Worth

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Kris walked out his room in his pajamas and a velvet robe to get some water.

“Ge?”

He stopped and found Eunji sitting on the counter of the kitchen, drinking milk straight from the carton. He clucked his tongue and got water from the fridge. “Why are you still up?”

She shrugged, setting the carton aside. “I’m just thinking.”

“Of what?” Kris placed his bottle of water down and sat beside her on the counter. She smiled softly under the dark and leaned her head on his shoulder.

She stared at nothing in particular. “You know, how I disappointed Yeye. He… I… I don’t want to ever displease him, Ge. You know that, because we all do. He’s our strength, and I’m acting like such .”

Kris sighed and shook his head. “All of us go through things, mei. Not everytime we can pretend to be strong, our wall eventually breaks down. You just need to stand up and conquer your weaknesses.”

“My head-over-heels stupidity over Jongin?” She chuckled bitterly.

Kris exhaled. “You really think you’re still into him?”

“M-maybe… I don’t know. Let’s just sleep, Ge. Wan An.” She hopped down and pecked his cheek, before she silently left.

Kris stared at her figure slowly vanishing. “Just take a close look at yourself, Jia Li.”

 

“Good Morning Eunji!”

Eunji blinked at Minah grinning at her widely. She was wearing an apron, cooking at their family kitchen assisted by some of their maids.

Her brows furrowed. “Y…You’re… here.”

“I’m cooking breakfast for everybody. Kris Oppa wants to taste my omelet.” She smiled shyly and lightly ushered her to the dining table. “It’s almost done.” She winked and left.

 

“I know, weird, right?”

Eunji turned around to see Lay also standing there, looking at their differently decorated dining table. “Her omelet?”

“As long as it’s food.” He shrugged and sat at his place. Eunji blinked and sat across him, still a little stunned at their decorated table. Soon enough Kris walked out and sat at his place.

Lay chuckled and flicked a table napkin at him. “So tell me about her omelet, Ge.”

Eunji suppressed her laughter. Kris sighed and rolled his eyes. “It’s... Well… I was being polite and told her I would be pleased to try it. Stop it you guys, behave.”

“We are behaving.” Eunji pointed out.

Kris smiled wryly. “Good, cause Yeye’s dining with us.”

“He is?!” Both Lay and Eunji gaped.

“This is not the right moment to be screaming, especially when we have a guest. Where’s your manners?” Yeye walked in assisted by some maids.

Eunji sat up and Lay grinned. “H-hey Yeye. Good Morning.”

“Zao An, Yeye.” Eunji mumbled.

“Hmm.”

 

“This is really good, Minah.” Yeye complimented. Minah grinned and wiped her lip with a napkin. “Thanks, Yeye.”

“You’d make a good wife.” He added.

Kris tensed on his seat. Eunji and Lay exchanged glances.

“Oh, I still have a lot to learn.” Minah giggled.

Yeye smiled at her and turned his attention to Eunji. “Why don’t you learn cooking, Jia Li? You never cooked before. You only know how to eat.”

“I… I…” Eunji fibbed.

Lay cleared his throat. “She didn’t have the chance to learn, Yeye.”

“Am I asking you, Yi Xing?”

Lay looked down and avoided his gaze. Eunji exhaled silently. “I will learn, Yeye.”

Kris gave her a meaningful look. “Maybe she can enroll for classes this semestral break.”

“She should learn on her own. She can do that.”

No one dared to talk after that.

 

 

“Good day, cupcake!” Kai barged in Eunji’s room that day. He was holding on to a giant paper bag which contained donuts and frappucinos.

Eunji looked up from the book she was reading and slightly groaned. “Good riddance, Jongin.”

Kai feigned hurt and silently sniffled. He placed the bag on the bedside and plopped beside her. “I just arrived and you’re pushing me away. Are you on your period or something?”

“I’m just being myself.” She muttered and went back to her book. Kai shrugged and took out the drinks and food. He placed the box between them and passed her the cup.

“From the looks of it, you’re trying to contain yourself cause you’re pissed. You can’t hide from me, I always know. You’re like an open book to me.”

Eunji threw the book on the floor and glowered at him. “And you’re a nuisance! But I take that back today because you brought food. Thanks.”

Kai gave her an incredulous look. She ignored it and sipped from her cup wildly.

“Just… I’m just sad.”

“Why?” Kai poked her cheek.

She sighed and placed her cup down. Then she explained everything. How she felt useless, dispoointing her one and only Yeye, and how he looked at her as useless.

Oh, how she felt disheartened by everything.

Soon enough she was leaning her weight on kai's shoulder. He her hair softly just like how he used to when they were young.

“You’re not useless, Jiji. In fact, we’re all lucky we have you.” He mumbled.

Eunji bit the insides of her cheeks. Not only did Kai make her heart flutter, he took away the doubts pushing her down. But still, it hurt her too.

But not as much as it hurt before. Maybe she was really moving on.

Maybe she was.

Or maybe not. It was a mess.

Answers are needed, but they can't be found. Yet.

 

 

_________________________________

what's with the KaiJi, author?! *slaps author*

sorry... sorry... just had to.

 

And oh guys, uhh guys, i have something to tell you. *shivers*

anyway, i'll be going out of the country tomorrow, so i don't know if i can update regularly. I already wrote advanced chapters so i can just update them when i have the time. But i'll be there for a week so i don't know if the chapters will be enough for a week. 

but i'll try to add more chappies today. keke

please stay with me, will you? 

that's all. :) hihi