Bad Temper

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

And yet another school day.

 

“Stop dozing off, he’ll see you!” Eunji whispered harshly and stepped on Myungsoo’s foot. He glared at her, annoyed. “I don’t really care.” He hissed back.

“He’ll punish everyone, so be good!” She spat out.

Myungsoo sighed and raked his hair. 

About an hour later the bell rang, and the students hurriedly exited the room like they hated it. Of course they hated it. Myungsoo stood up and stretched his arms. He ruffled his hair, when he remembered his ‘seatmate.’

“You sound like a mom, you know, nagging at me at class.” He started. Eunji just snickered and continued fixing her stuff.

Myungsoo sat down at the table in front of her and smirked. “Tell me, do you really like annoying people?” He his chin, feigning interest. She lifted her head up only to meet his eyes staring back at hers.

She narrowed her eyes to slits and glared. “I was saving the class from another scolding, jerk. Be thankful to me.” She exhaled heavily and looked away.

Myungsoo chuckled at her remark. “Oh, thank you so much Jiji, for saving us and reminding me.” He mocked, mimicking her voice.

All Eunji wanted to do was strangle him, but she kept it in and smiled. “You know what?”

“No, I still don’t know. You’re about to tell me.” He grinned playfully.

She sighed. “You’re helpless.” She said through gritted teeth and walked past him, but Myungsoo was sticking out his foot on purpose. She staggered, and regained her balance by holding the table. She glared at him, he glared back. No one was backing out at this game, no one.

Myungsoo was quite enjoying their face-off. Eunji smirked a little. “So you’re not backing out, huh?” She whispered, nearing his face and not breaking the eye contact. Myungsoo shook his head.

“Oh baby, I don’t give up.” He smirked.

 

“Uh, guys—“

Eunji looked away, flustered. Myungsoo was chuckling beside her. Kai was on the door, scratching his head. “I… I thought I’d pass by, my class ended a little late. I didn’t mean to…” He looked at Myungsoo then at you. “Disturb you.”

Eunji’s eyes widened with embarrassment. “We were just—“

“Save it, Jiji.” Myungsoo cockily smiled and slung an arm around her, dragging her out the room. She closed her eyes briefly. “… Having a glaring contest.” She finished, almost a whisper. All she wanted was to drown in her place.

Myungsoo felt her embarrassment creep up, and yes, he loved it.

 

“You’re kind of disgusting, Jongin, with all that.”

Kai looked at Eunji. His girl for the hour just left, leaving Him with Eunji. Myungsoo was… sleeping somewhere. The corridor, maybe.

“What, the girls?” He chuckled.

Eunji looked at him pointedly. “The flirting and all. Really, I’m serious. And why didn’t you tell me you were that Kai everyone in school talks about?”

“You… didn’t ask?” Kai sheepishly offered his answer. Eunji groaned. “You’ve really changed. A lot.”

Kai didn’t like what she said. He frowned. “Hey, cupcake, look—“

“What?” She snapped.

He sighed heavily. “I didn’t change. I’m still Jongin, okay? I may be hanging out with girls that much, but it can’t change me.” He explained. He was a little sad knowing Eunji thinks that way.

“If you say so.” She muttered, looking around. She didn’t like having this conversation. Especially with Kai. Kai smiled and stood up. “You know what?”

“No, I  still don’t know. You’re about to tell me.” She answered back. She recalled it was Myungsoo’s cocky answer to her a while ago, and a chuckle escaped her lips.

Kai rolled his eyes. “I’m walking my cupcake to class. Let’s go.”

 

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I was just sitting in my last class for the day, waiting for the professor to come, when a girl pulled a chair and sat beside me.

“So how did you do it?” She spoke in a slurry way, chuckling. I looked at her as if she was crazy. “Excuse me, but I don’t think we were having a conversation.”

The girl narrowed her eyes and burst out in a loud high-pitched guffaw. “We are going to have one, now.” She shrugged, after regaining herself.

I just stared at her. Do I even have a choice?

“So, how did you do it? How did you get Kai’s attention? Seduce him? How?”

A chuckle escaped my lips. So this is what it’s all about.

“I didn’t get his attention. We’re friends.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Don’t play that trick on me. I know you’re one of his girls. So, what did you do? You seem to be plainly dressed. Di you lock him up in a room or something??”

Lock him in a room? What the hell?

“Really, we’re just friends.” I muttered, irked. I don’t want where this conversation is going.

She looked at me with a dubious look, her lips twitching. “Now, don’t play innocent on me, Eunji. I know you’ve been doing your magic to him. I’m just surprised he’s not ditching you. Yet.”

Okay, I don’t want this. She’s accusing me as one of Jongin’s s? No way am I that low.

I in my breath and crossed my arms.

“He wouldn’t dump me.” I seethed.

She laughed.

“Because I’m not his .” I finished, pushing back my chair and storming out. It’s better to walk away than stay there, I can’t commit a crime, I won’t get my hands dirty.

That girl, gosh if it wasn’t for my morals I would’ve slapped her, hard.

 

“You look like you want to use the bathroom. Is it coming already? The bathroom's over there.” Myungsoo jerk Myungsoo walked beside me, leaning on the wall. He raised a brow. “You ditched class?”

I glared at him. “I’m not on the mood.”

“Well I am.” He smirked. “What happened? Why are you angry?”

I exhaled deeply and bit my lip. “One of my classmates mistook me as Jongin’s .” I snapped, my fists clenched. Get over, get over. Breathe, breathe.

Myungsoo had his mouth agape. “Bad move for her?”

“No, Myung, she was friendly to accuse me as a . What do you think? Of course it’s bad!” I retorted, stomping my foot. He shook his head and eyed me.

I must be freaking red right now. Yeah, I turn red when I’m fuming.

“What do you wanna do? Slap her?”

I swallowed. Can this guy get any dumber? What does an angry person want to do, of course just be angry and kill the other person.

I faked a smiled at Myungsoo, gritting my teeth. “I just wanna walk back in that room, smile, give her a good hi five!” I faked enthusiasm. He chuckled, sensing my sarcasm.

I wasn’t done though. “A hi five, in her face, with a chair.” I muttered darkly.

“Well… that seems really friendly to do.” He laughed.

I ignored him, making scenarios in my brain as I murder that girl.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

“Hey why’d you run away? Hurt? Oh I didn't know you had feelings.” A girl in fitted pants and a tank top walked down the hall towards Eunji. So this must be the girl getting a hi five.

Eunji tensed in her place. She was getting really crimson, and if possible, steaming air was coming out of her ears and nose.

This girl is on fire. Literally.

“I’m sorry, were we talking?” She put on a good friendly façade, but she was smirking. The girl approached her and was a bit stunned seeing me there.

She smiled shyly at me, as if it would work. “Oh, hi Myungsoo Oppa.”

I just stared back at her, like I always do.

Eunji chuckled and looked at me with disbelief. I gave her that what-I-did-not-do-anything look. She turned at the girl and smiled, a smile too wide it was forced.

Trust me, she looks like she really could kill.

“Now what? You’re flirting with Myungsoo Oppa too?” The girl raised a brow at her and snickered. Eunji shrugged. “Oh, him? He was flirting with me.” She smiled cockily and tilted her head at the girl.

That got me. Me? Flirting with her? She’s delusional. I turned to talk but she silenced me with her look. Okay, I’ll let the queen talk now.

The girl laughed. “You sick obsessed b*tch.” She hissed through forced laughter. Eunji now changed her facial expression, it was back to murder face.

She stepped closer towards the girl, jaw clenched and fists balled.

Oh no, this is bad. I mean, this looks serious.

She was about to speak, when I couldn’t help it anymore.

“Let’s go, Jiji. Let her be jealous.” I spoke nonchalantly, tugging on her wrist and dragging her away from a possible criminal scene.

 

 

______________________________________________

Lol these two, really.