Chapter 23

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris carried the sleeping Kira to her bed and gently pulled the blanket over her. He smiled at her affectively and pecked her forehead. “Goodnight, princess.” Kris breathed, leaned back and softly walked out of the room. “So finally, you’re opening up to her…” a voice stated from behind. Kris turned around in surprise and heaved when he notice it was only Luhan. “How was your day with her?” Luhan casually asked while he slipped his hands into his jean’s pocket. “The best…” Kris smiled and walked off to his room. Luhan snickered and shook his head. *Finally, you’re back.* he thought and went downstairs to join the others. “So…how did it go?” Nada anxiously asked. “Great!” Luhan smiled cutely. “Did you ask him what happened?” Nada eagerly leaned in. Luhan smirked and leaned in as well. “You want to know what he said?” Luhan whispered. Nada nodded rapidly. Luhan motioned her to come closer and cupped his hands around her ear. “He said…YOU’RE SO NOSY!” Luhan shouted at the last sentence.

Nada flinched back and glared at him. Luhan burst out laughing and ran off. “Wait til I get you, baby-face prince. You’re gonna get the most painful whacking in your life.” Nada shouted and ran after him. “Immature!” Tao rolled his eyes and went back to sipping on his apple juice.

Morning was crazy, Kevin and Kira was screaming and shouting around the mansion. “Ge ge! Wait!” Kira shouted. Kevin stopped and waited for her. Kira stumbled her way towards him and grabbed his extended out hand. “Come on, let’s wake ba ba up!” Kevin suggested and dragged the little lost Kira to Kris’ bedroom door. “But ba ba work.” Kira pointed. “No, ba ba is gonna stay home with us from now on. Do you like that, mei mei?” Kevin tilted his head to the side. Kira smiled brightly and jumped up and down. “Yes! Yes!” she chanted and eagerly reached for the doorknob which was out of her reach. Kevin chuckled and grabbed the knob, opening it himself. “BA BA! BA BA!” they called in unison. Kris stirred in his sleep, pulled the cover over his head and went back to slumber. Kevin jumped on the bed and jumped up and down. “Ba ba, wake up!” he called. Kira who was standing on the ground, patted the blanket. “Ba ba!” she called as she continued to pat the blanket.

Kris sighed and removed the cover. Kevin took the opportunity to jump on him. “Whoa there, Tarzan!” Kris chuckled and ruffled Kevin’s head. Kevin giggled and shoved his hands away. Kris noticed the continuous patting on the blanket and looked down. His gaze immediately softened at the sight of his adorable daughter staring up at him with sparkling eyes. “Good morning, princess.” Kris lifted her up and onto his bed. Kira wiggled her legs and beamed up at him. Kris chuckled and pecked her chubby cheek. *It feels good to be a father…* Kris curled a strand of her soft hair behind her ear and tenderly pinched her cheek. “Come on. Let’s go have breakfast.” Kris got out of bed, lifted Kira into his arms and helped Kevin down the bed. Kevin ran out of the room shouting in happiness and disappeared downstairs. Kira wrapped her arms around Kris neck and snuggled against his neck.

Kris smiled as he walked out of his room and downstairs. He walked into the kitchen and placed Kira on her baby chair. “What are we having?” Kris asked Nada. “Pancakes.” She simply stated.

“Kevin slow down!” Xiu Min panted as he ran after Kevin. “Hehehe, can’t catch me!” Kevin stuck his tongue out at him and ran upstairs. “Don’t worry, ge. I’ll help you!” Chen smiled and dashed after Kevin. Lay shook his head at the two and walked to the living room. “Here, Kira. Comb her hair like this…” Luhan showed the determined looking Kira how to comb her barb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter