Ch. [15]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Chaerin didn’t have to go to the psychologist daily as before, but just once a week from then on. Since she didn’t have a session that afternoon, Kyuhyun went to pick her up to school.
            
“Who are you looking for Mister?” A tiny woman asked and Kyuhyun cleared his throat.
            
“Chaerin, Choi Chaerin,” Kyuhyun said and the woman looked at him suspiciously before going to fetch the girl.
            
Kyuhyun looked around, parents going to pick up their children, some of them crying because they wanted something they didn’t get or some others sleeping. “May I know your relationship with the girl mister?” the woman asked as soon as she came back with Chaerin taking her hand.
            
“I’m…,” Kyuhyun wasn’t sure what he should say. “Her uncle…,” he finally said, and it was the very first time he admitted it out loud.
            
Chaerin seemed to be sleepy, probably just waking up from her nap. She smiled softly as soon as she saw Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun smiled back, reaching his hand for her.
            
Chaerin grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and looked up at him with a wide smile.
            
After they arrived to the mall, Chaerin didn’t let go of Kyuhyun’s hands and sometimes hid behind him when she was scared of so many people. “Are you scared?” Kyuhyun asked and Chaerin flinched lightly.
            
“N-No…,” the small girl shuttered nervously. 
            
Kyuhyun chuckled. “Let’s go buy some ice cream first,” he proposed and the smile on the girl’s lips was surely priceless.
            
Kyuhyun had the time to admire it. The way those small fingers wrapped around his bigger one. He looked at the girl eating her ice cream while still holding his hand and he found himself amused. Hyukjae had done that. Hyukjae had done a baby and then he helped her grow. Chaerin came from Hyukjae, she was created from the nothingness inside and she was fed via her mother.
            
Kyuhyun had never thought how wonderful the idea of creating would be. He had never stopped himself to think that life is a miracle. He looked at Chaerin, how she was slightly taller than when Hyukjae and she arrived to his house. And she would get bigger with the time and Kyuhyun will never believe that a human came out from another one. It was truly fascinating.
            
Chaerin was exhausted at the end of the day and Kyuhyun didn’t know how fun it was to actually take care of a small girl until that day. He went through some trouble taking her to the bathroom because he definitely didn’t want her to go into the male’s bathroom, who knows what the small girl could see in there. He didn’t want to traumatize her for life. But he wasn’t going to allow the little girl to go all by herself to the lady’s one, much less asking a stranger to take her.
            
At the end, Kyuhyun paid for the small girl and him to go into a private bathroom of one luxurious restaurant.
            
But at the end it was fun, when finally Chaerin stopped yelling how much she needed to go and it was even better when she thanked him and kissed his cheek softly as an appreciation gift.
            
Maybe it was the kiss that made Kyuhyun spend money in everything the girl wanted or didn’t even want but that Kyuhyun thought was cute and hence, he bought it all. It was until he was driving home that he realized that Chaerin wouldn’t even use or wear what he bought for her because she didn’t ask for it.
            
Whatever, Kyuhyun would make her use it bribing her with more ice cream.
            
When they finally reached his house, Kyuhyun carried a sleeping Chaerin in his arms and opened the door clumsily. As soon as they entered, Kyuhyun smelled a delicious aroma in the air and when he turned around, he realized it was Hyukjae cooking. “We’re here,” he announced, not as loud so he wouldn’t wake the small girl up.
            
Hyukjae peeked from the kitchen before going towards Kyuhyun. “Did you have fun?” he asked kissing Chaerin’s temple gently.
            
Kyuhyun smiled and nodded. “I’ll take her to bed,” he said and Hyukjae nodded, watching how Kyuhyun took the small girl to the room carefully.
            
Hyukjae came back to the kitchen and he cooked meticulously before he heard Kyuhyun coming back and sitting in the counter. “I didn’t know it would be this tiring…,” the taller sighed resting his forehead against the cold material of the kitchen counter.
            
Hyukjae chuckled and handed Kyuhyun a glass with cold water. “Thanks Kyuhyun,” he said honestly and Kyuhyun looked up, smiling at him.
            
It wasn’t that late but for Kyuhyun, it felt like a week passed since he last slept. Chaerin still had to have dinner. “It was fun,” Kyuhyun said taking the water and sighing deeply.
            
Hyukjae grinned and looked at his watch. “Chaerin will be waking up in a few minutes,” he said and Kyuhyun laughed softly.
            
“I bet she won’t wake up after hours,” Kyuhyun affirmed and Hyukjae shook his head.
            
“She eats dinner at six and sleeps at nine, it’s her routine, even if she’s sleeping she will come back to eat,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun smiled. How could a mother have such communication with their children? Was it because they met starting from nothing? Or was it because Chaerin was a small part of Hyukjae? “Are you hungry?” Hyukjae then asked.
            
“I’m starving,” Kyuhyun admitted and Hyukjae chuckled. 
            
“So how was your day?” Hyukjae asked as he served Kyuhyun just a little food, he was going to eat later anyways.
            
“Well, we went to buy ice cream and we also bought toys and clothes… She got hungry almost when he reached there so we ate a hamburger…,” Kyuhyun said, smiling because now that he thinks about it, they made a lot of things.
            
Hyukjae sighed. “I feel so bad for not being here with her…,” he said. 
            
“The court asked you to go, you could do nothing,” Kyuhyun said eating the food that Hyukjae placed in front of him.
            
“But I’m really happy she still had fun in her birthday though,” Hyukjae said with a wide smile.
            
Kyuhyun froze and opened his eyes, looking up at Hyukjae. “It’s her birthday?” he asked surprised.
            
Hyukjae nodded. “Four years, isn’t it amazing?”
            
“I… I didn’t know… I should have bought a cake or something…,” Kyuhyun said looking at his watch, it wasn’t late at all, he could go and get one fast.
            
“I baked one,” Hyukjae said, making Kyuhyun go out from his trance and smile at Hyukjae.
             
When Chaerin woke up, she ran to her mother and hugged him tightly, giggling when Hyukjae told her that she was getting really old. They ate peacefully and Hyukjae raised an eyebrow when Chaerin called Kyuhyun ‘Oppa’. “Oppa?” he asked curious and Kyuhyun smirked triumphal.
            
“She says I’m the handsomest oppa she has,” Kyuhyun said proudly. “And the best.”
            
“You’re the only one, of course you’ll be the best,” Hyukjae said mockingly and continued eating, leaving a really disappointed Kyuhyun to stare at his own plate.
            
After the cake, Chaerin had no energy left and went to sleep peacefully, with a soft smile in her lips while hugging a stuffed animal Kyuhyun bought her earlier.
            
Hyukjae cleaned the table and the counter before realizing that Kyuhyun too, was so tired that was now sleeping on the couch. He chuckled and walked towards the sleeping figure, shaking his shoulder gently. “Kyuhyun, you should sleep in your bed,” he said softly but Kyuhyun only pried his hand away. “Kyuhyun,” he called again.
            
After some minutes Hyukjae gave up and just took off Kyuhyun’s shoes and socks, lifting his head gently and slowly and placing a soft pillow under it before covering Kyuhyun with a warm blanket. He smiled as he saw the other sleeping and he chuckled. “You don’t look dangerous like this,” he said giggling gently before going to get the kitchen clean completely.
           
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
          
Hyukjae bit his lower lip nervously and looked at Chaerin intently. “If you feel sad or you want to come back, just let me know, your teacher can call me okay?” he asked and the small girl nodded eagerly.
            
Apparently, the psychologist suggested Chaerin to go camping with her friends but when he realized Chaerin didn’t have any, he told Hyukjae to let her go to the group trip of the kindergarten.
            
“Take care okay? Don’t go away from the group and don’t talk to strangers,” Hyukjae recited for the fifth time already.
            
“Yes mommy,” Chaerin said nodding.
            
“Time to go,” the teacher came and pulled Chaerin who nodded and hugged her mother, giving him a soft peck in his cheek and telling him that she loved her.
            
“I love you too baby,” Hyukjae said biting his lower lip hardly and moving nervously because he was worried that his little girl would be in danger, away from him. It was the very first time Chaerin would spend the night without him and seemingly, Hyukjae was even more scared than the little girl.
            
And even when Hyukjae came back to Kyuhyun’s house, he only sat down moving his leg rapidly while looking at the phone. “What if something happened and they don’t want to call me?” he asked and panicked even more. “Oh my god… my little girl…,” he said biting his nails.
            
Kyuhyun ran his hand through his hair in frustration because he has been sitting down for hours already and Hyukjae hasn’t done anything but stare at the phone and wonder if something bad happened. Kyuhyun was so distracted by Hyukjae moving that even he couldn’t do his work properly.
            
“Calm down Hyukjae, they said they would call you if something went wrong, if they haven’t called it’s obviously because everything is alright,” Kyuhyun said sighing loudly and closing his folders, he wasn’t going to do anything anyways.
            
“But Kyuhyun… it’s the very first time she’s not with me… what if she’s scared?” Hyukjae asked almost trembling and Kyuhyun felt himself getting panicked.
            
“Stop it Hyukjae, you’re making me anxious as well,” Kyuhyun exclaimed standing up from his couch and going to get some bottles of wine for him to relax.
            
Hyukjae ignored Kyuhyun and looked at the phone. “I should call them to know if everything is fine,” he nodded for himself. “Yes, I should,” he convinced himself and grabbed the phone in front of him.
            
“Chill Hyukjae, she must be having fun,” Kyuhyun said taking the phone away from Hyukjae’s hands and replacing it with a glass of wine. “Drink this, it’ll make you calmer.”
            
Hyukjae looked at the glass and then at Kyuhyun. “I don’t drink,” he said but Kyuhyun was already drinking from his own glass, sipping slowly.
            
“That’s why you’re so freaking nervous, drink that, it’s getting me scared as well,” Kyuhyun said frowning lightly and signaling the glass.
            
Hyukjae looked at the glass and nodded. “Yes, maybe I need to calm down…,” he nodded and Kyuhyun hummed in agreement, gasping when he saw how Hyukjae just swallowed the entire glass at once.
            
Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “Well, I guess we’ll need more wine…,” he said and went to refill the glass.
            
Hyukjae flinched from the hot sensation in his throat and looked at how Kyuhyun filled the glass again. “It tastes like strawberry,” he said and Kyuhyun chuckled.
            
“It has strawberry,” Kyuhyun agreed, him too, drinking his glass at once.
             
Kyuhyun wasn’t sure how they ended up sitting side by side on the floor, talking about food while Hyukjae drank now slowly. Kyuhyun knew they were both drunk and he could feel his head already spinning, a familiar sensation.
            
“This feels good,” Hyukjae giggled, cheeks pink from how drunk he was.
            
Kyuhyun chuckled. “What feels good?” he asked, finding everything strangely funny.
            
“Alcohol… it feels good,” Hyukjae said grinning widely. “Thank you.”
             
Kyuhyun hummed and rested his head against the wall while he looked at their spread legs over the floor and the empty bottles of wine.
            
Kyuhyun didn’t know, neither Hyukjae, how they ended up leaning slowly against each other, Kyuhyun’s hand in Hyukjae’s waist and Hyukjae’s in Kyuhyun’s chest, closing their eyes as their lips met and they shared a soft, slow and smooth kiss. They moved their lips rhythmically and held each other closer.
            
They broke away and looked at each other. Hyukjae was caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek gently when they leaned closer again and shared another kiss.
           
up