Ally

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“What’s up with you, Ge?”

Kris jolted up, taken by surprise. Eunji’s chuckle echoed around the kitchen. The dragon his heel and pursed his lips. “You seem to have fun at surprising people.”

“You don’t usually get surprised though. What’s wrong?” She shook her head and leaned on the counter. Kris his lower lip and carefully exhaled, careful not to set any weird emotion. “Nothing’s wrong, mei.”

Eunji cocked her head to the side. “When you act like some clumsy fool hiding something, there is something wrong. Don’t try it on me, Ge. I know you too well.”

Kris rolled his eyes. Of course she’d know. “Too well.”

“What is it?” She urged.

He met her eyes and again, exhaled. “Mei, remember that time when I talked to you about…”

“Minah?” She finished. Deep inside her she knew it was about that girl, but she was still hoping it wasn’t. But well oh well she was unfortunate.

Kris tried to read the younger one’s emotions, but Eunji kept her straight face. “This is about Minah. And you opening up to her, is it?”

Kris nodded. It felt like Eunji was the older one. “You know too well.”

“Why are you bothered, then?” She asked cautiously. She was afraid of the answer. She was afraid her cousin got too attached to the girl, without knowing anything.

Kris smiled a little. “Mei, I need to tell you something.”

Please no, please no, she fervently hoped. That girl can’t win in this thing. Not my Gege. Not Wu Yi Fan. She can’t hurt my cousin in any way.

“I like Minah.”

Well damn, she thought.

“Good for you, Ge.” She smiled tightly, keeping up her façade. “Find your happiness, Ge. I’ll be in the dining room if you still want to talk.”

Kris bit his lip. “Mei—“

“Wait.” She turned around, her eyes unfocused. “Don’t. I don’t want to talk. I’ll get going, I’m late for school.”

I’m sorry, Ge. But this is the wrong, so wrong.

 

 

Kai frowned.

“Why are you ditching class this afternoon?”

Eunji radiated a different aura and he wasn’t liking it. She was walking really fast, while poor Jongin was trying catch up.

“Jongin, I’m late for class.”

He groaned. “You’re worried you’re late, but then you’re gonna be absent this afternoon?  Come on, Princess, don’t make me laugh. Do you want Yeye to find out you’re being absent and stuff? Ya you jest reconciled with him!”

Eunji stopped walking and faced Kai. “You don’t know anything, Jongin.” She said through gritted teeth.

“Oh I know—“

“I’m late. See you when I see you.” She smiled tightly and left.

Kai watched her leave and scoffed. “Seriously, what is up with her today?!”

 

“ man!” One student groaned loudly when the teacher walked out. Myungsoo who was sitting beside Eunji let out a whistle. “How can he fail all of us in the test?” He uttered.

Eunji was staring blankly at her testpaper. Everybody in class failed, and all the complaints were echoing around the classroom.

“Ya.” Myungsoo poked her side, making her flinch.

“What?” SHe said, not looking at him and still staring at her paper.

“You don’t seem upset.” He mused and watched her closely. Eunji blinked and turned to face him, only to have his face inches away from hers.

Eunji was about to move back but Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. “Do you want ice cream later then, it takes all the stress away.”

Eunji squirmed from his grip and bit her lip. Her heart was pounding heavily for some unknown reason. “I… I can’t, Myung.”

“Why?” He cleared his throat, trying to hide his disappointment. “You love ice cream.”

“I’m ditching afternoon class, I have somewhere to go.”

“But..”

“Jongin already knows. I guess we’ll see each other tomorrow.”

Myungsoo watched her fumble with her things, stuffing everything inside her bag. She stood up and smiled at him briefly before scrambling her way out the room.

“What is wrong…?” He mumbled.

 

 

EUNJI’S POV

 

I can’t focus.

There’s so many things going around my mind. I can’t organize my thoughts.

“Here, keep the change.” I muttered as I got out of the cab. I walked my way to the vast lobby of Incheon Airport, biting my poor lower lip.

I’ve been biting it lately; this is not good. I’m having a new bad mannerism.

But… why was I feeling weird a while ago? And Myungsoo’s being… ugh, I don’t know.

I tapped my foot impatiently. This is taking too long.

 

NARRATOR

 

Eunji stood there at the lobby, looking at her watch every now and then.

“Baobei.”

She turned around, and a wide grin plastered on her face. “Ge!” She jumped to thae man's arms and chukled heartily.

“You missed me, baobei?” He ruffled her hair.

“I surely did, you moron.” She pulled away with a lopsided grin.

The tall man chuckled with his deep voice and slung an arm around her. “So we have a mission, right? You had me flying here all the way from Beijing.”

“Hmm, I know I can count on you. No one believes me.” She cooed as they walked out the airport.

“That's because you're keeping it from Yi Fan and Yi Xing. You're playing hero nowadays. Let’s go then, I can’t wait to eat some Kimchi chiggae.”

 

 

________________________________________

I know what you're thinking..... lol

you'll find out. I'm gonna spice things up.

Sorry I've been gone, our Prelims just ended.

:> heehee but i'm here now. lol