Different

Can We both Win?

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo stripped off his shirt and jumped to the bed half-. He sighed and buried his head on the mattress, as if the action would do anything good.

Few seconds after he jolted up, gasping for air. He raked his hair in frustration as an exasperated sigh escaped his lips.

“Why am I being like this?”

He bit his lip and sat up. Emotions were rushing all to him all at once, but he was still confused. He didn’t know what was happening.

His heart for some reason he suddenly feels weird, and he knows when it happens. When he was with this stupid brat. Stupid brat, he thought.

Stupid him, he knew.

Or maybe he didn’t.

 

NEXT DAY

 

“We’re having lunch together, since you didn’t attend the opening party yesterday.” Lay pointed a fork at Eunji. She stuffed with a slice of pancake and glumly nodded.

Kris walked in the kitchen and sat beside her. “You alright?”

“Mmmmdbuigcjs.” She mumbled.

Lay rolled his eyes and focused on his food. Kris started eating as well.

“Yi Xing’s right. We’re having lunch. The three of us, Kai, Myungsoo and Minah.”

Again, Eunji nodded. She didn’t really feel like talking.

Lay downed his orange juice and grinned at her. “Since your baby was confiscated, you’ll have to ride with me today.” He winked.

And that was when Lay brought her mood down.

 

“But you’re a geek, cupcake. What happened to your grades?” Kai poked her cheeks as they were sitting on a bench, waiting for Myungsoo.

Eunji scowled at him. “I’m not a geek.”

“But you’re a smart-.” He shrugged.

“I was maybe… slacking off, Jongin. I’m tired of studying.” She lied. Of course she couldn’t tell him she was emotionally unstable and fighting herself like a dumb weakling.

Kai nodded and pulled her closer to him. “You can bounce back.”

“I will. I need my car.” She snorted.

Myungsoo walked towards the two. His brows slightly furrowed at the sight. Kai was holding Eunji by the waist and she was leaning her small frame towards him.

He feels like he’s ing if he suddenly pops out, so he turned around. But he stopped again.

Isn’t Eunji trying to stop her feelings? Or… Or maybe Kai does have feelings for her? He thought. But it was impossible, he knew Kai too well.

He tilted his head in confusion.

“Ya! Dude!”

Myungsoo woke up from his own litte world. Kai jumped up his seat and walked towards him. He slapped Myungsoo’s arm, gaining him a death glare.

“You were spacing out.” Kai reasoned out.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Don’t I always do?”

“Right.” Kai mumbled.

Eunji gathered her stuff on the bench and walked between the two. “Let’s go, kiddos.”

 

“Where’s Minah?” Kai asked. Lay didn’t even look up from his menu. Eunji and Myungsoo shrugged.

“On her way.” Kris said flatly.

Eunji turned her attention to Myungsoo. She whispered, “Are you… fine with Minah being here?”

He looked at her for a second and nodded. “Yup. I’m good.”

“Really?” Kai who heard the conversation, joined in.

Myungsoo looked at the two innocently ad nodded. “Guys, really.”

“Oh, Minah.” Kris stood up and pulled out a chair for her beside him. Minah sat down and smiled at everyone at the table.

She exhaled. “Sorry I’m late, I was hosting this charity event and… we didn’t expect the kids to be so… happy. So we extended.”

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. “Charity event?”

Minah met his eyes and she smiled. “Well… I volunteered to share my stocks in the Daisy organization for special children…”

“That’s great.” Kai beaed at her. She smiled back.

Myungsoo looked away. Thoughts were on his mind, like how the Minah today was so different from the Minah before.

Then Eunji’s words started ringing on his head.

New beginnings.

He shouldn’t shun himself. Maybe people can change.

“Jerk?”

Myungsoo shook his head and came face to face with Eunji. “What?”

“Your drink. You didn’t order one.”

Before Myungsoo could talk, Minah blurted out. “He likes soju.”

Everybody at the table looked at Minah, then at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “Yeah, I like soju.”

“Oh. O-okay.” Eunji mumbled, looking away.

 

______________________________________