Ch. [21]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Kyuhyun arrived earlier than he had to the place in which he was requested to be at from the court. He opened the door nervously, wanting to find Hyukjae sitting there all by himself, alone just like times before in which he was always early.
            
He smiled weakly as soon as he spotted the small male looking through the window, all alone in that meeting room.
            
Kyuhyun closed the door behind him slowly and silently, walking as silent as he could until his arms wrapped around Hyukjae’s waist from behind and his chin rested comfortably over Hyukjae’s shoulder. “Hyukkie…,” he called gently, feeling how Hyukjae was frozen in his embrace. “I’ve been missing you… please come back to me… please.”
            
Hyukjae turned around and bit his lower lip, looking up at Kyuhyun and pushing him away gently. “Don’t do this Kyuhyun, you’re hurting yourself like this.”
            
Kyuhyun felt empty, once more rejected because Hyukjae was no longer in his arms. “No Hyuk,” he said firmly, hugging Hyukjae again. “Don’t you know how much I hate it when you reject me?”
            
Hyukjae pushed Kyuhyun away again but failed to do it gently. “Kyuhyun, let go of me,” he said coldly and it only made Kyuhyun hug Hyukjae tighter, as if expecting his hug to make Hyukjae change his mind. “Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae scolded struggling to be set free.
            
Kyuhyun frowned and shook his head. “You’ll go away if I let you go, you’ll say I hurt you when the only thing I want for you is to be happy…”
            
Hyukjae froze for some seconds before looking into Kyuhyun’s eyes, so full of fear. He wondered if they were so sad because of him. “Please Kyuhyun, don’t make this harder than it already is.”
            
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae for some seconds, not wanting to let go but doing so slowly, letting his hands fall because he hated it, he hated how he couldn’t be strong enough as to keep Hyukjae by his side. “Hyuk…,” he called softly. “Let’s just say to the court that you’re back living with me… that this week was some kind of vacation you took, they’ll understand.”
            
Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and shook his head. “You don’t understand Kyuhyun,” he said with teary eyes. “I can’t keep living like this… I can’t let Chaerin live under so much hate.”
            
Kyuhyun stepped ahead and grabbed Hyukjae’s waist, pushing the smaller towards him. “I’ll protect you Hyukjae,” he said serious. “Please let me be your knight.”
            
Hyukjae gasped softly before soft lips crashed against his and Kyuhyun pulled him closer by the waist.
            
Kyuhyun was pushed away forcefully, a slap landing in his left cheek. It hurt. It wasn’t the first time Hyukjae slapped him but it was definitely the most painful. He looked down in shame, clenching his fists tightly and hating himself for not being enough for him.
            
Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, at the red cheek and the tears dancing in his eyes. He saw how Kyuhyun’s body trembled softly and he had to back away to resist the urge to hug him tightly and not let him go ever. Because there was nothing else Hyukjae wanted but to melt against Kyuhyun’s body.
            
Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Kyu-”
            
The door opened again, revealing Mr. Park, Hyukjae’s lawyer coming in and looking at them with curious eyes. “Are you ready Hyukjae-shi?” he asked ignoring the scene, or more like trying to do so.
            
Hyukjae looked down and nodded, walking to his seat next to Mr. Park’s.
            
Kyuhyun didn’t look up. He simply turned towards the window and stayed silent, not moving even an inch. Hyukjae looked at him and played with his fingers under the table. He wanted to comfort Kyuhyun and tell him that he was sorry, that he could start again.
            
But truth was, Hyukjae had no strength to fight again.
            
Some minutes passed and the door opened again, reveling Jihyun and her lawyers that quickly sat in front of them. Kyuhyun finally turned around, with those cold eyes that Hyukjae remembers seeing the first time they had met. He shivered. He had seen Kyuhyun’s beautiful eyes when he played videogames or played with Chaerin, the begging eyes that he made when he wanted something, the lust filling them when they were alone. Kyuhyun’s nature wasn’t to be cold.
            
“Since we all are here, should we start?” Mr. Park asked with a polite smile and everyone agreed.
            
Kyuhyun was looking at him, at Hyukjae. He was once again piercing his soul, just like always.
            
“As you might already know,” Mr. Park started clearing his throat awkwardly, trying to lift up the tense air. “My client, Mr. Lee, has decided to leave Mr. Choi Kyuhyun’s house.”
            
“And that breaks Mr. Choi Siwon’s will,” the other lawyer took no time to remind.
            
Hyukjae bit his lower lip and looked at Kyuhyun tenderly. “Yes,” Mr. Park said, obviously annoyed because he had been interrupted. “We all must infer that by now,” he then added.
            
The mood was extremely tense again and Kyuhyun couldn’t stop looking at Hyukjae, his eyes now begging for Hyukjae to stop whatever he was doing.
            
“My client has decided on giving up all the inheritance,” Mr. Park announced and Kyuhyun gasped, finally turning towards the lawyer.
            
“It’s rightful ours anyways,” Jihyun commented with a smirk.
            
“What about the insurance’s pension for the girl?” the other lawyer asked cautiously.
            
“Everything,” Mr. Park said again. “Mr. Lee has decided to give you even his personal accounts since they were created by Choi Siwon as a gift. The insurance won’t cover the infant, Chaerin’s case, and all the money will be transferred as soon as possible.”
            
The lawyer and Jihyun smirked, nodding at each other. “We’re glad you’re doing the right thing Mr. Lee,” the lawyer said maliciously and Hyukjae simply ignored him.
            
“So what will you keep?” Kyuhyun asked to Hyukjae who smiled weakly.
            
“Mr. Lee won’t stay with anything,” Mr. Park answered instead firmly. “He’s giving you all.”
            
“What about the car?” Jihyun asked pursing her lips.
            
Mr. Park gasped at how greedy the woman was and he turned towards Hyukjae. “Since the car is under the name of Mr. Lee, it doesn’t count as heritance or possessions that had to be with Choi Siwon, Mrs. Choi,” he explained slowly.
            
“If you also want the car just take it,” Hyukjae said. “Apparently, you need it more than I do.”
            
Jihyun gasped, standing up and grabbing the glass of water in front of her, throwing the content to Hyukjae’s face. “You trash! How dare you?!”
            
“Mother!” Kyuhyun exclaimed also standing up and frowning deeply. “Isn’t it enough that you’re taking away everything from him?! Just let him be!”
            
Jihyun turned towards Kyuhyun and frowned deeply. “Don’t create a scene in front of these persons Kyuhyun,” she warned dangerously.
            
“It was you the one who did it mother,” Kyuhyun said and after receiving a hiss from the woman and the lawyer, they both sat down, not without Jihyun warning Kyuhyun about talking later about that.
            
When Kyuhyun turned again, he saw how Mr. Park was helping Hyukjae clean his face carefully. “Are you okay Hyukjae-shi?” he asked gently and how much Kyuhyun wanted to be in his place.
            
“We hope this incident doesn’t change Mr. Lee’s opinion about the car though,” the other lawyer said carefully and even Kyuhyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing.
            
Mr. Park glared at his colleague. “My client is not as greedy,” he said carefully. “He won’t change his mind.”
            
Even Kyuhyun was proud of the answer. He looked at Hyukjae, who was simply looking down and he wanted to reach for him. Hyukjae had gone through so much already, he didn’t deserve everything that was happening to him. What was he going to do after this? How was he going to live? Where? He had no money and he couldn’t risk himself to lose Chaerin against social services.
            
The lawyer in front of Mr. Park stood up. “Since we’re done here, then I would like to-”
            
“We’re not,” Mr. Park interrupted and signaled to the other man to sit again. “Here, look at this,” he ordered handing the man some pictures that Jihyun took no time to see careful.
            
Jihyun gasped, it was her when she went into Hyukjae’s small room and then there were pictures of the room all messed up. “What’s this?” the lawyer asked frowning deeply and looking at Mr. Park.
            
Kyuhyun looked at the pictures and widened his eyes. He turned to Hyukjae and shook his head. No, it couldn’t be that Hyukjae was thinking in getting the money by suing his mother, right?
            
“As you can see, we have consistent proves that can demonstrate your client harassing mine,” Mr. Park said and Hyukjae was trembling, looking down afraid of Kyuhyun’s eyes. Those innocent eyes that he would soon break.
            
“What do you want?” The other lawyer asked serious, indicating Jihyun to say nothing.
            
“A judge has seen them already,” Mr. Park said firmly. “My client is not intending to ask you for money,” he said and it then became even more confusing than before.
            
“If you took it to a judge that means you want a trial,” the other lawyer threatened but Mr. Park and everyone knew, Hyukjae would win the case effortlessly.
            
“There is only one thing my client wishes and compared to your interests,” Mr. Park said serious. “It’s not money.”
            
“Then what is it?!” The other lawyer exclaimed frustrated.
            
Mr. Park took out a folder with some document inside. “We have lifted restrictions orders, neither Mrs. Choi or Mr. Choi Kyuhyun can come closer to my client or his daughter, not closer than a kilometer.”
            
Everyone gasped, Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “Hyukjae, don’t do this…,” he begged but Hyukjae was looking down, he couldn’t stand it.
            
“If you break the restriction order, legal actions will be taken care of,” Mr. Park explained.
            
“How can you treat me like a criminal?! Do you have any idea of who am I?!” Jihyun exclaimed, standing up offended.
            
“Just don’t get close to my client,” Mr. Park warned. “After you go out from this office, you’re not allowed to contact him any way.”
            
“The girl is her granddaughter; you can’t separate family like this!” The lawyer defended, also offended by the restriction orders. “Let’s go Mrs. Jihyun,” he said standing up.
            
Jihyun pursed her lips and looked at Hyukjae. “This is not going to stay like this,” she warned before going out.
             
Kyuhyun stayed there, even after his mother was left, probably angry enough as to realize that his son wasn’t with her. “Hyukjae,” he called and his voice was broken was Hyukjae looked up at him. “C-Can I talk to you? Please…”
            
Mr. Park stood up. “Remember, as soon as you step outside this room, you cannot contact my client, Mr. Choi,” he said and also went out from the room, leaving the couple alone and locking the door to let them have even more privacy. He knew, after all, that there was something going on
            
Minutes passed, Hyukjae couldn’t stand it and cried loudly, hiding his face against his palms. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun… I’m so sorry,” he apologized endlessly. “But this is the only way I can protect Chaerin.”
            
Kyuhyun stood up and went to where Hyukjae was sitting, turning the chair and kneeling down. “Hyukjae…,” he called with tears in his eyes, hiding his face in Hyukjae’s lap. “Why are you doing this to me?” he asked. “I love you… why?”
            
Hyukjae felt his heart clench. It was the very first time Kyuhyun told him those words and he froze, taking his shaky hands to caress Kyuhyun’s hair gently. “K-Kyuhyun…,” he called and the taller looked up at him with tears in his eyes.
            
“Stop this Hyukjae… let’s just run away… just stop hurting us both… you love me I know,” Kyuhyun said, begging on his knees for Hyukjae to change his mind. “Please Hyuk… please don’t do this to me… please don’t.”
            
Hyukjae couldn’t control his tears, he couldn’t see clearly how Kyuhyun’s eyes were begging for him. “I can’t Kyuhyun… I can’t ask you to leave everything but I can’t fight… I’m sorry… I’m sorry Kyuhyun, I’m really sorry.”
            
Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hands and squeezed them gently. “Hyuk,” he called. “What will it be from you? What will be of Chaerin? You’re taking away her future! You can’t do that to her! Think about her. Don’t leave me, don’t push me away.”
            
“It’s because of her that I’m doing this Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said between sobs. “She doesn’t have to go through all this… You have no idea how hard is to face rejection… more than once… She’s just a small girl, she doesn’t deserve this.”
            
Kyuhyun stood up and looked at Hyukjae. “Please.. I’m begging you Hyukjae. I’ll do anything you want me to… just stay by my side, just let me be by your side and Chaerin’s.”
            
Hyukjae stood as well and smiled weakly. “You have so much love to give Kyuhyun…,” he said gently, caressing Kyuhyun’s cheeks lovingly.
            
“But the one I want to give it to is rejecting me,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae could feel his heart clenching.
            
“Kyu-”
            
Hyukjae’s words were cut as Kyuhyun’s soft lips landed over his, kissing him softly before desperately.
            
Hyukjae kissed back, hugging Kyuhyun tightly and allowing the taller to pull him closer by the waist.
            
They didn’t care where they were or how much time they had. They forgot everything and made love in the coldness of that room, with Kyuhyun begging for Hyukjae to stay and stop that madness. They were both crying as Kyuhyun filled Hyukjae with his seed, hugging him tightly. “Hyukjae… I love you… I love you so much already.”
            
Hyukjae cried harder. “Oh Kyuhyun…,” he exclaimed. “How much I wish I would have met you in another circumstance,” he cried. “I love you… I love you and you have no idea of how much it hurts.”
            
They kissed one last time until Hyukjae dressed himself and went out from the room.
            
Kyuhyun wasn’t allowed to follow him. He was stopped outside the building because he couldn’t get close to Hyukjae from then on and he cried, he fell on his knees and begged but it didn’t work and his heart was gone, gone with Hyukjae.
           
up