Uncomfortable Sight

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“No boys.” Kris finally declared, the last of his ‘rules’ that he was telling Eunji. Eunji stabbed a pancake with her fork and brought it up to her lips. She was wearing a smug expression.

Lay looked at her, and then at Kris. “Ge, she’s only in it for one guy. And besides, who would even notice her? Doesn’t even act like a girl.”

Eunji burped loudly and sheepishly grinned at them. “I just love pancakes.” She mumbled at the two.

Lay shuddered. Kris sighed and drank his water before speaking. “Just saying. Call us of you need anything, ara?”

Eunji eyed both of her cousins and rolled her eyes. “Yeah, whatever.”

 

“Jiji, my cupcake!” Kai hollered as Eunji got out from Lay’s car. Lay patted her head once before leaving. She grunted and walked towards the boisterous Kai. His voice was attracting attention Eunji obviously hated.

Kai jumped and enveloped her in his arms. Blood rushed to her cheeks, again, but she played it well. “Gee, Jongin, shut up.”

“Everybody tells me that.”

Just then, a gigantic scary looking black Ducati motorcycle sped in front of them. It stopped, attracting everyone’s attention. Kai grinned and let go of her.

“Dude!!” Kai cheered.

Myungsoo carelessly hopped down and removed his helmet. He ruffled his hair for a while and slipped on his sunglasses. Girls everywhere swooned at the sight of the two friends. Eunji stood uneasily a few steps away from them, her lip twitching.

Myungsoo’s eyes landed at her and he smirked. He pulled down his sunnies to his nose and winked. “Hey Jiji.”

Eunji rolled her eyes and walked beside Kai who slung an arm around her. They arrived at the hallway of the floor where her first class will be. “You need to text me, or Myungsoo where you are every hour, okay?”

She gawked at him. “That’s like worse than Kris ge. And why in the world, would I text him?” She scoffed, looking at Myungsoo with distaste.

Kai was about to speak when Myungsoo snapped. “Because Kai will be busy most of the time, if you know what I mean.” He chuckled darkly.

Kai smiled sheepishly, touching his nape. Eunji sighed and walked ahead, leaving the two boys running after her. Or more like only Kai was. Myungsoo was again, swaggering his way like a king with all the time in the world.

“I’ll just meet you for lunch, okay?” Kai beamed and hugged her once more. She snorted and shooed him away. *Oh, Kim Jongin. You sick bastard.*

Eunji stopped when she saw Myungsoo walking in her direction.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Myungsoo looked at her boredly. “This is my class.”

was left hanging when as she watched Myungsoo walk inside the room. She stomped her foot endlessly and raked her hair. “What a life.” She hissed, cursing nothing in particular for her ‘unlucky’ life. That’s how she puts it.

When she walked inside, it was the typical university classroom where students did what they wanted. Most of the seats were already occupied. Except for some that were left empty. Like one, beside a scary looking guy who was eating paper.

On another one, was some couple making out. Yes, they were sharing a seat.

And the others, most likely more… unappealing as the other empty seats.

She in her breath, brows furrowed. She scanned the room and met Myungsoo’s eyes. He was smirking at her knowingly. She looked at his finger tapping the empty seat beside him.

“Oh, hell.” She groaned, walking towards him with no other choice.

 

The three-hour energy draining class ended. Eunji yawned and got up, stretching her arms. Myungsoo woke up from his nap, smiling as he realized it was over.

He walked out the room and waited by the door frame.

“I’m going to the cafeteria. Kai will be there.” He shrugged, acting nonchalant. He realized he should’ve asked her. This girl hates her.

Eunji stuck her tongue out and brushed by his shoulders. “I’m not walking with you anymore, dimwit. I can handle myself.”

Myungsoo chukled and rolled his eyes. “Suit yourself.” He muttered and walked away.

Eunji glared at his back and looked at the enornmous campus. There were more or less seven buildings all in all. She blew a raspberry and walked, but then she heard noises.

A group of guys probably smoking weed and banging girls were walking in the same direction she was headed to. She gulped and swallowed her pride with it. In a matter of seconds, she was scrambling to Myungsoo’s side. He looked at her, not really amused.

“I’ll… walk with you.” She blurted out, acting cool.

Myungsoo smirked.

 

“Cupcake, you’re here.” Kai grinned at her, totally unbothered by the girl sitting on his lap. Eunji cringed at the sight, her top was just too revealing.

Myungsoo sat across Kai and took out his phone. Eunji just stood there, looking around. “Do you know where Lay ge is?” Yes, she’d choose to go with her stubborn cousin that sit there with kai flirting with another girl.

Kai shrugged. “Probably not his break time. He’s still in class, maybe?”

Eunji inwardly groaned. It was a disgusting sight, and a painful one too. But she was a rock. She could go through anything.

She sighed and sat beside Myungsoo, because sitting beside Kai and his… girl was not in the choices.

She took out a granola bar and began nibbling on it, playing on her tablet. Myungsoo was… dozing off beside her.

“Oppa, that tickles.” Kai’s girl giggled in her high-pitched voice. Kai chuckled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

Eunji looked away, flustered. It was never a good sight. It was far from it.

Myungsoo, however, was also noticing her unease. He noticed how she would flich, how she scrunched her nose and stuff. He was getting a hint of the situation.

“Let’s go.” Eunji gasped when a hand suddenly grabbed hers. She looked up to see Lay looking at her with those eyes. He tugged on her hand more.

She awkwardly stood up and waved at Kai. Kai ignored his girl for a second and grinned at her.

Myungsoo followed her with his eyes.

He someohow was suspecting, but he's still not so sure about it.

 

Lay slung an arm around her and poked her cheek. “Fat-, you alright?”

She nodded glumly. She wasn't in the mood to talk back.

Lay chuckled. “I was at the right time, was I?”

“No, you were late. It was not a nice sight, Ge.” She sighed, leaning a little of her weight on to her cousin. Her mood was down the drain. Lay may be a jerk of a cousin, but he sure knows his cousin well. He knows when to come, and what to do.

He clucked his tongue, setting aside his jerk attitude for once.

“Come on, there’s a nice café there.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________

A one-sided love... is not a good thing, really. 

 

Oh, look at my lovely poster! :) thanks to LeeMi's 3rd graphic request shop!

Thanks for subbing, and for commenting, and waiting!