Explained

Can We both Win?

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Ya, what did you order?” Kai plopped beside Myungsoo at the private room inside the club. Myungsoo looked up and nodded at his friend.

“Some whiskey…” He hiccupped.

Kai chuckled. I know a stronger drink dude, wait I’ll order it—“

“Jongin.” Eunji hissed, silencing Kai. He sank on his seat, defeated. “I was… joking.” He chuckled, nervous with Eunji’s glare.

Eunji rolled her eyes and turned to Myungsoo.

“Ya, what happened?”

Myungsoo looked up and wiped his lip. “I want to drink.”

“Why?” She urged, annoyed.

Myungsoo stuck his tongue out. “Why not?”

Kai sat on the corner, dejected. The two were bickering again, and he felt… lost. As always, so he just stood up and ordered himself a drink.

“Ya… Myungsoo-ah…” Eunji sighed. She didn’t know what to do actually. Myungsoo gulped down another shot glass and smiled at her. “Tell me, Jiji, are you... concerned?”

She looked away. “I know you somehow, and you told me you didn’t like these places.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” Myungsoo frowned and sat beside her. He leaned his head on her shoulder and exhaled deeply.

Eunji looked down at him and sighed. He was hopeless.

Kai barged in with a drink in his hand. “So, what happened dude?”

“Nothing happened.” Myungsoo mumbled, eyes closed.

Kai shrugged and downed his drink in seconds. There was no other choice, he had to bring Myungsoo home.

 Bring the drunken jerk home, according to Jiji’s words.

“Come on, let’s get you home. Ji, help me out here.” Kai fumbled as he lifted Myungsoo by one arm. Eunji rolled her eyes and followed.

Then they staggered out the place with Myungsoo between them.

 

 

“Your bed smells like detergent, Jongin…” Myungsoo slurred, burying his face on the sheets. Kai sighed and plopped beside his friend. 

The door opened to Kai’s room and Eunji barged in with a frown.

“Why is my butler downstairs with my bag of clothes?” She spoke, her eyes piercing Kai’s. He chuckled sheepishly and touched his neck.

“… Sleppover?”

“Kim Jongin.” Eunji seethed. Myungsoo was still rolling around the bed, obvlivous to the world. He was completely out of it.

Kai sighed, defeated. He stood up and held her shoulders. “Jiji, I called the hyungs already. You’re sleeping here tonight. It’s late anyway, better stay here.”

“But—“

“Isn’t this great?” Myungsoo squeaked sarcastically. Eunji glared at him exhaled deeply. She had no choice. Poor heiress didn’t have a choice.

Or maybe she did, but she was lazy.

“So… let’s just talk.” Eunji yawned as she squeezed herself between Myungsoo and Kai on the bed. Curled under the covers, his head peeking out. Myungsoo lay like a zombie, staring at the ceiling.

Kai broke the silence. “Who is she, Myung?”

Eunji bit her lip and leaned her head on her knees. She mumbled incoherently. “Yeah, who is she?”

There was no response, so Kai and Eunji didn’t push it either. They glanced at each other and shrugged. Better leave Myungsoo if he doesn’t want to. Or else he explodes, that’s gonna be… awful.

“We grew up together.” Myungsoo blurted out after a few minutes.

Kai straightened up and listened, as well as Eunji who was staring at nothing in particular.

A sigh escaped Myungsoo’s lips. “Bestfriend, typical childhood crush. We went to school together, she was a hoobae so I… took care of her.”

“You can take care of someone?” Eunji snapped mockingly.

Kai glared at her. “Stop, Jiji.”

She smiled sheepishly and shut .

It was as if Myungsoo heard nothing though. “Until I fell for her and we dated.”

The two nodded in understanding.

“I was pretty guarded in high school because of my family status. To be honest… I was quite known.”

“Chaebol son issues?” Kai smirked knowingly.

Myungsoo sighed again, closing his eyes. “Minah was a talented young girl, but our school didn’t really pay attention to that. Her family business was still… growing that time so her name was not that known.”

“She often cried, because she couldn’t get in shows, presentations and stuff. She wanted to use her talent and show it to others. She can really sing and dance, but the popular ones were always favored.” Myungsoo sat up and leaned on the bed headrest.

“But when we started dating, everything changed. She got in every audition, and was casted in several shows. She was more than happy, and I was happy for her.”

Eunji stared at Myungsoo eyes for a second. He really did mean what he said. It was a little surprising, but she shrugged it off. “So what happened?” She urged.

He looked at her for a second and looked away.

“I heard her talk to her friends. She…well, she told them the truth.”

“The truth?” Kai echoed.

Myungsoo smirked bitterly. “She only dated me to get the fame she achieved. And she was secretly dating her co-singer in music class.”

Eunji’s fists clench unconsciously. Kai’s brows furrowed.

“And she saw me. She knew I heard it all.”

Kai sighed. “Good, then she apologi—“

“She didn’t. She just gave me a small smile and left. She left the country too, because she was scouted for some Europian play.”

Kai’s lips parted in surprise. Myungsoo just clucked his tongue, the memories rushing to his head.

Howeved, Eunji banged her fist on the mattress. “That !”

The two looked at her, eyes rounded.

“She’s a… horrible witch then.” She muttered breathlessly.

Myungsoo exhaled. His mind was filled with negativity towards Minah. She used him, and until today she still could feel the pain. It slapped him just like that when he least expected it. When he thought he finally forgot about it.

“…. And Yeye’s even planning to let Yi Fan Gege marry her!”

Myungsoo’s head snapped up, catching some of Eunji’s words.

“Marry who?”

Eunji shook her head in disdain. “Minah. With Kris Ge.”

Kai clucked his tongue. “That’s… bad.”

Myungsoo nodded. “I don’t trust her, Jiji.”

Eunji could only sigh in concern.

 

 

“Let’s get some shut-eye.” Kai yawned.

Eunji curled under the covers and pushed the two boys to the edge of the bed. They both fell on the floor with soft thuds. Myungsoo winced, Kai groaned.

“What? The girl gets the bed.” Eunji shrugged and closed her eyes.

Myungsoo and Kai looked at each other with those eyes. Soon enough, Eunji was struggling as Kai carried her towards the mattress on the floor.

Myungsoo plopped in the bed and soon Kai followed. The two boys sprawled there with all comfort, ignoring Eunji’s complains.

“Guys!” Enji frowned. No way was she sleeping on the floor. Even if a mattress was there. She needed a bed. A bed and only a bed.

Kai sat up and frowned with ther noise. He stood up and pushed her to the bed. “There, take my place and shut up.”

Eunji smiled and slept beside Myungsoo. But soon enough, the jerk kicked her aside, letting her fall on the floor. She squealed, but there was no one who cared.

Light snoring was what greeted her.

And that was how Myungsoo owned the bed to himself, Kai slept on the floor, and how she ended up on the couch.

 

________________________________________________