Ch. [19]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Even after Hyukjae was always ready to listen, Kyuhyun didn’t want to talk about his mother anymore. He didn’t started the conversation in the nights they used to talk and, after a week, Kyuhyun seemed to not even mind about it.
            
It was afternoon and Hyukjae came back from picking up Chaerin from school. The little girl had been extremely happy because she would soon go to a higher grade and she would have vacation, which she knew, would be days to spend with her mother and now, with Kyuhyun.
            
“Mommy, and can we go play all day long?” Chaerin asked excited.
            
Hyukjae chuckled and took her hand, walking into the house slowly. “Yes baby, but you know I have to work right?” he asked and Chaerin pouted.
            
“Can I go with you then?” Chaerin asked with some kind of puppy eyes that made Hyukjae unable to reject anything the girl asked for.
            
“I’ll ask my boss okay?” Hyukjae asked tenderly but that alone made the little girl chirp happily.
            
They prepared dinner together, with Chaerin asking if she would be a good wife like Hyukjae and Hyukjae telling her that she had quite a lot of time to perfect his abilities.
            
Two hours later Kyuhyun came home, sighing tiredly and going to the kitchen with them. “Kyuhyun oppa!” Chaerin chirped as soon as Kyuhyun entered.
            
“Hello there pretty~,” Kyuhyun sang lifting Chaerin up and smiling brightly, keeping her up in his arms as he looked at Hyukjae and dedicated him a sweet smile.
            
“Food is ready, why don’t you go and fix the table?” Hyukjae asked smiling back at Kyuhyun.
            
Kyuhyun and Chaerin looked at each other and nodded before Kyuhyun took Chaerin down. “Go first pretty,” Kyuhyun said and Chaerin smiled brightly before going to get the plates.
            
Kyuhyun walked towards Hyukjae and hugged him by the waist, leaning closer and pecking his lips gently. “Welcome back,” Hyukjae said softly, resting his arms over Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “How was your day?” he asked caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek lovingly.
            
Kyuhyun smiled and pressed their foreheads together. “It was good,” he said chuckling. “Yours?”
            
“Perfect, Chaerin helped me cooking,” Hyukjae said smiling brightly. “Come on, let’s eat.”
            
Kyuhyun nodded, and, after one more kiss to Hyukjae’s lips, they walked to the dinner room.
            
They ate comfortably, with Kyuhyun mainly convincing Chaerin to eat her vegetables and Hyukjae convincing Kyuhyun to do so as well.
            
It was after dinner that they went to the living room. Kyuhyun was working, Hyukjae and Chaerin doing the little girl’s homework.
            
The bell rang and the three of them looked up. “Are you waiting for someone?” Hyukjae asked standing up and looking at Kyuhyun who shook his head.
            
“Maybe it’s one of those annoying sellers,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae chuckled before standing up hearing the bell ring again.
            
“I’ll go check then,” Hyukjae said walking towards the door.
            
Hyukjae had wished Kyuhyun opened though, when he saw Jihyun standing there with a frown in her face. “You again, I get sick every time I see your face,” Jihyun said pushing Hyukjae aside and stepping inside. “Where’s my son?” she asked and Hyukjae pursed his lips in anger, looking down.
            
“Living room,” Hyukjae mumbled signaling the woman towards the room but the other didn’t move and instead looked at him deeply. 
             
“You look happy,” Jihyun noticed. “Why is that? Did you find someone who will pay for your services?”
            
Hyukjae looked up, pursing his lips in anger and clenching his fists to restrain himself. “Just please go talk to your son, I have nothing to say to you,” he said as soft as he could.
            
Jihyun frowned and slapped Hyukjae from nowhere. “How can you talk like that to me?” she asked annoyed. “This is why trash shouldn’t come into our house, you have contaminated even my son’s house!”
            
“Mother!” Kyuhyun exclaimed from the other side of the room, with Chaerin hiding behind him scared.
            
Jihyun didn’t like the scene and pursed her lips in anger. “Kyuhyun, get away from that brat, she’s as dirty as her mother.”
            
Hyukjae frowned. “Chaerin, go to the room,” he ordered.
            
Chaerin bit her lower lip. “B-But mommy-”
            
“Go now Chaerin,” Hyukjae ordered firmly and Kyuhyun nudged the little girl to go.
            
“Go now princess,” Kyuhyun said smiling assuring to the little girl who simply nodded and turned around, leaving the scene.
            
Jihyun looked at Kyuhyun. “What’s happening here Kyuhyun?” she asked cautiously, walking towards her son and cupping his face. “What have they done to you?”
            
“Mother, they have done nothing to me,” Kyuhyun said gently, taking her hands away from his face and smiling at her. He felt his chest impossibly tighter as he gave small steps until he was by Hyukjae’s side. “I-”
            
“No Kyuhyun,” Jihyun said frowning deeply. “Don’t tell me anything like that because you’ll see your mother dying and it all will be your fault!” she exclaimed already feeling what was going on.
            
Kyuhyun gasped. “Mother,” he called again. “You have to-”
            
Jihyun stepped ahead and grabbed Hyukjae by the hair, throwing him to the floor and making Hyukjae flinch and yell from pain. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SON?!” she demanded. 
            
“MOTHER!” Kyuhyun exclaimed grabbing his mother’s wrist when she was about to hit Hyukjae who just laid on the floor.
            
“Oh my baby…,” Jihyun cried, hugging her precious son. “Don’t worry, I’ll finish him… don’t let him seduce you… you know he’s a , a poor trash that is only looking for a man to give him money…”
            
Kyuhyun gulped nervously and shook his head. “Mom, this is not like this, I-”
            
“Don’t you dare Kyuhyun!” Jihyun yelled. “He ruined our family! How can you feel something for him that it’s not hatred?!”
            
“I have done nothing,” Hyukjae said, still on the floor, fully knowing that even if he stood up, he would be hit again.
            
Jihyun enraged because of those words and she hit the man’s abdomen with her high heels. “Shut up trash!” she exclaimed. “You didn’t have enough with my son right?! It is your fault that Siwon is death! I know that!”
            
Hyukjae gasped and took his hands to his hurt abdomen, he stood up slowly to face Jihyun and frowned firmly. “It wasn’t my fault that your family is ruined!” he exclaimed. “It was you and your stupid prejudices! If you didn’t bug Siwon to keep working until death for him to not be with me, then he would have been awake enough as to drive safely! It wasn’t my fault! It was yours completely!”
            
And Hyukjae didn’t even flinch at the slap that landed in his cheek. He closed his eyes and bit the inside of his cheeks as warm tears slid down his eyes. He turned towards Kyuhyun, who was only watching and he begged for him with his look, he asked him to please support him.
            
“Are you trying to say it was me that killed my own son?!” Jihyun exclaimed outrageous.
            
Hyukjae looked at the woman. “It was an accident, but it would have been avoided if only he weren’t as busy as you asked him to be! He loved you! He never rejected anything you asked him for! The only thing he wanted for himself was to keep the one he loved close and you said no! The only thing he asked and you denied him!”
            
Another slap in Hyukjae’s cheek and he was getting tired. He has been saving his words for so long already, he couldn’t stand it anymore. “Don’t keep talking you !”
            
“I’m not a !” Hyukjae exclaimed with tears in his eyes. “Siwon was the very first man I was with! And I loved him! I loved him so much!”
            
“SHUT UP!” Jihyun yelled and hit Hyukjae again. “Your solely existence should be erased from the pace of earth!”
            
Hyukjae’s lips were trembling, he lift his hand to slap the woman back but he was held back. He turned up and looked at Kyuhyun stopping him. “Hyukjae, don’t touch my mother,” he said dangerously and Hyukjae’s tears then, weren’t because of what she had said to him but because of Kyuhyun.
            
“W-What?” Hyukjae asked with shaky lips.
            
Jihyun smirked and flipped her hair. 
            
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and let go of his hand. The smaller man only clenched his fists and looked down, trying to restrain his own tears because he couldn’t be even more humiliated.
            
“I’m happy to know your priorities are still perfectly well placed Kyuhyun,” Jihyun said hugging her son. “I should leave now, I’m old and staying here with such trash is only going to make me die.”
            
Kyuhyun simply hummed. “Have a nice trip mother,” he said carefully and Jihyun nodded, kissing her son’s cheek before looking at Hyukjae once more, grunting in disgust and going out from the house.
            
As soon as the door closed, Hyukjae walked to the living room again, grabbing a tray to collect the empty glasses that they had used before. His hands were shaky and he didn’t even look at Kyuhyun who went towards him.
            
“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called and Hyukjae could tell he was hurt as well. 
            
Hyukjae ignored him and stood straight again to go towards the kitchen. “Hyukjae, please,” Kyuhyun begged.
            
“Not now Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said, the tray shaking on his hands.
            
Kyuhyun grabbed Hyukjae’s arm and made him turn around, the tray falling down the floor and the glasses shattering into small pieces.
            
Kyuhyun gasped as Hyukjae looked down and tears stormed out from his eyes. “I can’t Kyuhyun…,” he said taking his hands to cover his face.
            
Kyuhyun felt his heart in pain, he could feel himself almost crying when he saw Hyukjae shedding tears, he hated to be so weak. “Hyukjae, I’m sorry, I-”
             
“She’s right… maybe I just seduced you and you fell for that, maybe you just needed some physical relationship,” Hyukjae said. “It has to be because there’s no other explanation for you to not fight with me.”
            
Kyuhyun wanted to hug Hyukjae tightly, to keep him in his arms and kiss him gently. “Hyukjae,” he called reaching for the smaller.
            
Hyukjae stepped back and looked at Kyuhyun with those eyes that told the taller he was already broken and there was nothing else to do. He leaned down on his knees and started picking up the pieces of the shattered glasses.
            
Kyuhyun could see Hyukjae’s hands trembling, his tears falling down the floor. “M-Mommy…,” Chaerin peeked from the room, quickly going to help Hyukjae.
            
Hyukjae pushed Chaerin slightly. “Go pack your things Chaerin,” he said and the small girl looked at him confused. “Go do what I say Chaerin!” Hyukjae exclaimed and Chaerin felt scared, quickly nodding and doing what she was told because it was the first time Hyukjae yelled at her.
            
“Hyukjae! What are you doing?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed taking Hyukjae up from his arm and making all the pieces to fall again.
            
Hyukjae pried Kyuhyun’s hand away from his arm and he clenched his now bleeding fists. “You asked me to fight with you, you wanted me to do it but Kyuhyun, I can’t do that if I’m alone, I can’t go through all this again.”
            
Kyuhyun gasped and started panicking. “No Hyukjae, please… I can do better.”
            
“No Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae looked up at him with swollen and red eyes. “You can’t and me neither, I don’t have the strength to fight her again, I can’t keep on receiving hits and insults every time she sees me, I just can’t Kyuhyun…”
            
Kyuhyun hugged Hyukjae, something he wished to do since a long while and Hyukjae cried against his shoulder. “Please Hyukjae… no one has ever fought for me… please…”
            
Hyukjae pushed Kyuhyun away and in that very instant, Kyuhyun’s heart broke. “I’ll leave this place,” he said firmly.
            
Kyuhyun gasped. “Hyukjae, you can’t do that, the court will take everything away from you! Even your own possessions!” 
            
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and shed some more tears. “I don’t care Kyuhyun… you want the money?! I’ll give you all the ing money! I don’t want any! I don’t want anything to do with this family! I want to run away and be only with my daughter because she’s the only thing I have left!”
            
“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. “You’re not being serious!” he said frowning. “You’ll ruin Chaerin’s life! You have nothing! What will you do to keep her in school and pay for her clothes and needs! You can’t!”
            
“But I’ll find the way,” Hyukjae said stepping back. “I can’t stand this all over again! I can’t keep on being humiliated just because I’m poor! You have no idea how painful it is to be rejected!” Hyukjae bit his lower lip deeply, so hard that he could taste his own blood. “My own family pushed me away! I was a baby! I didn’t’ know anything and even like that they decided I wasn’t worth to fight for me! Even if they were poor, it has nothing to do! I will take Chaerin with me and I’ll take her ahead, I’ll raise her well, I don’t need money, I need to keep her by my side and telling her that I love her because that has been the only thing I have yearned for my entire life and the only man that gave me that was Siwon and now he’s death!”
            
Kyuhyun shook his head and hugged Hyukjae again. “Don’t leave Hyukjae… please don’t leave… please… not you too… Hyukjae, I won’t be able to stand it. I can’t live like this… please…,” and Hyukjae could feel how Kyuhyun’s tears were staining his shirt and he wanted to hug back, to tell Kyuhyun how much he wanted them to be together but it was difficult.
            
“It wasn’t my decision Kyuhyun, it was you the one deciding for me,” Hyukjae said coldly. “This was so wrong in the very first place…”
            
Kyuhyun shook his head and hugged Hyukjae tighter. He was vulnerable, exposed to Hyukjae and the smaller was breaking him. Maybe because he deserved it. “Hyukjae… don’t leave me… please don’t leave me… I need you…,” Kyuhyun cried.
            
“You wanted the money from the very beginning, I’ll just give you what you want and I’ll be gone…,” Hyukjae said pushing Kyuhyun away.
            
Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hands and interlaced their fingers, he could feel Hyukjae’s blood against his palm but he didn’t want to let go. “I can do this… I’ll leave everything if you ask me to, we can simply run away and be together, I’ll take good care of Chaerin, you know I love her… but please don’t leave me.”
            
Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun with blurry eyes. Kyuhyun needed someone to love and to give love, Kyuhyun was a passionate lover who was willing to leave everything for his partner.
            
“This is not about leaving everything behind Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said freeing his hands and once again, breaking Kyuhyun’s heart. “This is about how we can’t fight together.”
            
“Hyukjae, please,” Kyuhyun begged again and again, he wouldn’t get tired of it. “I will do everything you want me to, if you want me to beg on my knees I’ll do so, even here over the glass, I don’t care, I just need you here by my side… please Hyukjae… please don’t leave me.”
            
Hyukjae shook his head and stepped back. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun… but I can’t do this… not anymore.”
            
Hyukjae walked to his room and Kyuhyun could do nothing but stay there, standing in the living room with his heart shattered like the glass on the floor. No, he couldn’t allow it once again. This time Kyuhyun was going to try his best to make Hyukjae stay by his side.
            
Kyuhyun wasn’t going to give up so easily.
           
up