Thoughts

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo shot up from his bed. He groaned, glaring at his phone ringing beside him. He snatched it up and answered without even looking at the caller.

“What?” He snapped.

A grunt was heard from the other line. “Can you come with me? And oh, good morning grumpy douche.”

His eyes widened. “J-Jiji?”

“Hey, jerk.” Eunji greeted flatly from the other line. Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. Never did Eunji call him, or text him. What happened?

“Come where?”

“I don’t know, anywhere away from Jongin.” She muttered. She paused for a while hearing no response. “Jerk, Jongin’s here at our house, and well he’s trying to… bring me to one of his dates.” She whispered with emphasis on the word ‘date.’

Myungsoo chuckled. “… How did that lead to you calling me?”

“Well…” Eunji fibbed, biting her lip. Yeah, why did she call Myungsoo, when she hates him like hell?

 

“Please…. Cupcake. Myungsoo’s a bore, so I prefer you coming with me!” Kai begged, literally hugging her knees. She struggled away and turned around, hiding her face.

“Jongin, it’s a date. What am I, a third wheel?” She scoffed.

Kai grinned. “No! I just want you to see this girl. She’s different.”

Eunji shook her head. Kai have been asking her for almost an hour now, and all she dd was refuse. Of course she would. She’s not a martyr to step up ti  his date and watch them get cozy. No way. She in her breath.

“I… I need to go somewhere today.”

Kai clucked his tongue. “Shut up, you’re making excuses. And if you’re going out, you would be alone. I mean, you have no friends here. Stop lying, Jiji.”

She turned around to face him, crossing her arms. “I’m going out with Myungsoo today. He promised to… show me around.”

 

And that was how she chose hell over Kai.

Myungsoo couldn’t speak, he was stunned. Eunji sighed on the other line. “I know, I don’t know what made me say that too. But, just, please…Even if this hurts my pride so much.”

He smiled unconsciously. “One condition.”

“What now?”

“We’re using my Ducati.”

 

“How could you even not use this piece of heaven?!” Eunj grinned as she hopped down the gigantic motorcycle. She hopped around with a grin on her face. “Can we just ride it all day? Please please please?”

Myungsoo looked at her as if she was crazy. “You… like it?”

“Of course! It’s so… bad-! Why do they even need cars when enormous motorcycles like this exist?” She chuckled and the motor’s shiny metal.

An amused smile tugged on Myungsoo’s lips. “You are different.”

“I know.” She grinned and pushed me playfully. “Let’s go do something fun. At least I’ll have fun even if my companion is… far from fun.”

Myungsoo eyed her pointedly. “Oh really? Are you... insulting me?”

“Hmm-hmm.” She retorted.

He clucked his tongue and held her wrist. “You still don’t know me, Jiji.” He whispered before dragging her away.

 

“Wow, a ferris wheel? Seriously Kim Myungsoo? I was expecting some bad- ride from you.” She snickered, trying to suppress her laughter.

Myungsoo glared at her. “Whatever you say, we’re riding this.” He seethed, jaw clenched. Eunji raised both her hands in mid-air and nodded. “Geez, sure.”

They lined up and soon enough it was their turn to ride one balloon. Myungsoo got in first without even helping her up. He grunted and sat across him.

“As usual, you are a jerk.”

“Who said I wasn’t?” Myungsoo snapped back.

Oh, Eunji really was going to have fun on this ride. Real fun and excitement.

The ride started escalating slowly, and Myungsooo’s lips tugged into a smile. Eunji sat there, bored and knocked out with lack of fun. She looked at Myungsoo who was concentrating on the view.

“Myung—“

“Shh!” He placed his index finger on her lips and glared. Eunji backed away, noticing how close they were. She cleared and Myungsoo moved away, flustered.

She looked at him curiously, her head tilting to the side. “Hey wha—”

Myungsoo silenced her before she could even start, his eyes never leaving the view. Few moments later the ferris wheel stopped at the top most and Myungsoo smirked.

“Now.” He chuckled and pulled her beside him.

She shrieked. “Ya, what are you—“

Myungsoo grinned boyishly and turned her head towards the view. Eunji closed and just stared at the breath-taking scene before her. She could see Seoul, and the vast ocean miles away. The fluffly clouds seemed closer to her, and her eyes sparkled.

“Wow.” She mumbled, totally taken aback.

Myungsoo smirked knowingly and admired the view himself. “Talk about bad-.” He muttered.

“Really bad-.” She said breathlessly.

 

“I think what I said last time was mean. But I just think it was mean okay, I'm not being a softie or something. Don't think of this as an apology..I just think th

Eunji looked at Myungsoo for a moment, brow raised.

Myungsoo bit his lip and cooly looked away. “You know, about… Jongin.”

“That it’s gonna be really hard for me?” She squeaked, her heart clenching. Myungsoo sratched his head. “I mean, maybe you, mad woman, have an advantage. You’re the bestie, he knows you.”

“Yeah, like how he knows you.” She bitterly chuckled.

“No. Like how he sees you differently.” He retorted, brows furrowed. She stopped walking and looked at him with scrutinizing eyes.

Myungsoo shrugged and walked away. “I mean… you’re different.”

 

______________________________