Annoying Brat

Can We both Win?

 

 

Author’s note: Hey guys. I think some people misunderstood the last chapter. The last chapter conveyed the past. It was before Myungsoo and Kai talked to Eunji.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“Mei?”

Eunji placed her cup of coffee down and dabbed her lips with the table napkin. Her brows rose inquiringly. Lay shrugged across her. “Just curious, did you fight with the boys?”

She diverted her sight to her plate and began slicing her pancakes. “Nope.”

“Weird, they usually just barge in. They’ve gone MIA for the past few days.” Lay muttered, scrunching his nose and mindlessly chewing his food. Eunji’s jaw clenched and unclenched. “They have their own life. When are the teachers coming back?”

“Tomorrow.”

“So we go back to hellhole tomorrow.” She groaned.

 

 

Kris paced around his office, his forehead creased with confusion.

“Hey Ge.”

He almost gasped out of shock, but he was Kris. He avoided emotions for as long as he can. “Mei? You decided to drop by.”

“Yup. My classes resume tomorrow so I’m making the best out of my day today.” She smiled tightly, her voice between monotone and cheerful.

Kris nodded in understanding. “Go to Yeye. I’m sure he has some things to do for you, if you’re that bored. Why are you not with the Kai? Myungsoo?”

She crinkled her nose. “No thanks. So, lunch? I'm craving for pesto pasta, Gegegegegege.”

“Good Morning, Oppa!!”

Eunji stiffened as Minah entered the room, unaware of her presence. Kris’ eyes slightly rounded with surprise. “Minah-sshi.”

“I’m not late today~ So where do you want to e— oh, Eunji-sshi!” Minah beamed and smiled cheerfully as she spotted Eunji sitting there on the couch.

“Hello.” She replied, smiling tightly.

Kris smiled a bit at his cousin. “Mei, eat with us? We can eat at that Italian resto nearby.”

Eunji shook her head. “I just remembered, I have to meet up with some friends.” With that she turned around and walked out, gritting her teeth.

Just her presence irked her. She couldn’t stand her, but she had to.

 

 

Myungsoo exhaled heavily. He couldn’t think straight.

“Damn that girl.” He hissed, raking his hair. His face displayed utter frustration. Twenty calls, all were ignored. Of course he’d be frustrated.

He slammed his arm on the steering wheel. Moments later he was about to drive away when holy heavens, his phone vibrated.

And to his happiness, it was from the stubborn girl.

“What do you want?” She monotonously said. Myungsoo fought the urge to roll his eyes. The brat was playing the cold façade, and it won’t work on him.

It never will.

“Where are you?” He asked, ignoring her question.

“Why do you care?” She spat back, annoyed. However it was all useless. Myungsoo will never be affected with her avoiding him, because he will always, always find her.

Myungsoo started the car’s engine. “Are you in the usual ice cream shop?”

“….” Myungsoo smiled as he heard Eunji scoff. “What the hell Myungsoo? How do you know that? Are you stalking me??”

Myungsoo was already speeding away towards the shop, his phone on speaker.

“You can’t hide from me, my brat.” He chuckled before ending the call.

It was so easy for him. He shook his head and chuckled to himself.

 

“You finished two cups already?” Myungsoo mused and plopped across her. Euni looked up and scowled at him. “When will you leave me alone?”

He propped his head with his elbows. “Let me think…. Never?”

“Go die.” She muttered andfrowned even more. “How do you even…?

“First, duh you are a natural pig. And based on your mood… you will really seek ice cream. Second, who wouldn’t know? I heard the clinking of the door bells when we were on the phone.”

Eunji looked at the shop’s door. True, the bells clinked every time a customer walked in or out. She sighed to herself. Of course, how could she not know?

 “Didn’t I make it clear to you? I don’t want you, or Jongin. Leave me alone.”

Myungsoo pouted. “You know what? No.”

“Please.” She hissed through gritted teeth.

“No.” He firmly replied.

She sighed in frustration, her forehead creased and her lip twitched.

“Why are you even avoiding us?”

“Why can’t I?” She retorted.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Fine. I want to hear you out. About… what you said. Tell me more about it. I trust you, Ji. We trust you, we just need to hear you out. It’s our fault we didn’t give you the chance to explain.”

Hey eyes turned into slits. “Don’t you think it’s too late for that?”

Myungsoo bit his lip. “Ji, please.”

“You really want to know?” She prompted. He nodded in an instant. Eunji chuckled bitterly and crossed her arms. “Because like you said, the attention is not on me anymore.”

“Ji sto—“

“I love attention so much that I decided to say that.”

He closed his eyes briefly. “Please, answer me honestly.”

“I already did, Myung.” She slowly replied with poorly hidden sarcsm.

They sat there in silence, tension heavily hanging in the air.

“I don’t want us to fight you know.” Myungsoo broke the silence. He was sitting still on his seat, his eyes glued to hers. She sighed and closed her eyes for a brief moment.

Myungsoo squirmed in his seat, realizing she had no plans on replying. He released a frustrated sigh. Sure, he was annoyed to hell. He just wanted this stupidity to end.

“Don’t do this.” He hissed.

“Do what?” She snapped.

 

“Don’t just avoid me after making yourself important to me, you brat.”

 

_____________________________________________________

sorry, huhu i was busy.

:>