Partners

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

Lay nonchalantly threw a bag of chips in the air. Kai jumped up and pretended that he was some kind of famous goalkeeper, feeling the moment in slow motion. Soon, he fell on the floor holding the chips on his head.

“And once again, the mighty Kim Jongin saves his team! He’s such a pro!” He boomed in his announcer-like voice, making Lay’s nose crinkle with disgust and annoyance. His cousin had such weird friends, he thought.

Tao who just entered the lounge room, looked at Kai on the floor and snickered. He passed by and kicked his foot. “Get up, before the maids think that they actually have to sweep you out.”

Kai got up and rolled his eyes, unfazed. “Har-har.”

“I don’t get it. Why does everyone in this house think that I don’t have a fever?” The door burst open with Eunji holding a bowl of popcorn on her chest. She plopped on the couch and began munching.

Lay sat beside her and snatched the bowl from her. “Because you don’t.” He shrugged and ignored her scowl. “It’s on the inside, like an internal fever, you know. The ones~” She babbled on, not caring if someone was actually listening.

“Right, Baobei?” She finished.

Tao blinked and nodded. “Yup.”

She grinned. “See? He understands me! She ran to his side and hugged his arm. “You are the only one who understands me, Panda. I love you so much.”

“Gay.” He pried her off and pushed her away. “Don’t fall in love with me. You know I’m in a serious relationship with food.”

She sighed and got back on her seat. “I have a fever.” She muttered, as she looked around the room. Myungsoo was nowhere to be seen. And for that, she exhaled in relief.

 

“You know what, this is getting really boring.”

No one answered, for the boys were engrossed in their video game. Eunji whined like a child and kicked Kai’s leg. “Kim Jongin! Let’s get some ice cream?”

“Can you shut up, please?” He scoffed, his eyes not leaving the screen. Lay was the same, and Tao… well he fell asleep after eating three bags of chips and drinking two cans of soda. You know what they say, a pig’s life consists of only sleeping and eating.

She bit her lip and stood up. “I’ll go by myself. Whatever.”

 

 

“Pistachio, please.”

She gave the bill and smiled as she got her order. Like a little child, she sat alone at one of the couches of the shop and gave all her attention to the cup of heaven on her hands.

She was so engrossed to even notice her surroundings.

“Hey Chinese kid.”

She looked up to see a familiar face, although she doesn’t really know it is. So, she shrugged and went back to her cup. She heard the guy chuckle and her eyes widened as he sat beside her.

span

“Ya, Chinese kid.”

“I don’t know you.” She muttered, not even sparing him a glance. He relaxed on his seat and stretched his arms, one arm resting at her back. She tensed and her jaw clenched.

“Get off me.”

“You see, I’m your sunbae. I may look familiar, for we are classmates in Accounting.”

She stood up and looked down on him, arms crossed. “What should I do about that?”

“You’ve been gaining attention for some time now in school. Feel honored, I’m talking to you. I’m the one everybody’s talking about. Choi Seungwoo, at your service.” He smiled boyishly and ruffled his hair, oozing off all the arrogance in the world.

Eunji actually suppressed her laughter and amusement. Just when I thought Myungsoo is the most arrogant jerk in the world, she inwardly chuckled. Her eyes looked around the shop and not a few tables away this Choi Seungwoo’s friends were seated, watching intently.

“You don’t want to be embarrassed in front of your friends.” She faced him again. He raised a brow. “I’m not going to get embarrassed by you, missy. I just want to have a good time. You’re alone after all.”

He stood up and towered over her height. His head tilted to the side as he scrutinized her face. “You are pretty.”

She just stared right back at him, unfazed.

He smirked and held her waist. She was about to struggle free, but his hold was too tight. “Mind playing with me for a while? I don’t bite.” He slurred on her ear, making the hair on her nape stand.

She looked at him again with cold eyes. “Well, I do.”

With that she bit his arm, hard. He screamed and fell on the couch, writhing in pain. She rolled her eyes in disgust and exhaled. “Next time, hit on the weak ones.”

She turned to walk away but Choi Seungwoo’s friends were already gathered in front of her. She scoffed, looking at each one of them. “Really now? Can’t you get more childish?”

She pushed past them but one held her elbow. “You can’t just go away. You’re our toy for today.”

Her fist balled with what she heard. “Toy?” She hissed.

The boys chuckled and pulled her close. She was about to again, struggle free, but she was lightly pushed away. Her brows furrowed in confusion, because the boys seem to back a few steps and mutter lowly to themselves.

She turned her head and there he was.

 

“Babe, are they hurting you?”

Myungsoo walked forwards and placed an arm around her. Her eyes widened, and he squeezed her shoulder in response. Just go with it, he whispered.

“I-I… No. They didn’t. I think I hurt one of them pretty badly, though.”

Myungsoo smirked and saw Choi Seungwoo at the back, cursing as he rubbed his arm. He nodded appreciatively. “Good work.”

She actually smiled.

Myungsoo’s face changed as he glared at the boys. “Next time you touch her in any way, I’ll send you off to your funerals. But looking at it, you guys are pretty weak to hit on girls.” His eyes moved to Choi Seungwoo. “Sunbae, fancy meeting you here.”

Choi Seungwoo straightened and crossed his arms. “So you and the Chinses kid, huh? I thought I can actually play with the for a while.”

Myungsoo stepped forward as his fists clenched. “Mwo?”

“Don’t fool yourself Kim Myungsoo. She’s been playing with you and Kim Jongin for a while now. You actually think she’s a clean girl?” Choi Sengwoo stepped forward, until he was just a step away from Myungsoo. People inside the shop were already gathering around.

“And you actually think you have the right to say that?”

 Choi Seungwoo looked baffled for a second. “Wha-“

Myungsoo’s fist connected with his nose, and that mere act sent him to the floor. Gasps surrounded the room in an instant. Myungsoo flexed his fist and looked at Seungwoo on the floor, cupping his bloodbath nose.

“Next time, get you facts straight. They’re crooked just like your nose, Sunbae.”

<a

He turned away, holding Eunji’s arm as they went out.

 

 

“Let’s get another cup of ice cream. That stressed me out.” Myungsoo exhaled and stretched his arms. It was obvious that he was trying to lighten up the mood.

Eunji didn’t move though. She was looking at her feet, just breathing silently.

Myungsoo’s jaw clenched at the thought of Choi Seungwoo. But well, the thought of his bleeding nose somehow covered it up. He bopped her head with his finger. “Y-ya. You know that the things that said wasn’t—“

She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face on his chest. Myungsoo’s world stopped for a moment, before he regained himself when she spoke.

“That was daebak.”

He stammered as he chuckled. “Y-yeah.”

She didn’t let go, so Myungsoo savored the moment and wrapped his arms around her too. She didn’t know why, but she felt her cheeks heat up, but her lips tugged into a smile. Before she could speak, Myungsoo crossed the line and buried his head on her hair.

“Ya Kim Myungsoo.”

“Just for a minute.”

“W-wae?” She stuttered.

“Shut up and be still.”

After a few seconds she pushed him away. He smiled as if nothing happened.

<a

 

“I… I still haven’t forgiven you.” She stated. She didn’t let him ask for she spoke again. “For calling me your babe in front of those guys. Now the school will create rumors.”

“I know you like it, Jiji~” He chimed and lightly poked her cheek. She frowned and walked straight ahead. He bit his lip to stop himself from smiling too much like a retard. But darn, he was so happy, like maybe overjoyed.

“Who knows, it won’t be a rumor soon.”

She stopped walking and faced him. “W-what?”

“I said, the boys are waiting at your house. Let’s go, fatso.”

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

teehee

gifs from tumblr

:)

Again, thank you for your support!