Chapter 18

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly, you opened your eyes to the white ceiling and immediately everything rushed back to you. Giving birth was painful but it was more painful when the person you love isn’t there. Sitting up, you looked around the room; Nada was asleep with a sleeping Kevin in her arms. “Nada jie…” you weakly called to her. She lifted up her lids and immediately yet gently got up. She walked towards you and asked if you were ok. You nodded and told her to hand Kevin to you, which she did. Putting Kevin next to you on the bed, you pulled the blanket over his tiny shoulders and turned back to Nada. “Where’s my baby?” you asked, anxious to see your little baby princess. Nada smiled and walked over to the crib a little further from your bed. She tenderly lifted your little princess up and placed her in your arms. You looked at her sleeping face and smiled lovingly. *She’s my little baby princess, Kira…* you placed a feathery kiss on her forehead. *I’m sorry, your baba is busy with work so he…won’t be able to come see you at the moment…* you thought as well as trying to comfort your aching heart.

“She’s beautiful…” Nada complimented. You looked closely at her face features and immediately recognised Kris’ nose. She had your eyes and lips. Suddenly, Kevin stirred awake and sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. “Ma ma?” he called out cutely. You smiled and using your free hand, patting his head. “Oh…mei mei…” he eyed Kira with a brotherly smile. “Do you like your mei mei?” you asked. Kevin nodded rapidly with his eyes still on her. “Mei mei is pretty…” he lightly touched her baby cheek. You chuckled. Nada watched from the side with a warm smile but when Kris came to her mind, her smile faded away. Excusing herself, she went out and pulled out her phone. She tried calling Kris again but still couldn’t reach him. She tried to call the others but their phone was also shut off.

“What are those idiots doing? Why aren’t any of them answering their phone?” she cursed.

ACHOO! Nearly everyone sneezed inside Suho’s research room. “Someone is talking about us…” Chen concluded. “I think I know who it is…” Luhan sighed. *Nada jie…* they thought.

Three days later, you were at home with your new baby. “Good morning, my beautiful little princess…” you smiled down at her who just woke up. She waved around her arms and legs in the air while giggling. Your smile widened and lifted her up. “Happy to see ma ma?” you asked her and as if she understands you, she started blabbering baby language. You chuckled at her cuteness and left kisses on her chubby cheeks. “Time to feed you…” you went to the chair near Kira’s crib and sat down. Nada walked into the room and heaved in relief. “Tai tai, you’re still weak. You shouldn’t get out of bed too soon…” she scowled. You pouted but continued to feed Kira. “Next time, you call for me and I’ll bring Kira to you.” Nada directed. “But I want to be the first person she sees when she opens her eyes.” You argued. Nada shook her head, you were so stubborn sometime that she have to give up.

“Look Nada jie, Kira is holding my finger!” you excitedly stated. Kira’s tiny fingers curled around your index finger as she stared at it, amazed. “It’s ma ma’s finger, baby…” you told her as if she could understand. At that moment, Kevin burst into the door. “BOO!” he exclaimed. You and Nada chuckled at his cuteness. “Come here, Kevin. Play with your mei mei…” you called him over when you finished feeding Kira. Kevin excitedly ran over and peered down at his little sister/niece. “Kira! I’m your ge ge, so you have to listen to what I say ok?” Kevin instructed, Kira just stared at him with her bambi eyes. Kevin pouted when she didn’t answer and poked her cheek. “Listen to ge ge ok?” he gently tapped her nose causing her to blink. Suddenly, Kira reached out and grabbed his finger. Kevin blinked rapidly at her.

Kira stared at his finger, gripping tightly as she swayed it around before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter