Ch. [04]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Hyukjae bit his lower lip. He barely had money to spend for two more weeks and the bank account Siwon had for him was still frozen. He sighed as he turned around to see his daughter sleeping peacefully. He closed his eyes tiredly after watching the clock and realizing it was two in the morning already and he still hadn’t slept at all. 
            
He stretched his body quietly before grabbing some clothes and going out to shower himself, trying to be as silent as possible because he knew any kind of sound could wake Kyuhyun up. And it was until the water was running down his body that Hyukjae remembered he had his own account. Siwon had created it for him with enough money for a lifetime but Hyukjae had decided not to touch it since he had to prevent Chaerin’s school feeds until the end of the university and he knew it wasn’t going to be cheap.
            
Hyukjae went out of the shower, sighing loudly and walking into the room Kyuhyun had given them. He prepared Chaerin’s things for the school and took out the news paper he had bought the day before to mark, once again, the jobs he could apply for.
            
The next day, just as the day before, they didn’t see Kyuhyun when they went out of the house and as soon as Hyukjae left Chaerin in the kindergarten, he drove off to look for his job and maybe, just maybe, change his car and get some cash from it. It was too luxurious anyways.
            
“I’m sorry, but we need you to be available at least for these hours,” the woman said and Hyukjae sighed deeply.
            
“It’s okay, thanks,” Hyukjae bowed and went out of the store, marking a ‘X’ over the ob he had listed because there was no way he would leave Chaerin alone in the mean time.
            
He didn’t have luck that day and when he went to get Chaerin again from the kindergarten, he was already drained. “Mommy… hungry…,” Chaerin mumbled and Hyukjae smiled.
            
“What would you like to eat baby?” he asked as he fixed Chaerin’s seat belt around her small body.
            
Chaerin grinned. “Daddy’s favorite meal!” she chirped and Hyukjae smiled weakly, pursing his lips tightly in order to not break down right there.
            
“Let’s go then,” Hyukjae said and drove to the nearest restaurant.
            
It would be easier for Hyukjae if only he was allowed to use Kyuhyun’s kitchen, but he was extremely scared to even ask for it. 
            
That afternoon, when Hyukjae came to Kyuhyun’s house, the latter was on the living room, walking around the small table and yelling at someone through the phone. He seemed to be even madder when he looked at Hyukjae entering and the smaller simply bowed to him, quickly going to their room with Chaerin being dragged by the hand.
            
Even after two weeks of being living in that house, Kyuhyun had ignored them completely. They would collide with each other and even when Hyukjae smiled faintly at him and would try to start a nice conversation, Kyuhyun would glare at him, mumble some insults and turn around
            
Hyukjae couldn’t get a proper job in which he had time to spend with his daughter and he couldn’t risk it finding an easy one because the court and social services were all over him, watching each one of his movements carefully.
            
Three weeks passed and the only word he shared with Kyuhyun was ‘disgusting’ which did no good to him. 
            
Hyukjae didn’t know anymore, what was better, if Kyuhyun glaring and being mad at him or Kyuhyun completely ignoring him. It was as if they were so horrible that Kyuhyun found the need to ignore their existence and pretend they were nothing, not even trash. And the third week, when Kyuhyun came home and found Hyukjae sitting on the couch, reviewing some papers, he looked at the smaller intently and Hyukjae stood up, fidgeting nervously and looking down. “Y-You’re back…,” he said shyly. “W-Welcome…”
            
Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes and looked at him up and down, a disgusted expression clear in his face. “What did he see in you?” he suddenly asked and Hyukjae turned up shocked at the question, opening his eyes widely.
            
“W-What?” Hyukjae asked confused, thinking that Chaerin was so lucky of being sleeping on the bed in their room. “I-I don’t know…,” he finally answered looking down, his voice merely a whisper.
            
“I do,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae bit his shaky lower lip, swallowing his own tears. “He saw someone he should pity, you’re disgusting.”
            
Hyukjae looked down, feeling one tear falling down. “You’re wrong…,” he whispered shaking his head, he was tired, frustrated, drained just thinking on how much Kyuhyun hated him. 
            
Kyuhyun frowned deeply, pursing his lips in disgust. “That’s what you want to believe,” he said. “Siwon’s soul mate was supposed to be someone with class, beautiful, kind, not a family ruiner like yourself. I can understand though, why your own family rejected you.”
            
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun, clenching his fists in anger. Him having no family was a deep wound he didn’t want to touch but Kyuhyun just reopened it. “Not everyone is as lucky as you as to be born in a wealthy family,” he said locking his gaze with Kyuhyun’s one.
            
Kyuhyun stepped ahead and for some seconds, Hyukjae actually feared for his life. “Is that why you seduced my brother? To take all the money?”
            
Hyukjae gasped. “No!” he yelled. “It’s not like that! I loved him! I still do! Why can’t you understand?!”
            
Kyuhyun frowned and grabbed Hyukjae’s arm forcefully, clearly angry with the answer. “Trash can’t love,” he simply said, staring at Hyukjae’s eyes with so much intensity that Hyukjae just wanted to run away, tears sliding down his eyes as he shook his head.
            
“No, you’re wrong,” Hyukjae whispered shaking his head, biting his lower lip and struggling to get away Kyuhyun’s strong grip. “I loved him… so much…”
            
“And his money too right?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae sobbed loudly, shaking his head in denial. “Is that why you ruined my family? Because you wanted to keep all the ing money?!”
            
Hyukjae closed his eyes and looked down. “You’re wrong…,” he cried and flinched when Kyuhyun’s fingers stabbed his skin, probably leaving a mark there.
            
“M-Mommy?”
            
Hyukjae gasped, opening his eyes and drying the tears away as Kyuhyun too, let go of him and went to lock himself into his room without any other word. “Baby, what’s wrong?” Hyukjae asked sweetly, sniffing lightly and walking to his daughter.
            
“Mommy… you’re crying…,” the little girl noticed and Hyukjae could see her teary eyes. “Don’t cry…,” she said with shaky voice.
            
Hyukjae hugged Chaerin tightly, hiding his face in her small shoulder. “I’m not baby…,” he said biting his lip. “It’s just that mommy has something in his eyes…”
            
Chaerin nodded and hugged Hyukjae’s head. “Wash your eyes mommy…,” she said and kissed Hyukjae’s head.
            
Hyukjae smiled, closing his eyes. He had his daughter, she was everything she was going live for and Kyuhyun was not going to make him break down easily. “Let’s go sleep,” he said before standing up and carrying his daughter to the room.
           
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
          
Kyuhyun sighed deeply as he drank his glass of wine. It was merely five in the afternoon but he felt already extremely tired. It has been a month already since Hyukjae moved into his house and he can’t simply sleep peacefully, always hating every second that he spent under the same roof as him. 
            
He closed his eyes tiredly and rested his head on the back of the couch, opening the again when he heard some noise coming from Hyukjae’s room. 
            
Kyuhyun stood silent, only watching carefully as he saw a pair of small legs going out of the room and closing the door carefully. He chuckled silently when he saw the little girl tip toeing to go to the kitchen and leave a small chocolate in the counter.
            
“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked, and he didn’t mean for his voice to sound so cold and distant.
            
Chaerin jumped surprised and took her small hands to her chest, turning around with teary eyes already and looking at Kyuhyun. “I-I… I’m so sorry uncle- sir president…,” she apologized reaching again for the chocolate and bowing to Kyuhyun deeply.
            
Kyuhyun frowned softly before pursing his lips. “What’s that?” he asked signaling Chaerin’s hands and Kyuhyun was slightly amazed to see the girl was blushing lightly.
            
“C-Chocolate…,” Chaerin mumbled slowly and looked down. In that very moment, Kyuhyun saw Hyukjae in the small girl and he felt mad at it. “M-Mommy bought it to me but I didn’t eat it…,” the small girl continued. “I thought that if I left it there you would like to take it and you wouldn’t hate us that much…,” she mumbled playing with her feet and hiding the small chocolate behind her, biting her lower lip. Just like Hyukjae. 
            
“Your mom tells you that I hate you?” Kyuhyun asked annoyed and angry, Hyukjae was even putting ideas into an innocent child’s mind.

The girl was probably not Siwon’s. She was maybe just something Hyukjae used to get his brother to marry him and Kyuhyun felt slightly sorry for her. Hyukjae, the disgusting and cunning Hyukjae would never stop until he saw his whole family ruined.
            
Kyuhyun wasn’t going to allow that. “I’ll take it,” he said reaching his hand up and the girl looked up, a confused expression in her small and defined features before a wide and bright smile made its way to her lips.
            
Just for a fragment of a second, Kyuhyun could swear he saw Siwon in that small girl’s smile.
            
Chaerin ran towards Kyuhyun, presenting the chocolate in front of her with both hands and looking down as a sign of respect.
            
Kyuhyun took the chocolate from her hands and he saw how the girl looked up and smiled brightly at him. He had never seen Hyukjae smile, but Kyuhyun was almost sure it wasn’t anything as the girl’s one, because the girl was beautiful and Hyukjae definitely wasn’t. “What is your mother doing?” he asked curious and Chaerin looked at the direction of their room before looking back at Kyuhyun.
            
“He’s taking a nap, I didn’t want to wake him up because he didn’t sleep last night, I saw him…,” the girl said sitting down in front of Kyuhyun, on the carpet. “Mommy said he had to fix papers…,” she nodded.
            
Kyuhyun raise an eyebrow and the nodded in understanding. Of course, Hyukjae was meant to give monthly reports and to assist to the court and a date with the lawyer in order to fix everything. He frowned and he chuckled bitterly. Everything to keep our money.
            
A small noise came from the room and both turned around, Chaerin quickly stood up and bowed to Kyuhyun. “I’m sorry Sir president, but I think mommy just woke up,” she smiled brightly. “He promised to play with me!” she exclaimed and she bowed one last time before running to their room.
            
It wasn’t even one minute that Chaerin dragged Hyukjae out and Kyuhyun looked at them intently. He gasped softly as he saw Hyukjae placing three chocolates on the counter, just like Chaerin was doing before. He looked at the two go and Chaerin dedicated him a big smile. Hyukjae didn’t even notice he was sitting there.
            
Kyuhyun stood up, going to the kitchen counter and placing his glass of wine over it, watching the chocolates that if he supposed right, were meant for him to eat.
            
He looked at the door and frowned deeply, taking the chocolates and throwing them to the trash can, only keeping the one the little girl gave to him and going back to his room.
            
Later that afternoon, when Hyukjae walked in, he smiled faintly seeing the chocolates he left for Kyuhyun weren’t there. But his smile disappeared completely as he saw them in trash can and be sighed deeply.
            
Even when Hyukjae wanted to, he knew it was almost impossible for Kyuhyun to stop hating him. He dragged a tired Chaerin along with him, looking down and biting his lower lip to restrain himself from crying out of desperation.
            
Nothing in his life was going right.
           

up