Ch. [20]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
        
Hyukjae walked out from his room with a suitcase behind him, not that big because he actually had nothing. Chaerin came out too, taking her mother’s hand and scared of what was happening, obviously not knowing nor understanding what was happening. “Mommy… where are we going?” she asked and Hyukjae looked at her with a soft smile.
            
“Away,” Hyukjae simply said and he stopped when he felt Kyuhyun’s hand grabbing his arm, stopping him from moving.
            
“Hyukjae, please… please don’t leave me…,” Kyuhyun begged again, and he would continue doing so until Hyukjae decided to stay.
            
Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and let go of a single tear. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun, but I can’t,” he said and freed himself before walking to the door.
            
“Oppa… you’re not coming with us?!” Chaerin asked horrified. “Kyuhyun oppa!”
            
Kyuhyun went to the girl and smiled. “You want me to go? I can go with you if you want me to, or better, you can stay here right pretty? Wouldn’t you like that?”
            
“No Chaerin,” Hyukjae cut. “Kyuhyun is not coming with us.”
            
Chaerin’s lips trembled lightly, obviously wanting to cry. “Why?” she asked with tears in her eyes. “Mommy… why can’t we stay with Kyuhyun oppa?”
            
“Because it was a mistake coming here from the very beginning,” Hyukjae said. “Go to the car Chaerin, and say goodbye.”
            
Chaerin shivered by her mother’s cold tone and she hugged Kyuhyun. “Good bye oppa…,” she said crying slightly.
            
Kyuhyun hugged the girl and shook his head. “No pretty, don’t worry, I’ll look for you soon okay? Wait for oppa.”
            
Chaerin smiled and nodded. “You promise?” she asked and Kyuhyun nodded.
            
“I promise baby,” Kyuhyun said and smiled weakly, even when his eyes were red from crying.
            
“Go now Chaerin,” Hyukjae ordered and the small girl nodded before going out from the house.
            
“Where are you going Hyuk?” Kyuhyun asked standing up and placing himself in front of Hyukjae. “Please tell me…”
            
Hyukjae shook his head. “Kyuhyun…”
            
“Please Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun interrupted. “If you don’t want to stay it’s okay, I can understand, but please don’t just disappear from my life because I need you and I don’t know what will I do if you’re not here with me.”
            
Hyukjae looked at him, with warm tears dancing in his eyes. Kyuhyun could see it, he could see how scared Hyukjae was of their future. He could see how much he wanted to stay but how hurt he’ll be if he does so. In that very instant Kyuhyun understood. He knew that Hyukjae could fight for him. The problem was that Kyuhyun was leaving him to fight alone.
            
“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun cried hugging Hyukjae tightly, rounding his small waist with his arms and hiding his face against Hyukjae’s shoulder. “What will I become if you’re away?” he asked lowly. “Please don’t leave… think about Chaerin… think about her and stay by my side… I promise I’ll do better.”
            
Hyukjae finally cried loudly, hugging Kyuhyun back because he couldn’t stand it anymore. “I can’t Kyuhyun… I don’t want anything else to do with this family… I’m exhausted… I can’t keep on anymore…”
            
“No Hyukjae… please don’t say that… please don’t,” Kyuhyun begged hugging Hyukjae even tighter. “Please Hyukjae… please… I’ll do anything you want me to… just don’t leave me…”
            
They parted away from the hug and looked into each other’s eyes. Hyukjae cupped Kyuhyun’s cheeks and leaned closer, kissing the taller deeply.
            
Kyuhyun kissed back instantly, closing his eyes and kissing desperately because it felt like a good bye. He pulled Hyukjae closer by the waist, not wanting to ever let go and when he realized, he was once again lost in those brown eyes. “Good bye Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae whispered and went out from the house.
            
Kyuhyun followed him, he tried to make him stay but he failed. “Oppa!” Chaerin cried from the back seat through the window as Hyukjae started the engine and drove off slowly.
            
“It’s okay pretty, oppa will go with you soon!” Kyuhyun exclaimed and he found himself in the middle of the street, watching Hyukjae’s car go with Chaerin looking at him from the back glass of the white car.
           
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
          
“So he’s not living there anymore?” Jihyun asked and Kyuhyun simply looked away, obviously not even liking his mother’s visit just three days after Hyukjae left him.
            
“I’ll bring him back mom, the court said he should live here until everything is fixed,” Kyuhyun said determined and Jihyun scoffed.
            
“Whatever Kyuhyun, he has to at least attend the call the court gave him next week,” Jihyun said. “Since he left all the money goes to us.
            
Kyuhyun frowned. “Is that everything you care about?” he asked getting annoyed. “Just the money? You don’t care about Chaerin do you? She’s your granddaughter after all.”
            
“Kyuhyun,” Jihyun called dangerously. “I’m just taking what is rightful ours,” she said equally annoyed with his son. “I have no idea what’s happening to you Kyuhyun but I want my dear son to come back soon.”
            
Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “You mean the robot one?” he asked and Jihyun simply ignored him, standing up from her seat.
            
“I’ll leave now Kyuhyun,” the woman announced and stopped when she was almost at the door. “But you’re right… even if the girl is the daughter of such disgusting human being, she’s still a Choi,” she said and it surprised Kyuhyun even that his mother was accepting the fact.
            
“Are you serious?” Kyuhyun asked curious, looking at his mother carefully.
            
“Of course, three DNA tests prove it apparently,” Jihyun said pursing her lips. “I’m leaving now.”
            
Kyuhyun smiled as soon as his mother left and he quickly dialed Hyukjae’s number to tell him the news, even when the latter would never answer him. He then sent him a text that got no reply either.
            
Kyuhyun had tried looking for Hyukjae already. He had gone to his workplace and he found out Hyukjae was no longer there. He hired a private investigator that gave him the address but he was still afraid that Hyukjae would run away again in case he went there.
            
In that moment, Kyuhyun grabbed his jacket and decided that going to see Hyukjae would be the best decision he could make.
            
He drove carefully through the streets, watching closely the poor houses and wondering if Hyukjae was happy like that. He finally reached his destination and with shaky hands went out from his car, looking around and then knocking on the door. “Yes?” Hyukjae came out and gasped when he saw Kyuhyun there. “K-Kyuhyun… what are you doing here?” he asked and Kyuhyun simply smiled, hugging Hyukjae tightly.
            
“I missed you,” Kyuhyun admitted, sighing loudly. 
            
Hyukjae stood there frozen and then sighed and hugged back. “You shouldn’t be here Kyu, I’m supposed to be letting you go.”
            
Kyuhyun chuckled. “It’s not working at all,” he said and looked into Hyukjae’s eyes, smiling and leaning closer to kiss his lips.
            
“You should leave Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said pushing Kyuhyun away but not rejecting the kiss. “Please…”
            
“Mom accepted Chaerin Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun said. “I think we can do this, please come back.”
            
Hyukjae shook his head. “Please go Kyuhyun,” he insisted. 
            
“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called hurt. “Please… let me come and see you… I want to be with you…,” he stood silent for some seconds. “Do you not miss me Hyukjae?”
            
And Hyukjae had to look down and bite his lower lip because if there was something he did, it was missing Kyuhyun. “Even if your mother accepts Chaerin, it doesn’t mean she will accept me Kyuhyun, she still hates me the most.”
            
“But we can convince her together,” Kyuhyun said with such hope in his eyes that Hyukjae almost fell for it.
            
“I should go and pick Chaerin from school… Kyuhyun, please leave for now…,” he begged.
            
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and restrained his own tears. “Can I come here someday?” he asked. “Please… I want to see you.”
            
“I’ll think about it if you leave for now,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun froze.
            
Kyuhyun gulped and nodded slowly, hugging Hyukjae one more time and kissing his lips gently. “If there’s anything you need Hyukjae, whatever it is, please call me.”
            
“I will,” Hyukjae promised and after one more kiss, Kyuhyun finally went away from there.
            
The next time Kyuhyun went to visit Hyukjae was two days after the first one. He just couldn’t stand it and he drove there, gulping nervously and knocking almost like a maniac.
            
No one opened the door but Kyuhyun was sure that there was someone inside since he could hear some noises coming from there. He opened the door slowly and peeked inside, gasping when he saw the mess the small room had become. “Hyukjae! Chaerin!” he called desperately, looking around and finding the table turned upside down, clothes sprayed everywhere, food thrown against the wall.
            
“Go away,” Kyuhyun heard Hyukjae’s trembling voice and when he turned around he saw the small man, now seemingly smaller, trembling in fear with Chaerin crying silently behind him. “Please leave us alone Kyuhyun… we can’t take it anymore.”
            
Kyuhyun gasped and how much he wanted to hug Hyukjae. “Are you okay? Is Chaerin okay?” Kyuhyun asked desperately. “Who did this?”
            
Hyukjae pursed his lip and it was obvious he had been crying from a long while already. “Please go away,” he pleaded. “Please Kyuhyun… don’t do this to us anymore…”
            
And it was then, that Kyuhyun realized the walls were painted, they were showing the words ‘’, ‘’, ‘gold digger’ and more around. Hyukjae was trembling, protecting Chaerin with his body. “Hyukjae, we have to go to the police, are you hurt? We must go to a hospital.”
            
“Just go Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae yelled and Chaerin behind him flinched lightly.
            
“Oppa…,” Chaerin called weakly and Kyuhyun looked at her worriedly.
            
Kyuhyun stepped closer. “Yes pretty, I’m right here-”
            
“Please go,” Chaerin cried. “Oppa hurts us.”
            
Kyuhyun’s heart broke for the nth time already and he looked at Hyukjae’s crying eyes. “Did my mother do this to you?” he asked and Hyukjae didn’t answer. “Hyuk… Just come back home… I can protect you there.”
            
“It’s because of you that we’re like this… I should have given up on everything since the very beginning… I shouldn’t have been greedy…,” Hyukjae cried. “Please leave us alone Kyuhyun… please… we won’t do anything to you…”
            
Kyuhyun felt like his heart was being squeezed, so tightly that it was bleeding already. “Hyukjae…,” he called desperately. “Hyuk…”
            
Hyukjae didn’t say anything. He simply looked at Kyuhyun with begging eyes, hiding Chaerin completely behind him. 
            
Kyuhyun could seem to be strong and powerful. But they both knew it. Kyuhyun was innocent, way more innocent that he wanted to admit. Kyuhyun wanted to have someone to love and to be loved from. Kyuhyun only had a purpose in life and it was to have a happy family in which he could go home and receive a kiss by his partner and his children. He wanted to keep Hyukjae because Kyuhyun needed love.
            
“Hyukkie…,” Kyuhyun called again and slowly fell down his knees. “I beg you Hyukjae… please…”
            
And Hyukjae felt like he was breaking something precious, something so fragile and vulnerable, like a unique piece that could not be found anywhere. Kyuhyun was there, showing his heart and soul for him to destroy.
            
How could Kyuhyun be so innocent and loving? How could Kyuhyun not even think twice before deciding he wanted to leave everything behind just for love? Why did Hyukjae crave for Kyuhyun’s arms and love?
            
It has never been like that. Hyukjae was usually the one getting protected by Siwon. But it was different with Kyuhyun. Because the tall man was even more fragile than glass, even more vulnerable than himself. Hyukjae wanted to protect him and he wanted to run to his arms and tell him how much he wished for them to be together. “Kyu… please leave…,” he begged back and he could see how Kyuhyun’s eyes pierced his soul.
            
“No Hyukkie…,” Kyuhyun begged again. “Come back please.”
            
Hyukjae’s tears fell down, his lips swollen already from so much biting them. “Leave…,” he mouthed. “Please…”
            
Kyuhyun stood up and tried to walk towards Hyukjae, stopping when the smaller stepped back from him. “I’ll talk to her Hyuk,” he promised. “But please don’t do this to me.”
            
He got no answer, Hyukjae simply looked down and Kyuhyun knew he had to go, he knew he had to leave because that was what Hyukjae wanted him to do.
            
Kyuhyun turned around slowly, almost waiting for Hyukjae to ask him to stay.
            
But it didn’t happen and Kyuhyun went back to his own dark and cold house alone.
           
up