” He didn’t. “Well then, if you want-the band is down the hall working on some choreography if you want to go watch. I have some work to do so I will see you later. Have a nice day!” he said.

            “Oh! I wanted to give this back to you,” I said holding his money out with two hands. “I didn’t use it, so I felt it was only right to give it back to you,” I said.

            He looked dumbfounded. “How did you buy the dress if you didn’t use the money?”

            I didn’t even think he would ask me this question. “I-ah-uhm-I, well-“

            “TOP bought it for you didn’t he? I knew I gave you to little. Ah-keep it! I’ll make him bring you somewhere less expensive next time,” he said as he turned around walking back to his desk. He was shaking his head and he began to mumble to himself. “Knew it. I knew I gave her to little. Pabo, pabo!”

            I inched out of his office as he gave himself a lecture. He’s a really unique character. I pressed my back against the wall, taking a second to think. So they don’t hate me? They like me? What about Seunghyun though? YG’s description-I can’t tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Is he pissed because they made me drink to the point of passing out and being an inconvenience to him? Or just pissed because they made me drink? Ah! He is so hard to figure out. I was in the middle of debating whether I should just go home or not when Jiyong and the group came funneling out of a room down the hall. They instantly noticed me and Jiyong ran over trying to give me a high five.

            “Girlllllll! Lookatchoo!” he was practicing his gangstah swag speak apparently by referring to my new dress. Because that’s American. “So crazy! You cray,” he hesitated. I assumed he was now referencing to last night. “You got your…cray…on?” he erupted into laughter not looking at me anymore but at the rest of the band gauging them for reactions until Seungri slapped him over the back of his head.

            “You make jokes! Not funny! She’s not understand!” Seungri shouted, throwing his hands out to the sides. He always yells when he talks in English! It’s so funny though. Cray-on? That was a pretty clever play on words. I don’t get why he is talking about crayons, I get the crazy…but cray

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter