Doubts

Can We both Win?

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“Hey Oppa?”

Kris nodded slightly as Minah entered his office. “You came.”

“Yup. I always do.” She giggled, handing him a cup of hot coffee. Kris accepted it and sipped willingly. “Thank you. Minah.” He whispered.

Minah smiled in content. “You’re always welcome, Oppa.”

“Uh… My break’s soon. Lunch?” He whispered again, unsure of what he’s saying. Minah smiled in delight with what she heard. It was the first time kris offered lunch with his own will.

Her smile was indeed of pure joy. “Great!”

 

“We’ll have bloated faces if we have ramyun for dinner, Myung.”

Myungsoo shook his head firmly. “No, we’re having dinner later at that ramyun shop. It’s really daebak, and I don’t wanna miss the chance.”

“We can always eat there anytime.” She shrugged.

Myungsoo looked at her and smiled playfully. “You’ll eat with me anytime?”

“Sure.” She mumbled nonchalanctly, looking at the students passing by. Myungsoo felt his smile grow wider. “Like really?”

Her head jerked to him and noticed his smile. “What’s up with you?”

He quickly looked away. “Nothing. Ramyun tonight, that’s final.”

 

Kai arrived at their usual gazebo and plopped beside Eunji. Myungsoo was a few spaces away, and he gave him a meek nod.

“How’s today?” Kai asked the two. Myungsoo just grumbled.

Eunji sighed. “My professor’s too bossy.”

“What did he do to our precious Jiji?” Kai mumbled, pulling Eunji closer to him. Eunji didn’t seem to mind and went on with her rant. “He’s making me do all these things and errands and he thinks I’m~”

Eunji went on an on. Kai caught Myungsoo’s stare at the corner of his eye. He tightened his hold on Eunji’s waist and leaned his head on hers.

Myungsoo quickly looked away. There was something stirring up inside him. Yeah, Kai was always sweet and touchy towards Eunji but it would always have that brotherly feel to it.

But the way he’s touching her at that moment, it seemed different. It seemed not brotherly at all. And it was making him feel that stupid stirring inside him.

Eunji pushed Kai’s head off and faced him. “Right?”

“W-what?” Kai asked innocently.

She rolled her eyes. “Were you even listening?”

Myungsoo suddenly stood up. He walked away without a word.

Eunji looked at him walk away. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Dunno.” Kai shrugged. But he knew.

 

Eunji sat by the window of the ramyun shop, blowing raspberries every now and then. Minutes later, Myungsoo’s Ducati parked carelessly outside. He swaggered inside the shop and sat across her.

“What took you so long?” She whined.

Myungsoo glared at her and flipped his menu open. Eunji snickered and scanned her menu too.

“Why didn’t you order ahead?” He asked flatly.

Eunji shrugged. “What’s the point of having dinner together when I eat ahead?”

He rolled his eyes. “As if eating with me mattered with you.”

“What?” She snapped.

Myunsgoo waved his hand. “What.”

“Why are you being so moody? If you were a girl you’re probably PMSing.” She snorted and thew a table napkin at his face. He caught it and threw her a disdained look.

“Maybe I am PMSing. Stop annoying me.” He grunted and played with his phone. Eunji smiled to herself and transferred seats.

She sat beside him and poked his cheek. “Jerk~”

No response.

“Douchebag~”

Silence.

“Idiot~”

None.

“M-Myungie~”

Myugsoo’s eyes widened, but he kept still.

“Oppa~”

He looked up and stared at her. “What?”

“Ew it sounds gross saying that. But hey I have your attention now!” She grinned and tapped his cheek. Myungsoo grunted and pried her hands off. “You are weird.”

“And so are you.” She stuck her tongue out and went back to her seat.

Myungsoo regained himself and mustered. “W-where’s… Jongin?”

“I don’t know.”

“Do you… still… feel something for him?” He fibbed, acting nonchalant. Eunji bit her lip and sighed. “Honestly, I really don’t know.”

“What do you mean by that?” He placed his phone on the table and propped his elbows on the table.

Eunji drummed her fingers. “It’s just that… I  feel different around him. Sometimes I do feel like before, sometimes it’s different, like I don’t even care.”

“Really?”

“Yup.” She replied, popping the p. Myungsoo slowly nodded. “Oh, so you’re kinda moving on now?”

“Yeah I hope, I mean, it’s the right thing, don’t you think?”

Myungsoo looked away. “What if he feels something for you?”

“We all know that’s not true.” She chuckled. He shrugged and felt relieved when the waiter arrived with their bowls. That way he can avoid asking more, because he was just confusing himself more.

He didn’t even need to know that, but he just had to ask.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________