Rude Reality

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo lazily slumped on his seat, downing a glass of champagne in seconds. He sighed and briefly closed his eyes.

Damn, he was bored. Bored to death, to emphasize it even more.

He wanted to just take a break and be himself. He wanted to approach the brat. He could be who he is around her. He could be who he wants to be with her.

He searched the room, again, like a hawk.

Within seconds, he spotted her. Kai was talking to her animatedly, and she was smiling as he spoke. Again, another sigh escaped Myungsoo’s lips.

But her eyes met his, just when he was about to look away.

“Myung!” She waved her over. Myungsoo blinked back at her and eventually stood up. He swaggered to their place, his chest pounding slightly. She looked magical as she waited for him to come over to their place.

But just when he was about to near them, the two stood up and walked towards the dance floor.

“Jiji, let’s dance!” he heard Kai beam and drag Eunji who was trying to balance herself in her sky-high stilletos. He could hear her complain a bit like a child.

Kai held her waist gently and swayed her from side to side, with the calm music. His brows furrowed, why did he even try to approach them? They were a couple.

At least that's how he puts it.

He walked back to his seat and tried his best not to steal a glance.

 

The night was successful. People here and there danced and talked, meeting potential partners. It was then when the lights dimmed and a small spotlight focused on the platform.

“Good evening everybody.” Minah smiled as she steadied herself in front of the microphone. People turned to her direction in an instant.

Then she began speaking about the new merger project she was handling, and how she wished everybody to anticipate and avail of their services.

 

Eunji sighed on her seat. For the duration of the whole night, Kai never left her side. It was touching, maybe.

“Jiji let’s get some of those fruit shaped cookies~”

“Let’s dance to that song, it’s one of my favorites!”

“Let’s check out the garden, I think it’s nice.”

Finally, Kai had to go to the bathroom. She was left alone in her seat, nibbling on a cookie. Her mind was a tangled mess of thoughts that should at least be arranged for her to think straight. She needed one person.

She stood up and started to find him.

 

 

Myungsoo was leaning on the wall, his eyes looking at the crowd with not much interest. He shook the little remains of his wine and downed it in seconds.

Hell, he could go home now. It was self-torture, and his bed would be heaven.

“Myung, thank god!” Eunji beamed and clung on to his arm. His eyes widened as she looked at her incredulously. “You.. What are you doing here?”

She steadied her breathing and leaned on the wall like him. “I just need to talk to you. Gosh I’ve been looking for you the whole night jerk!”

He looked at her from head to toe and raised a brow. “You seem to be having fun. Don’t fool me, Jiji.”

She pursed her lips and glowered at him. “My mind is practically a mess right now. Will you be a good friend at least once?”

He rolled his eyes and pried her arms off his elbow. “Arraso, let’s get some fresh air.”

“Wait.” Eunji held his arm faced him. She fixed his crooked brow, her fingers lightly brushing his neck. He tensed with the soft touch.

She smiled at her work and tapped her shoulder. “Done! Let’s go.”

 

“Myung myung myung myung” Eunji endlessly tugged on his coat as they stepped out the garden. Myungsoo sighed and pried her hands off, again.

“What is wrong wih you woman?”

She slumped on to the bench, sprawling her legs. He let out a frustrated sigh and tapped her legs to make her sit properly. She just wasn’t acting like a girl on a dress.

She simply didn’t care.

He sat beside her and stared at the night sky. “Now what?”

“Help me. Jongin’s weird.”

Myungsoo just had to release a bitter chuckle. “What the hell Jiji that’s what I’ve been implying the whole week. He’s changing. He likes you. Bam!”

“What— No way! It’s not like that!” Eunji jolted up from her seat.

Myungsoo clenched his jaw and stood up.

“It's because you're dense! You’re too bli—“

 

“Oppa! I’ve been lookin for you!”

They both turned around to see Minah grinning. She strutted to Myungsoo’s side and clung on to his arm. Eunji’s face hardened. She didn’t care if she’d be a brat or not, she was pissed. Just her presence pissed her. She felt this rush of emotions swimming on her veins, urging her to feel possessive.

Is that even right? She thought.

Minah smiled and tugged on to Myungsoo’s arm. “I really want to talk to Myungsoo Oppa. I have been looking for him the whoooole night. Do you mind if I take him?” She batted her lashes innocently, trying to whisk Myungsoo towards the glass doors.

Eunji’s fist balled. She stood up, her lips pressed into a thin line. She looked at Minah, no she glared at her, and exhaled.

“We were having a conversation. Can’t you see that? Or are you just plain stupid?”

Minah looked down. “I… I… I’ll wait for you inside then, Oppa.” She muttered and walked away. Myungsoo watched her go. He turned to Eunji and raised a brow.

“Yi Jia Li, what was that?”

“She was being rude. I was being rude. It’s fair play.” She seethed.

“Still, Jiji. You could’ve just—“

He didn’t even finish his statement when Kai walked in, beaming. “Jiji my baby! You left me hanging, I just went to the bathroom and you just left!”

Myungsoo closed his eyes briefly. Eunji didn’t dare take her eyes away from him. Her lips parted, and she hissed. “I’m trying to talk to Myungsoo, Jongin. Not now.”

Myungsoo clenched his jaw while Eunji just glared at him intensely.

“Minah’s waiting for me inside.”

He stiffly turned his back and walked away, not even sparing her a glance. It took her some moments before she realized what happened.

Pain and frustration dominated her whole being.

Little did she know, he was feeling the same.

 

 

Kris bowed politely at the group of businessmen and excused himself. He walked around the hall, looking for Eunji and Lay.

He found Lay stuck with the Fang heiress, trying his best to maintain his smile. Now only Eunji was missing. He took a turn around the corner when his eyes landed on Minah.

She was giggling happily as she welcomed Myungsoo who was walking towards her with a glum expression. She jumped on to her feet and beamed at him.

Kris’ brows rose briefly, before he walked away.

 

 

_________________________________