Start

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Who doesn’t love Saturdays?

Well apparently, almost everybody does love the day. Almost.

Lay and Eunji were on the lounge room, doing their own things. Lay was scribbling something on his stacks of papers, his brows furrowed. Pencils and pens were scattered all around him.

Eunji was playing with her tab, concentrating on some game.

“Can you lower the volume? I’m trying to do my homework here.” Lay whined, placing his pen down and sending a disdained frown to her direction. She paused her game and chuckled. “So that’s… homework? I thought you were just doodling.”

“Just lower it down, for goodness sake!” Lay rolled his eyes and focused back on his papers. Eunji shrugged and turned back on her game, lowering the volume as Lay wished. She wasn’t in the mood for pissing anybody for she was already pissed herself.

The doors open and the maids walked in with Kai and Myungsoo behind them.

“Young Miss, your friends are here.” They bowed and left.

Lay looked at the two and groaned. “You guys are here again?”

“We always are.” Kai whistled and plopped beside Eunji. “So where were you yesterday?” He whispered at her ear, poking the side of her waist.

“Shut up, Jongin.” She whispered harshly, annoyed.

“Let’s grab some lunch?” Myungsoo asked, sitting across Kai and Eunji. Eunji paused her game yet again and pouted. “I can’t.”

“Why?” Kai whined.

Myungsoo raised his brows at her. "Yeah, why are you ditching us?"

 

 

Baobei, are you ready?”

Lay abruptly stood up and grabbed his papers. He pushed his chair hastily and heaved a deep sigh. “Great, now another nuisance.” He lazily trudged towards the door and rolled his eyes at the new man. “Go get dressed, Zi Tao. You’re wearing too much animal skin.” He muttered and went out the room.

“Tao?!” Kai’s eyes widened. “You’re here, you panda!” He clapped and spread his arms on the air. Tao grinned and plopped on Eunji’s other side. “You seem to be happy to see me, hyung!”

“Of course you little panda. Why are you here, anyway?” Kai’s excitement diminished just in a matter of seconds. He spread his legs and waited for a response.

Tao smiled slyly, then his eyes met Myungsoo. “Oh, my apologies. I’m Huang Zi Tao.” He grinned boyishly and did a little wave with his arm.

“He’s a friend, from Beijing.” Kai shrugged and spoke. Myungsoo nodded and managed a small smile. “I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

“And he’s our friend, from Seoul.” He faced Tao.

Tao didn’t stop grinning. “Hey Myungsoo hyung!!!”

“H..hyung?” Myungsoo muttered to himself.

“So why are you here??” Kai pressed.

“I’m needed for something here.” Tao winked at Eunji who ignored him completely. She stood up and grabbed her cardigan from the table. “Let’s get going, panda.”

“Oh right.” Tao jumped up his seat and slipped on his leather jacket.

“Baobei and I have somewhere to go to today.” Tao grinned at Kai and Myungsoo. “Visiting some friend.” He added and hastily put on his shoes. “I hope you guys don’t mind. I’ll see you lateeeeeer!” He hollered and ran out the room.

“I’ll see you later, derps.” Eunji nodded at her two friends and followed the panda out.

 

Myungsoo blinked as soon as the two left. She couldn’t eat lunch with us because she’s going out with that guy? He thought.

And there it goes again, that possessive feeling.

“He’s Chinese. He’s Eunji’s bestfriend in China. In case you’re curious, he’s of the same age but he likes to feel like he’s younger than everybody else. I met him when I lived with Eunji in Beijing for summer breaks.”

Myungsoo was still clenching his jaw; his brows arched together.

“Yo dude.” Kai threw him a pillow. He caught it swiftly.

“Jongin, what’s Baobei?”

Kai smirked. “It’s baby in Chinese.”

Myungsoo looked away, pressing his lips together.

 

 

“Is it that bad?”

Tao cocked his head to the side and his chin. “It is.”

“What do you think should I do then?” Eunji urged, taking in another spoon of cake. She chewed mindlessly and sighed. Tao pursed his lips together. “I think you should’ve told your cousins.”

“But—“

“I know, I know. You can’t because they probably won’t believe you now blah blah. I still think they would, but it’s too late so let’s just get things working.” Tao smiled at her and ruffled her hair. “Okay?”

“Hmmm. Let’s kick some .”

“But, you have to but me that latest edition Gucci manbag after this…”

Eunji rolled her eyes. “Does it look like I have a choice?”

“Nope.” Tao grinned, popping the p.

 

Minah walked out of Kris office and smiled to herself. She just had lunch with hm, and slowly she can already feel it. She can already feel him change around her.

It’s a good thing, of course.

“I’m close to winning.” She smirked inwardly.

Little did she know she wasn’t the only one who knew what was really going on.

 

 

 

________________________________________

hehehe hello.

:>