Chapter 17

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months passed by, your stomach began to grow bigger and rounder. It wasn’t easy for you thanks to the mood swings you were having. Most of the time, you felt bad for Kris cause he have to stand all your mood swings and bulls. Once you got jealous over a cashier smiling at him and accused him for cheating. He denied and tried to explain but you cried and cried, shoving him away. Kris was angry, not at you but himself. He felt like a bad husband that can’t even satisfy his wife’s needs. The day after that, you apologized and didn’t stop showering him with love. At the end of that day, you both made love again. That was five months ago, now you both anxiously waiting for the special day when your princess would arrive. At this moment, you were lying in Kris’ arms on a hammock in the backyard. “Wu-ah, do I look fat?” you randomly asked, caressing your round stomach.

Kris chuckled and snuggled against your hair. “No, babe. You’re still beautiful and you’ll always be…” he answered as he swayed the hammock. “Don’t you know a woman is most beautiful when she’s pregnant?” Kris pecked your cheek. You sighed and caressed your round tummy. “What do you wanna name our princess?” you looked up at him. Kris blinked for a while then smiled as a name come into mind. “I want to name her Kira, Wu Ying. You like it?” Kris asked. You bobbed your head eagerly with a bright smile. “I like the name Kira. She’s going to get so much love and affection from me…” you chuckled at the thought. “She’s going to be my little baby girl who I will protect and spoil for the rest of my life…” Kris added. You giggled. “I don’t want my princess to be a spoil brat…Don’t spoil her too much, Wu-ah…” you played with his big hand. Kris nodded against your head and closed his eyes. You were playing with the wedding ring on his finger when an uneasy feeling erupted from your heart.

“Wu-ah…” you leaned off him and turned to him. Kris opened his eyes and eyed you in worried. Your voice sounded scared. “What’s wrong, babe? Are you in pain? Do you want to go to the hospital?” he questioned continuously. “No, no…I just want to ask you something…” you shook your head, amused at his caring side. “Oh, what is it?” he curled a strand of hair behind your head. “Wu-ah, I want you to promise me something.” You stated as you looked straight into his eyes. Kris furrowed his brow. “What is it?” he sat up and his expression turned serious. You fiddled with your fingers before opening your mouth. “Wu-ah, I want you to promise me no matter what happen in the future, no matter what situation we’re in, if there was a situation where you have to choose between Kevin and I, I want you to always save Kevin first. Ignore me. Put Kevin as your first priority, ok?” you bit your lower lip at his expression. “Babe, what are you talking about? Nothing is going to happen to Kevin or you. You’re both my first priority. I’m not going to ignore you. I’ll save both of you even if I die…” he grabbed your hands in his big ones and gently caressed it.

“But Wu-ah, I want you to put Kevin before me. He’s your brother, in flesh and blood. Please promise me, no matter what happen to me, always save Kevin first. Please promise me?” you urged. Kris got furious and looked away. “You’re as important to me as it is to Kevin. Why are you making me promising such thing?” he sternly stated. You frowned. “Please, if you love me, promise me…please.” You begged. Kris heaved heavily. “Ok, I promise.” You broke into a smile but it turned upside down when he suddenly got off the hammock and walked back into the mansion with look back at you. You bit your lower lip from calling his name. *Just give him time…* you reminded yourself. You laid back on the hammock and closed your eyes. Minutes later,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter