Ch. [27]

Blue Tomorrow

down

        
Hyukjae smiled gently when he saw Kyuhyun drinking tea with Chaerin and his stuffed animals, talking about how Mrs. Bear was really mean to Mr. Bunny the other day but that Chaerin knew they liked each other.

“I saw them holding hands one day,” Kyuhyun said nodding for himself and Chaerin gasped.

“Really?!” Chaerin exclaimed unbelievably. “When?” she asked and Kyuhyun leaned closer, as if it was a secret.

“The day when Mr. Donkey fell down and everyone was busy helping him up,” Kyuhyun confessed serious and Chaerin nodded, still with wide open eyes.

“Is Mr. Donkey alright?” Chaerin asked and Kyuhyun nodded.

“He just slipped,” Kyuhyun said and drank more of his fake tea.

“More tea?” Chaerin asked and Kyuhyun smiled.

“Please,” the taller said politely.

Hyukjae sighed and leaned against the door’s frame, smiling gently at how much Kyuhyun loved Chaerin and how he was becoming a real father for her. It was obvious Kyuhyun didn’t want to replace Siwon but only to love Chaerin as a second father.

It was after a few minutes that Kyuhyun realized Hyukjae was there and dedicated him a sweet smile, continue playing and watching how Chaerin grew tired slowly.

And it was after a while that Chaerin was sleepy enough and yawned. Kyuhyun stood up and went to the small girl. “Come on pretty, let’s get you to bed,” he said gently and carried the small girl to her bed, covering her with the soft blanket and kissing her forehead before walking to the door to kiss Hyukjae’s lips gently.

Hyukjae smiled and clasped their hands together, pulling Kyuhyun out of the room to leave Chaerin in a silent room. “Aren’t you hungry?” he asked when they reached the living room and Kyuhyun chuckled, rounding his arms around Hyukjae’s waist room behind, his hand caressing his tummy softly.

“I’ll visit my mother tonight,” Kyuhyun said and he sighed when he felt Hyukjae tensing up in his embrace. “I really want her to approve this.”

Hyukjae looked down and bit his lower lip. “S-Should I go with you?” he asked and it made Kyuhyun happy that Hyukjae was willing to fight for him.

Kyuhyun kissed Hyukjae’s cheek and smiled gently. “Let me tell her first,” he said. “I don’t want you to get into a risky situation now,” he reminded caressing the now four month womb of the smaller.

Hyukjae sighed and nodded, turning around to kiss Hyukjae’s lips. “Be careful Kyuhyun,” he asked cupping the taller’s cheeks and smiling gently. “And please come back safely.”

“I will Hyuk,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Nothing will happen to me, I promise,” and Kyuhyun was conscious that now that Hyukjae was pregnant, he worried way too much and was always nervous and anxious whenever he went to work.

“Call me when you reach there okay?” Hyukjae asked biting his lower lip and Kyuhyun nodded, leaning down to capture his lips into a soft kiss.

“Don’t worry Hyuk, I’m perfectly fine and I always travel there to see her, you know I can take care of myself well,” Kyuhyun said, fully knowing that Hyukjae was even more scared of the road than his mother.

Hyukjae sighed and nodded. “Will you come back tomorrow?” he asked, because it was late already as to go and come back the same day.

Kyuhyun hummed and sighed deeply. “I won’t take long, I promise,” he said and Hyukjae smiled gently, caressing Kyuhyun’s hair gently.

“It’s okay, take your time,” Hyukjae said, because even when Jihyun hated him, she was still the only family Kyuhyun had left and he didn’t want to be the one breaking that bond.

It wasn’t the first time, neither the last one, that Kyuhyun visited his mother.

“Does she know?” Hyukjae once asked as the cuddled against each other on the bed, her womb way bigger by then because he had almost six months of pregnancy.

They decided they would get married after the baby was born and it was going to be then that they would meet Jihyun to convince her to give them her blessing.

“She knows you’re back living with me…,” Kyuhyun trailed sighing deeply. “She just doesn’t know we’re pregnant.”

Hyukjae giggled. “We?” he asked playfully, trying to ease the mood. “Kyuhyun, the one getting tired and swollen here it’s me,” he reminded and Kyuhyun chuckled before kissing Hyukjae’s forehead.

“But it’s me the one who gives you massages and sings you to sleep,” Kyuhyun said pouting lightly.

Hyukjae giggled and, as he could, kissed Kyuhyun’s pout away, laughing softly because his womb parted them apart.

Hyukjae turned around so his back was pressed against Kyuhyun’s chest and Kyuhyun caressed his womb gently, sighing loudly and closing his eyes because even when his mother was still not accepting their relationship, they were happy. “Hyuk…,” he called after a while.

“Yes?” Hyukjae asked closing his eyes and ready to sleep.

Kyuhyun stood silent for some seconds before opening his mouth to speak. “I’m working on the restriction order over my mother…,” he said carefully.

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely and froze. “W-What?” he had tried hard to keep her away from him, he wished Kyuhyun would wait at least until the baby was born. But then again, if he had decided to fight for Kyuhyun, he had to confront her sooner or later.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “Hyuk… I just can’t decide between you and my mother… I love you both and I’ll give my all for you… but Hyuk… I just wish you two would get along well…”

Hyukjae swallowed nervously, biting his lower lip deeply. “You know I’ve been trying ever since years ago…”

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’ll talk to her Hyukkie… she’s not like that, she’s a good person.”

Hyukjae looked away, even when he wasn’t facing Kyuhyun. “I know…,” he said, because if she wasn’t a good person, she wouldn’t have been able to raise two perfect sons.

Kyuhyun kissed Hyukjae’s shoulder. “Thanks Hyuk…,” he whispered. “Just let’s take our time… I promise you everything will get better.”

Hyukjae nodded absent minded. If the restriction order was gone, that meant Jihyun could do whatever she wished and he didn’t know if he could stand it anymore. “Kyuhyun…,” he called after a few seconds.

“Yes Hyukkie?” Kyuhyun asked gently.

Hyukjae closed his eyes. “I love you.”

Kyuhyun smiled. “And I love you too.”
           
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
          
Hyukjae sighed deeply as he walked around the mall, looking for the dress Chaerin needed for the school’s performance she was in. He smiled at the girl holding his hand gently, hiding behind him because she had always been afraid of big crowds.

Chaerin was already five years old and Hyukjae couldn’t believe it how fast time goes and now he was almost 32 weeks of pregnancy, slightly more than seven months. Doctors had told him the baby was perfect and it was healthy.

Neither Kyuhyun nor Hyukjae wanted to know if it was going to be a boy or a girl, they were almost sure it was going to be a boy anyways. “Noona will buy you sweets when you come out,” Chaerin said when Hyukjae sat down on a bench, tired already from walking too much and carrying such a huge weight inside him.

Chaerin leaned down to kiss Hyukjae’s clothed womb. “And then when you grow up and become handsome, I’ll keep the girls away from you,” she said giggling. “And I’ll find a perfect wife for you!”

Hyukjae chuckled and patted Chaerin’s hair lovingly, making the girl smile widely at him and hugging him tightly.

“Come on baby, it’s time to come back home, Kyu oppa will be there soon,” Hyukjae said standing up with difficulties and sighing loudly, resting his hands in his lower back because he was tired already.

Chaerin nodded and carried the light bag with her dress in her small hands, holding Hyukjae’s hand automatically.

They walked until Hyukjae stopped abruptly, opening his eyes widely when he spotted a certain woman he was avoiding ever since forever.

Hyukjae stepped back and looked away, looking at Chaerin who was looking back at him worriedly. “Mommy?” she called titling her head in confusion.

“Baby, let’s go the other way around,” Hyukjae said tugging on Chaerin’s hands and turning around.

The restriction order was gone since some weeks ago, which only meant Jihyun could go and meet him and everything would be legal. He couldn’t defend himself when he was pregnant and there was Chaerin holding his hand. He had to protect their babies.

But life played with his destiny and he found himself facing Jihyun. Chaerin hid behind his back and trembled lightly as he, himself, was scared. “H-Hello…,” Hyukjae greeted politely, bowing his head as he saw how Jihyun’s piercing glare was posed in his already prominent womb.

There was a death silence, Hyukjae wanted to run away but he couldn’t even move his legs. 

“I-I’ll be leaving then…,” Hyukjae said lowly. “H-Have a good day.”

Hyukjae turned, ready to leave before feeling how his hair was grabbed tightly and he was turned around violently. “You didn’t have enough with my first son right? You ! You slept with my Kyuhyun! Is this his baby or you got pregnant for another man? Huh?”

Hyukjae flinched in pain and looked how people gathered around them, with Hyukjae not being able to move because his hair was being pulled still violently. “P-Please let me go…,” he begged.

Jihyun shook Hyukjae’s body hardly, making the male protect his tummy with his hands and Chaerin to try to stop the woman. “Mommy! Let go of my mom!” she yelled hitting the woman’s leg uselessly.

Jihyun frowned deeply and looked at Hyukjae. “Not only Siwon but Kyuhyun too! How dare you!”

Hyukjae flinched and took his hand to his head, trying to pry Jihyun’s hand away from him. “Please let me go,” he said and he yelled in pain when the woman pulled him and shook his body violently.

“When Kyuhyun told me you were living together I thought it was because he felt pity for you!” Jihyun exclaimed, frowning deeply when Chaerin try to free her mother from her hands. “You’re like a plague! Invading our family expertly!”

“Mommy!” Chaerin cried and she yelled when she was kicked away by Jihyun.

“Chaerin!” Hyukjae screamed and felt how frustration was growing within him.

“Mrs., please let him go! He’s pregnant!” a man exclaimed trying to defend Hyukjae but Jihyun glared at him, scaring him away.

It was just a matter of seconds. Seconds in which neither Hyukjae or Jihyun knew how it happened, how Hyukjae was now stumbling down the stairs while curling his body to protect his baby, even if it was useless.

Jihyun froze, it wasn’t her intention. She wasn’t a murderer, she could hate Hyukjae but not the baby, not when it was her grandchild.

Screams and yells could be heard as they saw Hyukjae rolling down. “MOMMY!” Chaerin cried desperately, her voice echoing through the entire mall, making some people turn around, some others covered their eyes and most of them also yelled in fear for the pregnant male.

Jihyun froze when the body finally stopped rolling down. Hyukjae wasn’t conscious and he wasn’t moving, his hands and legs were still protecting his womb unconsciously.

“Mommy! Mommy!” Chaerin cried as she ran down the stairs, crying loudly and letting go of her tears because she was scared, terrified. “Mommy!” she called when she reached the body, shaking it lightly. “Mommy wake up!” she exclaimed desperately. “Mommy! Open your eyes! Mom!”

But Hyukjae’s body didn’t move, he didn’t open his eyes and Chaerin started trembling in fear when she could see blood emerging from Hyukjae’s lower region. “MOMMY!”

Some men quickly approached the scene and Chaerin was held back.

“What are you doing to him! Let mommy alone! Chaerin cried fighting to get free and run to his mother’s body that was now being surrounded by some people. “Let mommy alone! You’re scaring my brother!”

Jihyun could only freeze in his place, looking down at the scene and trembling lightly as she watched at her hands. It wasn’t her intention, she has never wanted that to happen. She only wanted to make Hyukjae know how much she disliked him. Jihyun wasn’t a murderer.

She could only see how Chaerin cried and fought to get by his mother’s side. She could only see how much blood Hyukjae was losing and how some paramedics came almost instantly.

But then, Jihyun could see nothing and she fainted listening to one fading yell coming from a small girl. “MOMMY!”
           
up