Chapter 13

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You squirmed in pain as you clenched your fist against your stomach. Sweats forming on your forehead as heat creeps up your neck. You were glad that Kris wasn’t home yet or else he’ll force you to go to the hospital. You bit your lower lip to prevent from groaning in pain. Suddenly, someone knocked on the bedroom door. “Tai tai, dinner’s ready.” Nada exclaimed from the other side. “I-I’m not hungry.” You tried to speak normally. “Are you ok?” Nada worriedly asked.

“Y-yeah! I’m just tired.” You fibbed. “Ok, I’ll let you rest.” With that, Nada walked away. You sighed in relief but continued to clenched hand over your stomach. When the pain subsided, you reached out to the bed desk beside you and opened it. You took the painkillers and took one out. Placing the pill in your mouth, you got off the bed and stumbled your way towards the bathroom. You the tap, cupped a handful of water and drank from it.

You would rather go outside and get a glass of water but then Nada will become suspicious from the sweat and pain expression of yours and will call Kris. You didn’t want to bother Kris when he’s at work so you rather keep the pain to yourself. After you swallowed the pill, you got back onto your king size bed and closed your eyes. You unknowingly fell asleep from hestitation.

Kris entered his home and immediately got attacked hug by Kevin. “Ba ba! I finished my dinner by myself.” Kevin proudly exclaimed. “Whoa! Good boy. What do you want as a reward?” Kris picked him up and gave him a light peck on the cheek. “I wanna have a sleepover at ba ba and ma ma’s room.” Kevin beamed with his puppy eyes. Kris chuckled. “We have to see if ma ma agrees to it first…” Kris carried Kevin up stairs. Nada meet him halfway up the stairs and greeted him with a smile and bow. “Master, it seems like tai tai isn’t feeling well today. She didn’t eat dinner and has been inside the room the whole evening.” Nada exposed. Kris thanked her and quickly walked upstairs with Kevin in his arms.

Kris opened the door to the master bedroom and placed Kevin down. The little boy ran towards the bed where you were peacefully sleeping and tried to climb on. “Kevin, don’t wake  ma ma up.” Kris warned as he stepped closer. “But, I want to sleep here tonight.” Kevin pouted. Kris softened and bent down. “Ma ma is tired today so maybe we’ll have a sleepover tomorrow night, okay?” Kris persuaded. Kevin’s shoulders deflated but he nodded. “Ok. But ba ba have to take good care of ma ma!” Kevin sternly yet cutely stated. Kris chuckled and nodded. “Ok, I’m going to sleep now.” Kevin ran out of the room.

Kris stepped closer to the bed and gazed at your sweaty and pale yet beautiful face. He wiped the cold sweats from your forehead and pecked your forehead. “You should’ve called me. Why are you suffering this pain by yourself?” he whispered as he gently rubbed the creased between your brows. Without peck on your lips, Kris got up and went to tuck Kevin to bed.

As the clock strike eleven thirty, you stirred awake with a craving for something. You slowly opened your eyes and looked around the dark room. You glanced down at the arm that was securely wrapped around your waist and looked up at the person. Kris was peacefully sleeping with parted lips, but not for long. You swiftly turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter