Ch. [25]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down

Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly, groaning lightly as he saw Kyuhyun sitting down by his side. “Kyuhyun?” he called, standing up slowly.

Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand and intertwined their fingers together, kissing the back of it gently. “How are you feeling?” he asked softly, smiling lightly.

Hyukjae took his free hand to his tummy and bit his lower lip. “I-I’m fine… what happened?” he asked, worried.

Kyuhyun noticed, he now noticed every small movement Hyukjae did and how everything was meant to protect that small life growing within him. “You fainted, the doctor said you should eat better,” Kyuhyun informed, and how much he wished for Hyukjae to tell him he was pregnant, because it was obvious now, for his movements, how he knew his own condition.

Hyukjae nodded and looked away. “I will,” he assured, feeling how Kyuhyun squeezed his hand. “What time is it? What about Chaerin?”

Kyuhyun smiled. “She’s still in the operating room, but as far as I know, she’s doing well and the surgery is almost done.”

Hyukjae sighed in relief and looked at Kyuhyun, cupping his face in between his hands. “You look tired Kyuhyun. Yu haven’t slept in days,” he said worried. “Maybe you should go home and sleep for a few hours.”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I won’t let you alone here,” he said firmly and took Hyukjae’s hand, kissing the palm of it before leaning closer to steal a soft kiss in Hyukjae’s lips.

They stayed in silence for a few minutes, in which Kyuhyun couldn’t stop looking into Hyukjae’s brown eyes. “Is that why you don’t want to live with me?” he suddenly asked and Hyukjae jumped slightly.

“What do you mean?” And Hyukjae knew he shouldn’t be feeling so scared of a simple question.

Kyuhyun took one of his hands down to Hyukjae’s tummy, caressing it lovingly. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Hyukjae felt his heart jumping out of his place and he felt how tears started forming in his eyes. How much he hated the mood swings of pregnancy. “I-”

“You know how much I wanted a baby,” Kyuhyun said smiling gently. “And you know how much I want you,” he continued now looking up. “Why didn’t you tell me when this is making me so happy right now?”

“I-I…,” Hyukjae’s tears went down and he covered his face with his hands, crying loudly.

Kyuhyun stood up from his seat and hugged Hyukjae tightly. “You’re carrying my baby Hyukjae,” he whispered lovingly. “How more perfect can you get?”

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae cried, gripping on Kyuhyun’s shirt tightly. He wanted to tell Kyuhyun that the one being extremely perfect was him.

Kyuhyun was pure, a man that had only love to give. Kyuhyun was willing to give his all and not expect anything in return. He was innocent and kind. Kyuhyun was the one who was perfect. 

Kyuhyun smiled and caressed Hyukjae’s hair when the smaller hid his face against his chest. “You’ve been going through a lot Hyukjae,” he whispered. “Please let me be your guarding from now on.”

Hyukjae shook his head, still being unable to talk because his tears didn’t allowed him to. How much he wanted to yell that he was the one wanting to protect Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun simply smiled, there was bright in his eyes, illusion because he was getting everything he ever asked for and nothing could be more perfect. “Thank you Hyukjae,” he said sincerely. “Thanks for making me the happiest man on earth.”

And Hyukjae threw himself to Kyuhyun. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun,” he cried. “I’m sorry for the restriction order… I’m sorry for leaving, I’m sorry for not fighting… I’m so sorry… I just want you to be happy but I’m useless… I don’t know how to do that.”

Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Hyukjae tightly. “You are making me happy Hyukjae, more than anything else.”

Hyukjae kept on crying for minutes, Kyuhyun did what he wanted, hug him tightly until his body stopped trembling and his loud cries became soft sobs. “Kyu…,” Hyukjae called parting away from the hug, with slightly swollen eyes. “I’m sorry… I really do… I just don’t know what to do anymore…”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Then just come with me, we can do this Hyukjae,” he said gently. “We can fight now, we’re a family.”

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, trying to find any race of a lie. But it was impossible, because Kyuhyun would never lie at him. “A family…,” Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Oh Kyuhyun…,” he shook his head. “I’ve ruined every family I’ve been in… What if I’m ruining you too? I’m not good enough for you Kyuhyun, I don’t want you to feel tied to me because you’ve always wanted a baby. I won’t be able to stand it if this family also rejects me.”

“I will never do that,” Kyuhyun said serious. “Hyukjae, why don’t you believe me? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it until my lungs run out of breath, I love you, I love you so much and there’s nothing else I want that raise those two children together,” he said with tears in his eyes. “Why can’t you believe my words? I love you.”

Hyukjae couldn’t stand it, to see Kyuhyun like that. He said nothing and kissed Kyuhyun’s lips softly. “I’ll do it Kyuhyun,” he said determined. “I’ll fight for you, we’ll fight for you.”

Kyuhyun felt his body shivering from happiness, he hugged Hyukjae tightly. So tightly that it reached a point he was worried if he was hurting the baby but he didn’t stop after Hyukjae assured him he wasn’t.

Kyuhyun couldn’t stop himself from smiling all the while, he couldn’t stand it if he wasn’t touching Hyukjae, or better yet, caressing his tummy in which his seed was planted and now was growing in a tiny little life. “Chaerin thinks it’s going to be a boy,” Hyukjae said nervously, waiting for Chaerin’s surgery to finally reach an end.

“How better could it be?” Kyuhyun asked. “A boy or a girl, I don’t mind, it’s going to be already half perfect because it came from you.”

When the doctors came out, Hyukjae quickly stood up, his heart suddenly skipping a bit but feeling slightly better because the doctor was smiling. “The surgery was a success, Chaerin will be now taken to her room and you can see her there after a few hours.”

“When will she wake up?” Kyuhyun asked taking Hyukjae’s hand and squeezing it gently. 

“Maybe tomorrow, we’ll give her pain killers because her head will hurt a lot,” the doctor said. “But we can almost assure the seizures will disappear from now on and she will be able to enjoy a normal life again.” 

Hyukjae smiled widely in relief, leaning his tired body against Kyuhyun’s equally tired one. But Kyuhyun held him steady, firmly against his strong form. “Thank you,” Kyuhyun said sincerely and Hyukjae nodded as well, thanking the doctor deeply.

The doctor had to go away and Hyukjae and Kyuhyun could only wait for them to be able to visit Chaerin’s room again.
        
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
Hyukjae caressed his daughter’s hand as he smiled gently and looked at the sleeping girl in the small bed. He smiled even wider because Kyuhyun was also sleeping by her side, just crumbled there while holding Chaerin’s other hand gently. He looked like a small kid and Hyukjae swore he would give his all to see Kyuhyun smiling gently in his sleep as he was doing right then.

Hyukjae stood up tiredly, because Kyuhyun had made him eat twice he usually did and now he was so full as to move. He kissed Chaerin’s cheek and then Kyuhyun’s forehead softly, smiling because he still had so much love to give.

“Hyuk?” Kyuhyun moaned, making Hyukjae know he was waking up.

“Ah sorry Kyu, did I wake you up?” Hyukjae asked biting his lower lip and Kyuhyun opened his eyes, rubbing them slowly before standing up from the bed and stretching his body. 

“It’s okay… I had never been woken up like this,” Kyuhyun admitted with a soft smile, going towards Hyukjae and hugging him gently. “It’s nice.”

Hyukjae blushed and turned towards Chaerin, biting his lower lip. “Maybe I’ll wake you up like this from now on…,” he mumbled almost silently.

Kyuhyun had a hard time trying to understand Hyukjae’s words, but when he finally did, he smiled and kissed his forehead. “I’ll be delighted,” he said and leaned down to kiss Hyukjae’s womb gently. “I can’t wait…,” he said with a gently smile.

Hyukjae chuckled. “You have to,” he said and Kyuhyun sighed, kissing his womb once more before going up to kiss Hyukjae’s lips gently.

“And I will,” Kyuhyun promised. “Patiently,” he said before kneeling down and smiling at Hyukjae’s womb. “Don’t hurry up, you stay inside until you’re ready.”

Hyukjae smiled gently and caressed Kyuhyun’s hair lovingly. “You should go and sleep in your house Kyuhyun, it’s not healthy staying like this for you and I can wait here.”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “No Hyuk, I just woke up, I’m fine,” he said. “But I’ll take you home and then wait here for Chaerin to wake up.”

Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “No Kyu… I can’t go… I won’t be able to rest if I go and leave her here alone…”

“She won’t be alone,” Kyuhyun assured. “She’ll be with me, so let’s go, I need you to rest because we can’t take risks with our baby there,” he said and he kissed Hyukjae’s womb again before standing up and pecking Hyukjae’s lips. 

Hyukjae blushed softly and smiled gently. “Will you make me know if she wakes up?” he asked as he saw Kyuhyun getting his coat and rounding his shoulders with it.

“I promise,” Kyuhyun said hugging Hyukjae gently and fixing the coat neatly. Hyukjae didn’t have to be cold and he had to take a good care of his body from then on. “Let’s go Hyuk.”

Hyukjae nodded and turned towards Chaerin. “I’ll be back soon baby,” he said kissing the small girl’s cheek and going out with Kyuhyun guiding him by the waist.

As soon as they got in the car, Hyukjae fell asleep and Kyuhyun chuckled, how tired he had to be to fall asleep so easily? He chuckled and reached for Hyukjae’s seatbelt, securing the other and driving carefully to his house.

Hyukjae was still sleeping when they arrived and Kyuhyun didn’t mind in waking him up. He slid his hands carefully and lifted Hyukjae’s slim body, taking him into his house and towards his bed. 

Kyuhyun smiled and caressed Hyukjae’s cheek lovingly, leaning down and kissing his forehead. “How can you do this?” he asked in almost a whisper. “How can you have everything I have ever wished? How can you be this perfect?”

And he smiled when Hyukjae leaned against his touch. “Kyuhyun…,” he mumbled almost inaudibly. 

Kyuhyun smiled and fixed himself in the bed, facing Hyukjae in front of him. “I’m right here Hyukkie,” he said and took Hyukjae’s hand, caressing the back of it with his thumb.

It didn’t take a minute for Hyukjae to open his eyes slowly, rubbing them gently with his free hand. “Kyuhyun?” he called with those pouty lips and bright eyes.

“I’m here Hyuk,” Kyuhyun assured pressing their foreheads together.

Hyukjae smiled tiredly and hugged Kyuhyun tightly, cuddling against his body. “I’m tired Kyu…,” he admitted and Kyuhyun sighed, his back. “And…,” he bit his lower lip against Kyuhyun’s chest. “And I’m also craving for something spicy…”

Kyuhyun chuckled and kissed Hyukjae’s hair. “I’ll go and buy something for you then,” he said gently. “You should sleep a little more while I go and come back again.”

Hyukjae hugged Kyuhyun tighter. “But I don’t want you to leave,” he admitted in a whisper.

Kyuhyun smiled and stayed in his place, hugging Hyukjae back and sighing deeply. “After Chaerin is discharged from the hospital…,” he started and felt Hyukjae cuddle even more against him. “Just come back to this house, we can raise a family here, it’s big and I can protect you…”

Hyukjae sighed and nuzzled his face against Kyuhyun’s chest. “C-Can I...,” he gulped nervously. “C-Can I then… umm… sleep together with you?” he asked shyly, and even when Kyuhyun couldn’t see, he was sure Hyukjae was blushing madly.

Kyuhyun laughed gently. “Like this?” he asked while he felt his tangled legs and molding bodies.

Hyukjae nodded against Kyuhyun’s chest, gripping on the latter’s shirt tightly.

“Of course Hyuk, I won’t let you go from now on,” Kyuhyun said smiling gently. “I’ll love you and give you my all because you’re giving me the happiness I have always wished for.”

Hyukjae smiled shyly and pushed himself away slightly, looking at Kyuhyun and kissing his lips gently. “I love you,” he whispered and Kyuhyun smiled widely, kissing back immediately.

“And I love you too, Hyukkie.”
     
up