Chapter 22

The Legend of a Mafia's Life Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris stirred the wheels and eyed Kira from the mirror. Kira was holding onto her panda backpack and looking around the area. Her eyes sparkled at the things that the car passed by and wouldn’t stop smiling. “Cow!” Kira pointed. Kris chuckled at her cuteness. *My princess is very smart…* he thought and continued driving down the country road. After packing everything, they immediately left. Kris asked where Kira wanted to go and she shyly answered. Kris parked his car in the car park of the old looking supply shop and got off the car. Kris opened the door, leaned in and helped Kira take off her seatbelt. He placed her onto the ground, closed the car door and locked it. “Where do you want to go now, princess?” he questioned as he helped her wear her backpack. “Field.” Was all she said. Kris nodded with a small smile and grabbed her small hand. “Let’s go then…” together they walked out of the car park and onto the empty road. They passed by the supply shop and Kira halted to a stop. Kris watched her eyes twinkled and looked to see what she was looking at.

Kira stared at the brown teddy bear on the shelf. In her eyes showed wanting. She wanted the teddy but didn’t know what to do. Her eyes saddened and she pouted. Kris kneeled down and patted her head. “You want that teddy, princess?” Kris smiled. Kira hesitated but slowly nodded. Kris stood up and turned to the owner who was seated in front of the shop. “I would like to buy that, thank you.” Kris pointed to the teddy on the shelf. The old man blinked. “JIU LIN! COME OUT, THERE’S A COSTUMER!” He called. Seconds later, a girl in her 20s walked out and her eyes widened at the sight of a handsome man. “W-what can I get you?” she curled a strand of hair behind her ear and blinked her eyes innocently at him. Kris just eyed her uninterested and pointed to the bear. She cleared and catwalk to the shelf. The old man on the chair shook his head at her.

“H-here you go…” she blushed as she handed the bear to him. Kris nodded, thanking her with his poker face before kneeling down to Kira. “Here you go, princess…” Kris smiled at her. Kira eyed the teddy then looked up at Kris’ face. She was scared and shy to take it. Kris seemed to notice and instead pushed the teddy into her embrace. “It’s ok. Ba ba bought it for you so it’s ok to take it…” Kris swiped her fringe tenderly. Kira nodded as her eyes twinkled with happiness and gratitude. “Xie xie…ba ba.” She mumbled shyly. Kris’ smile widened in process. Standing up, Kris turned back to the girl with his poker face and handed her the money. “Keep the change…” he simply stated, held Kira’s hand and started walking. “W-wait…” the girl called out. Kris turned back and looked at her. “C-can…um…I have your number?” she batted her eyes which Kris raised a brow at. *Is this how girls are nowadays? At least my Qing Yu isn’t…wasn’t like this…* he frowned at the thought.

It had been three years since you were gone and he got over your death but not you. You were always on his mind, every second of the day. He would dream about the two of you together again, happily ever after with Kira and Kevin. “Not interested…” he disgustedly stated before walking off with Kira who blinked curiously at him. The old man on the chair smirked as the girl blushed in embarrassment.

Kira saw the green field, immediately let go of Kris hand raced to the field, giggling. The wind blew against her face and hair making her smile. Kris watched her as he walked towards a tree for shade and sat down. Kira ran around the field with the teddy in her arms, screaming in happiness on the top of her lungs. Kris chuckled and shook his head in amusement. She was just like you, innocent. Kris looked up and suddenly saw someone who he hasn’t s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter