Ch. [23]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Kyuhyun sighed as he finally finished one of all the things he had pending. He tried to look for some documents that were missing Siwon’s signature to finally have an excuse to look for Hyukjae, even if it had to be in front of their lawyers and police officers.
            
He was nervous, it was the day the judge would decide if he had to continue having the restriction order and his lawyers were really positive about it. But then again, the judge had agreed on it ever since the beginning, which only meant there was a good reason he probably didn’t know behind it.
            
His cell phone rang and he groaned, not in the mood to answer. He left it keep ringing until he felt guilty and at least looked at the caller.
            
Kyuhyun almost fell down his chair and his heart pounded fast against his chest as he saw Hyukjae’s number displaying in the small screen. He answered almost instantly, worried that he would miss it. “Hyukjae,” he called loving and longingly.
             
“K-Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called back, shaky and weak voice that only made Kyuhyun even more worried than before.
            
“Hyukjae, is there something wrong?” Kyuhyun asked standing up from nervousness.
            
“I…,” Hyukjae stopped for a second before continuing. “C-Can we talk?”
            
Kyuhyun didn’t know if he should feel happy with his heart fluttering or if he should worry even more. The restriction order was clear, he would get arrested if he was seen with Hyukjae so it had to be something strong.
            
“When?” Kyuhyun asked, maybe Hyukjae knew about the situation, maybe Hyukjae asked to take away the restriction order from him.
            
There were some other seconds of silence and Kyuhyun could hear the place Hyukjae was in wasn’t a calm and silent one because he could hear people yelling and talking from the other line. “I…,” Hyukjae didn’t continue. “C-Can we talk now?” he asked hesitantly and Kyuhyun looked at his watch.
            
“Where are you?” whatever, the court could go to hell, he wasn’t going to lose his chance to be with Hyukjae.
            
“I-I’m in the hospital…,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun didn’t think it anymore. Hyukjae needed him.
            
“Is Chaerin alright? Are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly.
            
Hyukjae let out a soft cry. “I- She’s not…”
            
“I’m going there right now Hyuk, don’t move,” Kyuhyun said already grabbing his keys and jacket. “I’ll call you when I reach there.”
            
The trip to the hospital took even less than he thought. He didn’t need to call Hyukjae because the latter was already in the entrance, waiting for him. “Hyukjae,” he called quickly hugging the smaller man, feeling how good it felt to have Hyukjae’s body molding against his again.
            
“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae hugged him back tightly, as if he was afraid something could happen and the last thing he wanted to do before dying was to hug Kyuhyun. 
            
Kyuhyun didn’t ask when Hyukjae started crying against his chest or when the smaller’s hands were shaking lightly.
            
He missed that. Kyuhyun missed smelling Hyukjae’s scent or hearing his voice. He hadn’t realized before but now it hit him like a hard rock falling over him. He leaned down and kissed Hyukjae’s neck gently, closing his eyes and hugging the smaller tighter. “I’m here,” he whispered and Hyukjae cried louder.
            
“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae couldn’t help himself but cry his name out, unable to even say something else.
            
They stood there for minutes, only hugging each other until Hyukjae calmed down and finally looked at Kyuhyun in the eyes, smiling weakly. “Thanks for coming… I just… I don’t have anyone else and-”
            
“It’s okay Hyukjae, I’m here,” Kyuhyun smiled gently and reached one of his hands to take Hyukjae’s gently, smiling wider because Hyukjae simply blushed lightly and looked away shyly.
            
Hyukjae smiled, this time an honest and beautiful smile. “Thank you,” he said interlacing their fingers together.
            
Kyuhyun felt his heart flattering and he hugged Hyukjae again, hiding his face in the smaller’s shoulder. “I’m so happy you called me Hyukjae… you have no idea how much I wished to see you again and to hear your voice… I just can’t live without you…”
            
Hyukjae bit his lower lip and closed his eyes. Should he admit he was pregnant? Bearing Kyuhyun’s child? Kyuhyun was so perfect that he would definitely be happy. But what would happen to him then? Jihyun would surely kick him out and take away everything from him.
            
“Is Chaerin alright?” Kyuhyun then asked, frowning softly and looking at Hyukjae worried.
            
Hyukjae looked down as he felt his tears forming again. “S-She had another convulsion… a strong one…,” he informed and Kyuhyun sighed.
            
“Did it affect her?” Kyuhyun asked trying to hide the panic he was feeling.
            
Hyukjae shook his head. “She’s stable right now…,” he looked up to Kyuhyun. “Do you want to see her?” he asked with a soft smile and Kyuhyun smiled back, feeling relieved that the girl was fine.
            
“Yes please,” Kyuhyun said holding Hyukjae’s hand steady.
            
They walked hand in hand until they reached a white door and opened it, revealing the small girl playing with a doll in her bed. “Chaerin,” Hyukjae called softly, letting go of Kyuhyun’s hand only to go to his daughter. “Look who’s here,” he said and the girl turned to Kyuhyun.
            
Chaerin gasped and looked back at Hyukjae, as if asking for approval. Hyukjae nodded and the girl automatically grinned, standing up from her bed and going to throw herself to Kyuhyun, hugging the tall man’s legs because she couldn’t reach higher. “Oppa!” she exclaimed happily.
            
Kyuhyun smiled and kneeled down to hug Chaerin tightly. “I missed you princess,” he said lovingly and Chaerin blushed, giggling softly before pecking his cheek.
            
“I missed you too oppa!” the little girl grinned and Kyuhyun smiled wider, letting her cup his face in between her small hands. “Oppa, you’re white,” she giggled gently.
            
Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and a sad expression blinded his face. He looked down and Kyuhyun felt guilty because he didn’t want Hyukjae to worry about him when there was Chaerin.
            
Kyuhyun forgot everything as he felt Chaerin’s small body twitching slightly in his arms and he turned to the girl, panicked because her eyes seemed lost. “Chaerin, pretty,” he called but the small body just started twitching more violently.
            
“Oh god… Chaerin!” Hyukjae exclaimed pressing the button to call the nurses and running towards Kyuhyun who kept hugging Chaerin. “Let her go Kyuhyun, it can be dangerous for you,” he said but Kyuhyun was way too impressed to even listen.
            
It wasn’t a strong convulsion but it became worst. Her eyes rolled to the back and her small body fell on the floor, moving uncontrollably while Hyukjae cried for his daughter, it pained him only to see those attacks and he cried harder as the nurses came and, as they could, injected Chaerin’s medicine.
            
Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely, gaping because he didn’t know what to do and Chaerin was just fine some seconds ago. He went to Hyukjae and hugged him tightly, not being able to tear his gaze apart from the scene.
            
Hyukjae’s body was trembling and finally Kyuhyun could relate to Hyukjae, to the feeling of being useless because he was there but he could do nothing. Hyukjae took his hands to his face, not wanting to see how the male nurses held his small girl on the floor for her not to move and how she was stuffed with something into .
            
“Please go out,” a nursed said pushing both out from the room and Hyukjae shook his head. “Chaerin!” he called, trying to make the girl listen to him but he knew it didn’t work, that the convulsions were becoming more frequent and that the medication was doing nothing to her. “CHAERIN!”
            
“Hyuk, let’s go out,” Kyuhyun said pulling Hyukjae and hugging him tightly, also trying to calm him down.
            
Hyukjae hugged Kyuhyun back and hid his face in his chest. “My baby…,” he cried. “Why is this happening to her?”
            
Kyuhyun felt a huge weight in his chest and he hugged Hyukjae tighter. “It’s okay Hyuk, doctors will find a way to cure her…”
            
Hyukjae cried louder and clenched on Kyuhyun’s cloths tightly. 
            
It took some minutes for Hyukjae to calm down and the nurses to come out and tell Hyukjae that everything was fine and the little girl was now asleep from more medication she got. “She’ll probably go through another one after waking up so please let us know,” the nurse said and Hyukjae simply nodded, not finding his voice.
            
“Thanks,” Kyuhyun said instead, not letting go of Hyukjae’s fragile body.
            
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and caressed his cheek. “Kyuhyun…,” he called with tears in his eyes. “Please help me…”
            
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “Of course I will help you,” he said, unsure of what Hyukjae was talking about.
            
“She was diagnosed with epilepsy,” Hyukjae admitted and Kyuhyun gasped loudly. Chaerin was a small girl, she didn’t deserve it. “But epilepsy is just a symptom,” Hyukjae added and let go of his tears, his face reflecting the fear he felt. “She has a brain tumor.”
            
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and he could feel himself getting teary. “S-She’s just a girl…,” he mumbled not believing Hyukjae’s words.
            
Hyukjae bit his lower lip to prevent his loud sobs to come out. “The doctors got the first diagnostic wrong…,” he explained. “She could have been treated better…”
            
Kyuhyun clenched his fists and frowned. “That doctor. I’ll just-”
            
“No Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said with begging eyes. “Please…Just help me,” he said. “I can’t pay for the surgery but I can’t let my daughter to suffer like this… to wait until one of those convulsions make her brain to collapse, I just can’t…”
            
Kyuhyun looked into those eyes. “You know I’ll do everything I can Hyuk,” he said and hugged Hyukjae tightly. “Everything, I’ll do everything you ask me to.”
            
Hyukjae closed his eyes and hugged Kyuhyun back. How much he wished for him to tell Kyuhyun he was pregnant. Being once more in Kyuhyun’s embrace was making him drunk, drugged even from the happiness. He inhaled Kyuhyun’s sweet scent and he smiled because it was real. “I’ll pay back Kyu,” he said in a mere whisper. 
            
Kyuhyun sighed. “You can pay back by coming to live with me again…,” he said but he knew Hyukjae would reject the idea.
            
Hyukjae smiled against Kyuhyun’s body. “Every cent, I’ll give it back to you,” he said and Kyuhyun sighed deeply, Hyukjae’s back gently.
            
Hyukjae felt something coming to his throat and he opened his eyes widely. Nauseas didn’t leave him alone, not even a second. He pushed Kyuhyun away from him at once and turned around to run towards the bathroom.
            
Kyuhyun gasped and stumbled back as he watched Hyukjae’s back retreating. It took him a second to realize he should follow Hyukjae to the bathroom.
            
When he finally spotted Hyukjae, leaning towards the toilet while throwing up, he sighed and his back lovingly. “Hyukjae, aren’t you eating well?” he asked and he could only worry at Hyukjae panting heavily.
            
Hyukjae closed his eyes and tried to relax himself, taking his hand to his tummy and standing up. “I eat well Kyuhyun,” he assured and went to wash his mouth and face.
            
Kyuhyun hugged him from behind, rounding his waist and resting his chin in Hyukjae’s shoulder. “I missed you Hyukjae, so much…,” he said and Hyukjae could see the honest eyes.
            
Hyukjae smiled when Kyuhyun’s hands went down his tummy, as if he was caressing his own baby. “Me too Kyuhyun,” he said before he could even regret it.
            
Kyuhyun smiled and turned Hyukjae around, kissing his lips softly and feeling his heart jumping in happiness because it has been the only thing he wished to do in weeks. “Let’s get the doctor and tell him about the surgery,” Kyuhyun said when they parted away with him pecking Hyukjae’s lips.
            
Hyukjae blushed and nodded. “I just threw up Kyuhyun…,” he mumbled embarrassed and Kyuhyun chuckled.
            
“And I just kissed you,” Kyuhyun said taking Hyukjae’s hand and intertwining their fingers together and smiling gently at Hyukjae.
            
Oh how much Kyuhyun liked when he was with the smaller.
           
up