Chapter 24

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days passed by like the wind, things have gotten better between Kris and his daughter, Kira. They were closer than ever. Today was like no other day; Kris got out of bed and stretched. He rubbed his eyes as he yawned. Kris went into his private bathroom and did his morning routine. He just got out of the bathroom when, “ba ba!” Kevin burst into the room, ran towards him and hugged his leg. Kris laughed and patted his head. “Good morning, koala.” He stated with a loving smile. Kevin giggled and let go of his leg, looking up at Kris. “Ba ba, mei mei isn’t awake yet.” Kevin exclaimed as he grabbed onto Kris’ hand. “Maybe your mei mei is just tired. Let’s wake her up together.” Kris suggested to which Kevin nodded beamingly. Holding hands, they left Kris’ room and strode down the hallway towards Kira’s. Kris gently knocked on the door and listened for a reply but silent greeted him.

Kris furrowed his brows in worry and opened the door. Kira was on her bed breathing heavily and groaning like she was in pain. Kris quickly rushed to her side and kneeled down. “Baby, are you ok?” Kris soothingly her hair away from her face. “Ba ba…pain…pain…” Kira whimpered and Kris’ heart broke. “Kevin, go call Nada and your shu shu to come here…” Kris ordered and Kevin immediately obeyed. “Ba ba…” Kira cried. Kris placed the back of his hand on her forehead and felt the burning of her skin. “It’s ok baby. Ba ba is here. I’ll take you to the hospital right away and the pain will go away.” Kris planted a soft feathery kiss on her forehead and wiped the sweats that were beginning to appear. Tao was the first to burst into Kira’s room, he ran over to her side with anxiousness. “What’s wrong, ge? Why is Kevin saying Kira is in pain?” Tao worriedly asked.

“She’s having a fever. We need to take her to the hospital quick. She’s burning so fast.” Kris stated. Tao lifted up the thick blanket off Kira and Kris carried her in his arms, rushing out the door. He meet the others and Nada on the way who all have the same worried and anxious expression. “I need to take her to the hospital. Nada jie, guys can you look after Kevin for me?” Nada and the boys nodded and Kris thanked them before running to his car. Kris placed Kira onto her baby chair. “Ba ba…cold…I’m cold…” Kira stuttered with tears forming in her eyes. Kris immediately lifted her out of her baby chair and hugged her tightly. “Don’t worry, baby. Ba ba got you…you’ll be warmed up in no time…” Kris mumbled as he walked towards the driver’s seat. He sat down, held tightly onto Kira and closed the car door. He knew this was dangerous but this was the only way to make Kira warm. She needed body heat and to do that, Kris must take this risk.

Driving with one hand, Kris became extra careful on the road. Within half an hour, Kris arrived at the hospital. Parking the car somewhere random, Kris got off the car and ran inside the hospital with Kira safely in his arms. “SOMEONE HELP! MY DAUGHTER HAS A REALLY HIGH FEVER!” Kris shouted. A doctor came towards him with a frown on his face. “This is a hospital not a market. Keep quiet and wait for your turn…” he sternly stated. Kris deadly glared at the doctor who shrunk back under his gaze. “I said my daughter has a really high fever and I want her well and healthy right now!” Kris spatted. The doctor was scared but stood his ground. “You still have to wait for your turn. Other patients need to see the doctor as well as your daughter…” the doctor stated the fact. Kris was fuming and in a flash a gun was right in front the doctor’s face. “Help my daughter and I might consider letting you live…” Kris hissed. The doctor was shaking and waved some nurse over to take Kira.

Kris Kira’s hair as he watched her sleep in peace. *Her fever has gone down and she’s not in pain anymore…I’m glad.* Kris sighed in relief and continued to watch Kira sleep. Kri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter