Letting you Go

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

 

"Good Morning, sleepy head."

Eunji groaned and hid under her heavy sheets. Myungsoo chuckled to himself and sat beside her, slowly peeling the sheets away. She prpotested but he was much stronger. "Are you shooing me away?" He feigned pain, clutching his chest.

Eunji sat up and rubbed her eyes. "I am. Go back an hour later." She lied down again and closed her eyes, snuggling close to her pillow.

He sighed exasperatedly and lied down beside her. He pulled her close that her eyes shot wide open. "What are you doing?!" She yelped, as he smirked his way to complete happiness. "I'm cuddling with my girlfriend. Don't even try to protest, I have the right."

"You do have the right, if she agrees. This is !"

"Woah, let's not go to that topic that fast. Or are you...?"

Eunji finally managed to squirm out his grip. She moved away and covered herself with the sheets. Her cheeks were crimson, her eyes looking down. "I... I wasn't saying anything like that!"

"I was joking, Ji." He chuckled and shook his head. "Come here."

"No."

"Do you want me to get you there?"

She stayed still there, unmoving as a rock.

"Come on, babe. Come here."

She sighed and moved to his side wordlessly. He smiled contentedly and placed and arm around her. She leaned her head on his chest and closed her eyes. "Any plans for today, jerk?"

"Yup. Get dressed."

"Okay!" She was about to get up but he pulled her back. "Why?"

He closed his eyes and snuggled closer to her. "Five minutes."

 

 

"Say ahhhh~"

Eunji shut and shook her head vigorously. Myungsoo scowled and ate the gelato instead. "I'm spoon-feeding you, and here you are, a kill-joy."

"You're becoming so greasy I might actually be filled with the grease I can't breathe." She stuck her tongue out and crossed her arms. It was true, the jerk was acting all gay. It was cute when it started, but it got too much that she might puke rainbows and unicorns any second now.

"Fine." Myungsoo pushed the gelato cup to her. "I know what you want."

"Thanks." She smiled and got the cup to devour it herself, but she saw Myungsoo opening his mouth like a little kid. A dumb kid, to say. "Aaaaah."

She gave him a questioning look. He pointed to the cup, then to his mouth. She got what he meant and she immediately scoffed. "You thought I wanted to.. Feed you?"

He closed his mouth and frowned. "Whatever."

"You guys . Gross." Kai pulled a chair and sat beside Eunji. "Like seriously? Don't tell me you're on the cheesy relationship stage."

"Relationships have stages?" Myungsoo shook his head at the absurdity. Kai gave him a stern look and clucked his tongue. "Kim Myungsoo, you are so uneducated in this field of interest. Relationships have stages. The overly attached stage, or cheesy stage, then the chill stage, here you are so comfortable, then the big bang stage."

"The... Big bang stage?" Eunji raised a brow. Kai chuckled and ruffled her hair, earning him a death glare. "It's kind of like the chill stage, but here you're so free you aren't shy to talk about things and do things together."

Her brows arched. "Why is it called Big Bang?"

"You bang each other freely."

"Jongin!" Myungsoo scowled at Kai, while Eunji was left dumbfounded.

Kai chuckled and whisted. "Chill, bro. She needs to learn."

"You're ruining Jiji's innocence!" He hissed.

Kai rolled her eyes and leaned closer to Myungsoo. "Oh stop it you. You just want to ruin it yourself." He winked.

Myungsoo's blood rushed to his cheeks. "No I do not!"

"Oh I kno-"

"Just get a life, Jongin. We're trying to spend time together, away from people who think green."

Kai raised his hands in mid-air and stood up. "Sorry, love birds! See you when I see you!"

 

 

"Myung, I don't know how long we're going to ignore this, but I'm leaving soon."

Myungsoo didn't move a muscle. He was seated perfectly on the grass, his head resting on his knees. No emotion passed on his face. She expected him to react differently. She didn't expect him to be so calm.

Long ago, before she even met Myungsoo, she already wanted to study abroad. She wanted to explore another place, another continent. The news of her papers already processed, if said a long time ago, would have excited her. But now, she was broken. She didn't want to leave him, but she also wanted to go.

It was so hard. It was a matter of love and interest. *If only he'd come with me.*

Eunji hated the silent treatment. "Jerk!"

"I'm not ignoring it." He said, not taking his eyes off the scenery.

Eunji bit her bottom lip and composed herself. "What is this day for, Myung?"

"To be with you before you go." He smiled.

"So this is like... Goodbye, huh?" She chuckled bitterly. She looked at the scenery to have some calmness but she was peeved to death. Not even the greenery can calm her.

"I'm sorry."

She made no response. They sat their in silence for a few minutes before she sighed.

"Won't you wait for me?"

He placed an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "I'm sorry."

"You can't come with me? I-I'm not forcing you." She pleaded, eyes blinking and threatening to moisten any moment. Myungsoo kissed her forehead and nuzzled her hair. "I can't. I have to finish my studies here, Ji."

"You know... In movies... Distance is..."

"Is nothing." He finished. "You know I learned something Ji. It was Yeye who taught me to open my eyes."

She gazed at his serene face, so different from the jerk that always wore that arrogant smirk. But she liked this face, it was so comforting. But it hurt looking at him, knowing they'd be apart.

"What is it?"

He closed his eyes and let the sun's rays warm his skin. "Love, as cheesy as it sounds."

"L-love?"

He nodded. "Love is not about me. Love is not for me. I can't love you like this."

Her eyes widened when she felt his hold on her loosen. His smile vanished and a tear fell from his eye. It hit her so hard that her lips trembled as she tried to say something.

"If it isn't for you, then that means..."

He chuckled bitterly. "I was a fool, all this time. I was afraid, babe. You have to understand. I was afraid you don't feel the same way I feel for you. You can't even... Say..."

He stopped short when she placed her lips on top of his. Myungsoo's tears lined his cheek as he pulled her closer to him, embracing her whole body on her lean arms. He kissed her back with all the emotions flowing, that he didnt ever want to let go.

But they pulled away, looking at each other's eyes. "So you really are letting go, Kim Myungsoo."

"Yes, I'm letting go. I'm sorry." He pulled her close and embraced her, resting his head on her shoulders. "You know why?"

She didn't reply.

"I'm letting go because love isn't for me. This love is for you, Yi Jia Li. I'm loving you not for myself, but for you. I'm letting go of you, because I don't want to hold on to you anymore. I don't need to hold you anymore. I have you here, no matter what." She pulled away and looked at his hand holding hers, placed on his chest.

She blinked, and another tear lined her cheek. He smiled and wiped it with his thumb.

"Letting go means so much more, Ji. Letting you go means having you here with me despite the distance. Nothing can keep us apart, because we're together, in here."

Eunji bit her lip. She was about to say something when Myungsoo cut her off.

"Will you let go of me too?"

She looked at his eager eyes and she nodded. "Yes, I will let go of you, Kim Myungsoo."

He smiled and pulled her again, but she stopped him by placing her palms on his chest. "Before that, let me finish."

He gave her a confused look.

"I love you, Kim Myungsoo."

He smiled and finally captured her lips once more.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

 

p

 

 

I have something more for you on the next chappie, before i end this :>