Ch. [02]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
               

Hyukjae bit his lower lip as he saw how everyone walked behind the coffin enclosing the love of his life. He stood behind a tree, trying to hide slightly and having Chaerin crying softly against his tummy. He kneeled down and hugged his daughter as he saw how his husband was getting buried and he couldn’t even be there.  
             
Hyukjae cried again, just like the past two days. He wanted to yell and scream to everyone that his husband was still alive even when the police confirmed it was him. He wanted to scold the gods for taking away such perfect creature away from him. What was left for Hyukjae? How was he supposed to keep on living?
             
The answer came too soon, and Hyukjae smiled faintly. “Mommy?” Chaerin cried hugging her mother’s neck. “Mommy… I miss daddy…,” she said hiding her small face against Hyukjae’s neck.
             
Hyukjae closed his eyes. Of course, there was the reason he needed to keep on going and keep himself strong. “I miss him too baby…,” he said letting go of his silent tears. “I miss him so much…,” he hugged his daughter tighter.
             
Hyukjae opened his eyes and saw how men were throwing ground to his husband. He wanted to run and get buried along with him. He wanted to yell at them and make them stop. He wanted to do so many things but he also wanted to keep on hugging his precious girl. I’ll protect her Siwon. She’ll be my all just like you always said we were for you.
             
He felt awful. Hyukjae wasn’t even allowed to be by his husband’s side because his family hated him. He wasn’t allowed to say Siwon was the best thing that could happen to him because he wasn’t rich or educated. But it was fine, it was okay because Siwon never minded it.
            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
Hyukjae smiled softly as he walked to Siwon’s office. He usually never went there because he knew Siwon’s family disliked it. But that day was special and he wasn’t going to mind them all.
             
After two years of being a marriage, Hyukjae for the very first time took lunch to his beloved husband to his work. “Siwonnie?” he called knocking the door softly.
             
Siwon looked up, suddenly alarmed by the familiar voice. “Hyuk?” he called back and a smile drew in his face when he finally recognized the man standing by the door. “Hyuk!” he exclaimed standing up and running to hug his wife.
             
Hyukjae smiled and hugged Siwon tightly, leaning up to peck his husband’s lips softly. “Hello,” he greeted with the gummy smile Siwon loved the most.
             
“Hyuk, what are you doing here?” Siwon asked holding Hyukjae’s waist in place.
             
Hyukjae pouted. “Am I not allowed to visit my husband?” he asked faking hurt.
             
Siwon chuckled. “You know you’re always welcomed baby,” he said pressing their foreheads together.
             
“Wonnie~,” Hyukjae sang giggling softly. “I have something to tell you…”
             
Siwon raised an eyebrow. “What is it?” he asked curious.
             
Hyukjae grinned and took Siwon’s hand, guiding him to sit on the couch placed against the wall. Siwon simply followed without a word. 
             
“What is it Hyuk? I’m curious…,” Siwon whined childish and Hyukjae giggled again.
             
Hyukjae took out something from his bag and placed it before Siwon’s face, giving the latter two seconds to realize what it was before grinning widely. “We’re pregnant,” Hyukjae finally said and it wasn’t even a second before he was in Siwon’s tight embrace, chanting a million I love you’s and picturing how perfect the world would be with finally a family.
             
Hyukjae had a family. A beautiful and perfect family with Siwon by his side. Finally someone who would never reject him.
            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
Hyukjae stood before the grave. ‘Siwon, precious son.’ That was what the grave said. “Precious father and husband it should say,” Hyukjae mumbled bitterly, because it seemed as if after all those years he was still getting rejected by Siwon’s family.
             
The sun was hiding after everyone left and finally Hyukjae and his daughter could come out from behind the tree, walking slowly towards the place in which Hyukjae’s other half was buried.
             
“Mommy…,” Chaerin sobbed tugging on Hyukjae’s jacket. “Is daddy going to be here forever?” she asked innocently.
             
Hyukjae smiled. “Yes,” he answered. “So he’ll be here whenever you wish to come and visit,” he said smiling bitterly.
             
Chaerin smiled faintly and left the white daisy she had been carrying around everywhere the entire day. “Daddy, it’s Chaerin, I just wanted to tell you that I love you,” she said softly.
              
Hyukjae smiled and kneeled down to leave a red rose. “Siwon, I love you,” he said slowly. “And I miss you… I need you here with me… please help me from heaven…”
             
It wasn’t long for Chaerin to try to console her crying mother, patting his back softly as she gave soft chaste kissed all over Hyukjae’s face, just like her father used to do to her when she fell down and cut her knees while playing.
             
Nothing was going to be the same from then on. Hyukjae felt his heart clenching because his family was disappearing.Again. He hugged Chaerin tightly and cried his heart out in front of his husband’s grave, asking to the angels to take care of Siwon now that he was gone.
            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
“Siwon… I’m scared…,” Hyukjae confessed as he squeezed Siwon’s hand tightly.
             
Siwon smiled softly and kissed his wife’s lips. “It’s okay Hyuk, it’ll hurt but can you imagine how good will it get after? We’ll have a baby in our arms…,” he said dreamingly. “And we’ll be a complete family.”
             
Hyukjae smiled and suddenly yelled, feeling the contractions already hitting him. He felt Siwon’s hand squeezing his and he felt slightly better. “Don’t let go of me Wonnie…,” he pleaded, his forehead sweaty and his eyes looking at his husbands as nurses walked side by side the room.
             
Siwon smiled and kissed Hyukjae’s temple. “When have I?” he asked and he caressed Hyukjae’s face when the other yelled at the magnificent pain he was going through.
             
But it was all worthy, because after hours and hours of pure pain, they received a beautiful baby girl and Siwon just couldn’t believe perfection actually existed. He kissed Hyukjae’s forehead before kissing his daughter’s nose and he could hear how the little baby giggled almost silently.
             
That day Hyukjae slept for hours and Siwon took care of their precious daughter. He also took weeks off from his company’s work and wished for his mother and younger brother to meet his daughter but it failed. Because they didn’t want to even see her.
             
If Siwon’s father still lived, Siwon knew, he would have loved the small creature he held in his arms all nights. But he was gone since ten years ago and he had taken over being the CEO of their company with his younger brother as the president of it.
             
“She’s beautiful,” Hyukjae said as he rocked the small body one side to another, even if he knew that their daughter never cried. She was a little angel, always sleeping or laughing. There was no suffering in her life and Hyukjae promised to keep it that way.
             
“Just like you,” Siwon said hugging Hyukjae from behind. “Perfect,” he said kissing Hyukjae’s cheek and making the other smile softly at him, kissing him fully in his slips with their daughter in between giggling softly.
             
They broke from their kiss and both kissed their daughter’s cheeks at the same time, the little girl giggling nonstop.
             
Yes, it was perfect, everything was perfect and Hyukjae knew that nothing could stop them from being more perfect.
             
But apparently, he was wrong.
            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
Hyukjae bit his lower lip nervously as he looked down at the wooden table in front of him. By his side was a lawyer, Siwon’s lawyer that called him to read Siwon’s will out loud. He has been wishing for it to end already but seemed like Siwon’s mother and younger brother were late. Probably on purpose.
             
“Mommy, I’m bored,” Chaerin said pouting lightly and Hyukjae smiled at her.
             
“It’s okay baby, we’ll go in a few minutes, let’s just stay quiet and don’t be noisy okay?” Hyukjae asked his daughter’s hair lovingly.
             
“Yes mommy,” Chaerin said grinning widely. A grin that was exactly like Siwon’s.
             
Hyukjae smiled at his daughter. It had been only three days since Siwon’s death and he secretly cried himself to sleep, hugging his daughter tightly.
             
The door of the small room opened and Hyukjae stood up, lowering his head in sign of respect for the new comers.
             
Chaerin stood up as well, lowering her head and bowing lightly, just like his father had taught her.
             
But neither of them received any kind of greeting and Hyukjae smiled to his daughter awkwardly, watching how the two newcomers sat down in front of him. He signaled Chaerin to continue playing with her doll because he didn’t want his mother in law to look at her the same way she did to him.
             
In front of Hyukjae was Siwon’s younger brother, to whom he had never shared a word to but that he thought was way too influenced by his mother since he didn’t get to spend too much time with his father.
             
They all fell in silence, Hyukjae feeling the stares piercing his soul and him just wanting to run away. “Since we’re all here, I would like to start the reading session of Mr. Cho Siwon’s will,” the lawyer said serious, breaking a seal and taking out a few papers. “There are two letters, one of them with Lee Hyukjae’s name and the other for Choi Chaerin, which are confidential” the man said handing Hyukjae the envelopes.
              
Hyukjae gulped and took the papers, giving them to Chaerin who asked for them but the girl did nothing that touching them carefully, knowing they were important.
             
“Now I’ll proceed to read the will,” the lawyer started and Hyukjae gulped even more nervous than before, feeling the death glares the family was sending to him. “It is my will for my mother to keep all the properties that are under my name,” the lawyer started reading and Hyukjae’s heart jumped, his own house was under Siwon’s name so that meant he had no home anymore. 
             
He bit his lower lip and looked down, now panicking of why Siwon did that when he knew he had nowhere to go. But it was okay, because Hyukjae knew he could survive even without money. Siwon knew. “It is also my will for my younger brother to replace me in the CEO’s position in my father’s company only if he’s in the physical and mental condition to do so. He will take care of all my actions from the company. And for my loving wife and daughter, I wish for them to keep my biggest fortune, which is locked in a certain and specific place. You’ll find all the instructions in the letter I ordered to be given to you.”
             
The lawyer made a pause, as if wondering if he should make Hyukjae read it out loud. He decided against it since it was supposed to be confidential. “Why does he have to keep the biggest fortune?!” Jihyun exclaimed offended. “He’s nothing from us! He has no right!” she yelled.
             
Hyukjae flinched lightly and looked at his daughter who seemed used to the woman yelling already. “Mrs., please let me continue, there’s still something more,” the lawyer said pleadingly and the woman sat down with pursed lips.
             
Siwon’s brother was looking at him with raging eyes, as if wanting to kill him right then.
             
“But neither my mother nor my younger brother will get any of my belongings if they don’t comply to my last wish,” the lawyer read and everyone gasped. “And it is for my loving wife and daughter to stay with my younger brother until he can fix everything and live peacefully for his own. I wish for my brother to take care of my wife and daughter, the two most important persons for me, until they can stand by their own. If this is not complied, all the properties and belongings will go directly to Lee Hyukjae and Choi Chaerin. There are specific instructions in an envelope for my younger brother,” and the lawyer took out another letter and handed it to the raging young man in front of Hyukjae.
             
Hyukjae gulped, he didn’t want to stay with that family anymore but he had to if he wanted to get rid of them cleanly, without being called a thief or a gold digger as he always used to. “This is unacceptable! For that person to stay with my precious son! This can’t be!” Jihyun cried outrageous as the young man kept quiet, frowning deeply as he read the paper in his hands carefully.
             
Hyukjae looked up at the man in front of him and flinched at the hatred in his eyes.
             
“I’ll trust you my most precious possessions, Kyuhyun.”
           

up