Chapter 20

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: Myname 'Day By Day'

-------------------

Tat Chiu signalled the men to release Kris. “Do anything reckless and both their lives will be gone.” Tat Chiu threatened. Kris slowly stood up as he eyed between you and Kevin. “Wu-ah…” you softly called out to him, catching his attention. “Wu-ah, remember the promise?” you asked with a small smile. Kris’ frown deepened at the reminder. “Save Kevin, Wu-ah. He’s your brother in flesh and blood. No one is closer to you than your brother, Wu-ah.” You persuaded. Kris shook his head wildly. “NO! I’m gonna save the both of you and we’re gonna get out of here together.” He desperately stated. Tat Chiu chuckled mockingly at his statement. “I wouldn’t get my hope so high…” he simply smirked. Kris glared at him with hatred and turned back to you with worry eyes. “Wu-ah, my last wish is for you to save Kevin. Please…” you begged with tears streaming down your face.

“Don’t say that!” Kris snarled but his voice cracked. “Nothing is gonna happen to you.” He breathed as he started to tear up. “Wu-ah, please! Please if you love me, do it for me…” you begged as you stared straight into his. “Ok, enough with this heartbreak scene…I’m gonna start counting …” Tat Chiu yawned. “Wu-ah, listen to me. Kevin is just a little kid. He has a long bright future in front of him…please save him. I’ll be fine…” you assured. “10…9…” Kris tried to look for another way to get out of this mess but he couldn’t. “8…7…6…” Inside, he knew you were right but he keep denying. “Wu-ah, we don’t have time. Please, save Kevin…Wu-ah…” you cried. Kris’ feelings were mixed up and he was starting to feel scare. “5…4…” Kris took a step forward as he eyed you. *I’m sorry…I’m so hopeless…* “3…2…” You gave him your best smile. “I love you, Wu-ah…” you whispered. “…1” Tat Chiu signalled the men to release the rope and ran out of the room. The men released the rope and in a speed of light, both you and Kevin went falling towards the ground.

Kris ran over and caught the fallen body. With a last drop of tears falling from your eyes, you closed your eyes and waited for the hit. Kris clenched onto the body with tightly closed eyes and cried his heart out when he heard the body slammed onto the ground. “I’m sorry…” he whispered over and over again with eyes blurred with tears. “MA MA!” Kevin called out. “QING YU!” EXO-M cried in shocked. Kris slowly looked up to your lifeless body and couldn’t help but cried loudly. Your eyed were closed with blood dripping from your lips, nose and eyes. Before he could say anything, he fainted.

Coldness; was all that he felt. The empty inside his heart that was bugging him in his sleep was now aching. He didn’t understand why. He couldn’t open his eyes, his mind was screaming and his heart was beating in pain. “I hope gege is alright…” he heard the voice. “Qing Yu jie…” Hearing your name, Kris’s eyes shot opened. He stared at the white ceiling before voices snapped him out of daze. “Ge ge!” Tao called as he run towards the bed side. “How are you feeling?” Lay asked. “Sore…” Kris’ voice cracked as he sat up. “Where am I?” he added. “Hospital…now lie back down and rest…” Luhan ordered. Kris pressed the palm of his hand against his forehead and shut his eyes tightly. “Where’s Kevin?” he whispered. “He’s sleeping in the other room with EXO-K looking after him.” Xiu Min answered. Kris nodded then he realised a missing figure. “Where’s Qing Yu?” he questioned as he looked around the room for your present.

Every single one of the boys looked down and away. Kris watched their expression changed to sorrow. “I asked where is Qing Yu?” Kris straightened up. Everyone kept quiet. Kris got furious and grabbed the person’s collar that was closest to him. “WHERE IS SHE?!” he hissed. “SHE’S DEAD!” Chen shoved Kris away in anger. Kris’ eyes widened in shock as everything came back to him. From how you got kidnapped to you falling to your death; everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter