What is real

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Loud cheers.

Colorful buntings.

Posters and Parades.

Loud booming music.

 

It was the university’s annual parade. Everybody was hyped about it, of course it meant no classes and never-ending activities. It also meant meeting sunbaes and hoobaes and develop relationships. Maybe even more.

“It hurts my ears!” Eunji stomped her foot as she clung on to Kai’s arm. People were just pushing and brushing past shoulders as the students walked the streets for the parade.

Kai chuckled and looked down at her. “Don’t be such a baby!”

“I’m not being a baby! If the jerk was here he would probably agree with me! This music is torture!! And it's too crowded, I can't breathe!” She whined, helplessly ttrying to cover her ears.

Kai’s brows furrowed. “Where is he, anyway?”

But Eunji didn’t hear him. She was busy complaining.

 

Myungsoo smirked as he fixed his leather jacket around him. He ruffled his hair lightly and looked at his reflection. Arrogant bastard.

He knew it was the school’s parade. Heck, everybody knew. It was just Eunji the new student who didn’t even know what the parade was for.

He shrugged, thinking of where the parade probably is at the moment. He made mental notes and ran out for his Ducati.

 

Eunji gasped for air as she got out of the crowd. Kai had let go of her hand for a second, and he was gone. The crowd was crazy, and maybe Kai was too.

Oh, we all know he is crazy.

She wiped her forehead and randomly entered a café. She sighed in relief at the cold air and made her way to the counter to order some frappucino.

“I somehow knew you’d escape.”

She looked up and found Lay rolling her eyes. She scooted over and he sat beside her. He snatched her cup and began drinking from her straw.

“Maybe it’s in our blood to hate those crowded places.”Eunji shrugged, looking at the long crowd parading outside. Lay nodded, he was famished.

 

“I knew you’d be somewhere away from the parade.”

Eunji grinned upon seeing Myungsoo sit across them.

Lay nodded at him.“Hey Myungie.” Myungsoo just chuckled knowingly.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and tapped his fingers against the table. Soon enough, Lay stood up after finishing Eunji’s drink. He dusted lint of his shirt and ruffled her hair.

“Gotta run. Bye.” With that he went away.

Eunji blew a raspberry. “Are we required to come back to school?”

Myungsoo nodded nonchalantly. “They’re checking out attendance. I don’t know when though. Let’s go take a walk, where do you wanna go?”

“Let’s go to our company for a while, Yeye’s been wanting me.” She snorted and stood up with him. Myungsoo slung an arm around her. “Okay then, Heiress.”

“Maybe you’d want to apply to be my butler, jerk.”

He snorted as they walked out. “Even if I’d be broke as , I won’t.”

 

The Audi R8 careened just outside the Yi Company. Eunji huffed and looked at Myungsoo who was driving. She was fuming, he wouldn’t even let her drive.

“What now?”

Myungsoo grinned from ear to ear. “Go on ahead, I’ll park.”

“I’ll wait for you at the lobby then.” She mumbled and slipped out.

 

“Oh, Young Miss!”

Eunji turned around only to see Kris’ secretary smiling at her. She grinned back and noticed her unease. “What happened?”

The secretary fumbled with the papers on her hands. “Well, the director got angry a while ago…”

Eunji sighed. He knew it so well. When Kris gets mad, it’s mentos meeting coke. Okay, maybe more than that. “How many?”

“About… 20. They already left.” She looked down.

Twenty employees losing their job just because of Kris’ temper. Great, he deserves the title dragon.

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him.” Eunji gave her shoulder a squeeze. She brightened and nodded at her politely. “Thank you so much, Young Miss. I know he’ll listen to you.”

“Well, let’s hope for the be—“

Her bag fell on the floor upon the impact, splattering some of its contents. She bent down to pick it up when she felt two people helping her.

Of course, one was the secretary. The other one was the one who accidentally bumped into her.

“I’m so sorry, Eunji-sshi! I was in a hurry!” Minah fumbled as she picked up Eunji’s belongings. She looked up to see her genuinely sorry.

Minah’s brows were furrowed in concern as she helped her.

“It’s really fine.” She muttered, her eyes locked on Minah as they retrieved her things and placed it on her bag.

“Jiji why are—“ Myungsoo stopped and looked at the scene. His brows rose as he watched. His eyes trained to Minah, then to her worried expression.

The sure changed, he thought.

Eunji and Minah stood up.

“What?” Eunji mumbled, raising a brow at Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked back at her with the same confusion. “What?” He echoed.

She moved beside him and smiled wanly at Minah.

“You kinda said that out loud.” She whispered.

Myungsoo bit his lip. “Oh.”

Eunji again was trying to lift the atmosphere. “Thank you for helping me, Minah-sshi.”

Minah smiled a bit. Hurt was painted on her face, but she tried to hide it with her smile and countenance. “I’m so sorry, Eunji-sshi, I was hurrying to get to the—”

“I told you, it’s really really fine, don’t worry. So…” She looked around, trying to find an escape to the situation. Minah met Myungsoo’s eyes and she smiled.

He looked back at her with a blank expression.

Honestly, he didn’t know if he should smile back. So he maintained his expression.

“I need to go. Goodbye Eunji-sshi, Myungsoo Oppa.” Minah smiled lastly and left hurriedly.

 

 

___________________________________________________________