Mistaken

Can We both Win?

EUNJI’S POV

 

“Why am even here?” Yi Xing Ge grunted with irritation as he scratched his arm with much force. His forehead was creased, his lips pulled in a disdained line.

I looked at my other side. Yi Fan ge was ignoring our other cousin, his face emotionlessly facing the car’s window. I sighed, wedged between the two complete opposites. Like water and fire, really.

No— cat and dog. That’s it.

Yi Xing ge’s nonstop complaining finally irked me.

“Ge it’s for the kids, stop acting like a baby! We’ll be there to help!”

He looked at me incredulously. “I donate 30% of my monthly allowance to charity, mei. And I don’t let the media know of it. And I don’t wear company logo themed t-shirts if I want to help. This is ridiculous. I don’t know why I am even going there.” He seethed.

Kris sighed. “Yi Xing, just stop.”

“You guys just don’t see the point, huh? Look at us, in matching shirts and denim. While cameras record us helping there?”

I blinked. I didn’t know there was going to be media. “It’ll be broadcasted?”

“Of course it will be!” Yi Xing ge rolled his eyes. “So much for being helpful. And humble. Way to go for humility!” He sarcastically snickered.

I turned to Yi Fan Ge. He shook his head, composed. “This conversation ends here.” He said with his flat voice.

Yi Xing Ge heaved a deep sigh.

 

And of all people, Yi Xing Gege turned out to be right. The community center was already filled with media equipment and people.

Cameras were being prepared to roll.

“Gege…”

“I know, I know.” He scoffed as he stood beside me, looking at the massive amount of press and media. Yi Fan Ge heaved a deep sigh before entering the center first.

Yi Xing Ge blew a raspberry and pulled me with him inside, avoiding the questions the reporters were bombarding us with.

We didn’t come here for publicity.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo winced at the sight of cameras, and reporters. He bit his lip and closed his eyes briefly. “Ready, Young master?” His father’s secretary who accompanied him, asked.

He opened his eyes and nodded. He hated the press, but he had no choice. He opened the car door and there they were, asking every bit of information about his attendace at the event.

“I’m here to help, not answer you. Get away.” He muttered and walked straightly towards the center, leaving the press stunned, yet they expected it. The younger Kim was known for that.

 

Eunji chuckle as a little boy with an arm cast kick Kai with all his might. The little boy frowned, his lips trmbling.

Kai looked at Eunji for help, but she just shrugged.

“D-don’t… don’t…” Kai threatened, but before he could finish the little boy wailed loudly, shakng the room up. He muttered under his breath. “ Jiji help me out here.”

Jiji chuckled and stood up, but Minah arrived. She carried the little boy on her arms and lightly shook his tiny figure. “Shhhh Shush….” She cooed.

The boy’s crying slowed down. He started to smile and nuzzle his nose at Minah’s hair. She chuckled and tapped his cheek. “He’s used to being carried, that’s why he got peeved.” She chuckled, still focused on the baby.

FLASH FLASH FLASH

Eunji turned away at the blinding light. Minah turned to the camera and smiled soflty as the boy played with her hair. Kai pouted at the corner covering his eyes.

“Kids hate me.” He whined silently. Eunji rolled her eyes and pulled him to another part of the room. “And I hate being broadcasted.”

“I hate kids.”

Both of them turned around to see Myungsoo frowning, a little girl cradled carefully in his lean arms. The little grl was playing with his chin.

“She’s Jaehee. She has leukemia.” Myungsoo muttered lowly. “And now I can’t hate kids.”

Eunji smiled softly as she watched Myungsoo force himself to smile at the little girl, awkwardly switching his weight alrenately on his knees, uncertain of what to do.

Kai slowly approachd Myungsoo and reached for Jaehee. She smiled sweetly like an angel and kissed the Casanova on the cheek.

“Spend more time with these people, Jongin.” Myungsooo chuckled, teasing Jongin. “Not those people who just want you for you know.”

Kai was focused on Jaehee he couldn’t hear anything.

Myungsoo and Eunji looked at each other. Really, Kai should just spend time with more important things. Eunji was about to say something when Myungsoo turned away.

He looked at Kai once again and sighed. His stupid player friend is finally changing, he thinks. And his relationship with Eunji will be part of that change.

Funny, for the first time in his whole bratty life, he wants someone to be happy even if it meant hurting himself.

“You finally get what you want.” Myungsoo whispered before walking away.

Eunji cocked her head at the leaving Myungsoo. “… what??”

 

 

_________________________________________________