Avoiding Game

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Eunji cleared .

Minah turned around, a little stunned. “E-Eunji-sshi!” She pinked and looked down. Eunji sighed and walked past her towards the fridge. She grabbed a bottle of water and turned around.

“Liste—“

“I’m sorry for last night, Eunji-sshi. I was just… overwhelmed it turned ot to be impolite.” Minah muttered. Eunji bit her lip and nodded, though she couldn’t force a smile. She was pissed, pissed with everything.

“Sorry for snapping on you too.” She whispered. Minah’s lips tugged into a smile. She slightly waved the spatula she was holding and beamed. “Let’s forget about it! I’m preparing breakfast, it won’t take too long! Kris Oppa’s on the dining room.”

Eunji gave her a curt nod.

“Thanks… but I’m not hungry.” With that she walked out.

“Mei?”

She stopped on her tracks when Kris’ voice echoed within the hall. He stepped out of the dining room and walked to her. “Breakfast?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“You need to eat you—“

“I’m not hungry, okay? Even if I am I’m not in the mood. Just… eat there, Ge.”

 

 

 

“I don’t want to, Jongin. Leave me.”

Kai whimpered childishly as he trailed behind her. “What happened to your mood? And why are you in a hurry? We have to wait for Myunngsoo!” He stomped his foot.

Eunji bit her lip as she felt anger stir her up. “Wait for that person, then. I’m going to class.”

Myungsoo took in a deep breath before he entered the classroom. The space under his eyes were unusually dark, and his lips were chaffed. His mind never came to a peaceful state ever since. The jerk knows how not to sleep, being the lazyass he is? Priceless.

But reality was, he was bothered. If he keeps pushing her away, why does it seem like she’s not happy? Or maybe he’s just thinking like that to comfort his loss?

He scanned the room and there she was, sitting away from her usual seat, beside a male classmate who was looking at her as if she’s something to be eaten for lunch.

Of course, he thought. She would be angry at him. He freaking left her last night.

He sighed as his brows furrowed. Brat needs to get out of that seat right away.

He trudged to her side and held her wrist to pull her up, but she stayed still.

“What the hell are you doing?!” He glared at her, hissing the words.

Eunji avoided his eyes and simply replied. “I can’t see from there.”

“Oh really?” He spat back, annoyed.

Eunji jerked her head to his direction, her jaw clenched. “Can you just go away?”

“W-what?”

“Go away, Kim Myungsoo.”

 

 

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Kai chirped as they lined up for food. Eunji twitched her lip and rolled her eyes. “I don’t know him.”

Kai suppressed her laughter. “You two don’t seem to be the type to fight for real.”

“Well now we are fighting for real. Deal with it.”

Kai poked her side. “Come on, Jijibaby, Myungsoo’s our friend. You can’t be angry at him forever~”

“Or you want me to be angry at you too?” She moved away from him. Kai backed away too, hands raised in mid-air. “Nope, we’re good!”

 

“She won’t even talk to me and now she’s ignoring me and she freaking left me alone and now I don’t know where she is and I feel if she’ll be... gah! Annoying!” Myungsoo stopped walking and stomped his foot.

 He raked his hair and exhaled. “That brat.”

With frustration written all over his face, he entered the cafeteria. He didn't even have the mood to eat, he was so damn annoyed, and pissed. With Eunji? No? With himself?

Okay, he’s confused too. Damn what a life he lives.

Eunji dumped her tray of rubbish and went to Kai who was already waiting for her on the cafeteria’s door. “Let’s go?”

“Hmm.” She replied, not even giving a damn when Kai placed his arm on her waist, pulling her closer as they walked.

 

Myungsoo stopped walking once again when he spotted her, of course with Kai. Bad timing, he thought. If he wants to talk to the brat, she had to be alone. If he’d get her now, he would be ing.

“It must be the time of her life.” He mumbled, watching her exit the cafeteria with Kai. They looked like a couple, or maybe they already are. What a life.

His brows furrowed. It felt extremely different whenever these situations occur. When he sees her with Kai, he knows he’ll be hurt. But there’s this thing.

He wants her. He needs her.

Is he just giving up like a total fool? Just because he knows this is what she wants?

Can’t he be selfish?

 

“YA, YI JIA LI!”

And there it goes, him acting before he even thinks about it.

 

 

Eunji’s eyes widened. She pried Kai’s hands away and her heel hesitantly. Myungsoo was there, standing with an unreadable expression.

The whole cafeteria was looking at him, who just used his super alien-like piercing voice. She bit her lip in embarrassment. Kai was mumbling incoherent words beside her.

Myungsoo managed to ignore the stares he was gaining and trudged towards her. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her away.

Away from the stares, away from the cafetearia, away from the people, away from Kai.

 

“What the hell is your ing problem?!” She whined, annoyed of getting whisked away just like that. Myungsoo let go of her when they reached an empty place. “I don’t know.”

She scoffed. “You.. You what?”

“I don’t ing know!” He spat out.

“The hell jerk you are one bipolar !”

“And you are one annoying brat!”

“I hate you! For last night, for everything!”

“I hate you too, for making me like this!”

She stepped back, head tilted. “What?”

“I’m sorry, okay? I was just… annoyed last night. And I wasn’t in the mood.” He mumbled, head hung low. She bit her lip again. “So you just left me when I needed to talk to you? Is that it?”

“Yup.” He finally calmed his stupid heartbeat.

“Just because you were… not in the mood? I needed you because I was having a dilemma and you leave me because you’re not in the mood? Wow.” She snickered. He managed a wicked playful smile. “Aren’t I always like that?”

“Well… yeah. You are.”

“Then why are you avoiding me?”

“Because… I got pissed at you?”

“You’re not sure?”

“The hell you’re playing with my brain!” She rolled her eyes and walked away, leaving him alone.

She was cursing him for being so annoying that she was not paying attention to her surroundings. She crossed campus street when a car was about to pass through.

Everything happened so fast.

Her eyes widened when she was suddenly pulled back, her body hitting something. She opened her eyes and looked up only to meet the jerk’s eyes. His arms were carefully wrapped around her shoulders.

He pulled away and poked her nose. “You see, brat, you can’t live without me.” He winked and slung an arm around her. “No more pissed thoughts my brat, we’re good, okay~”

She gritted her teeth in annoyance. He was damn one annoying jerk.

She was supposed to be angry at him and avoiding him all day to annoy him too, but this is what turned out to happen.

 

 He won. She lost.

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

So... Okay, I know you guys wanna skin me alive right now. I updated late. Too late.

Hear me out! No? Whatever still gonna say it :P

Something really big happened. REALLY BIG.

And that is... college. Yeah school started, and I'm a freshie, so I got busy with all the adjusting stuff.

Sorry.

 

Blame college. Loljk