Ch. [01]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down

Hyukjae looked up and smiled shyly at the man in front of him. “Is this everything sir?” he asked to the handsome man.
          
The man smiled and Hyukjae blushed softly, because he was like a model that came out from a magazine. Those magazines that he couldn’t even pay. “Yes please,” he said with a smooth and soft voice.
          
Hyukjae looked down and started passing the products by the sensor. In all those months he has been a cashier, he had never seen such impressive and handsome man. Not to mention that the man was also nice since he would smile and have patience to his clumsy movements. “It’s five thousand won sir,” Hyukjae said shyly and he saw how the other gave him one of his cards.
          
“I’m Siwon,” the man suddenly said and Hyukjae looked at him shocked, he never thought he could actually call someone that perfect’s attention.
          
“H-Hyukjae,” Hyukjae introduced himself shyly, giving Siwon his card back.
          
“Is it against the rules to ask for your number while you’re working?” Siwon asked smiling and Hyukjae felt his heart racing instantly.
          
Hyukjae shook his head softly and took one of the tickets he had left there. He wrote his number with clumsy handwriting and passed it to Siwon. 
          
“Thanks,” Siwon simply said and grabbed his bag, turning around ready to leave the place. “You know,” he turned around again. “You’re the most beautiful person I have seen in my entire life,” and he smiled again, leaving a flushed and excited Hyukjae behind, not being able to hide the smile for the whole day.
         
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
Hyukjae knew there was something wrong as soon as the glass fell down his hands. He sighed deeply and told himself that it was just a bad feeling that would go away soon.
          
But he was wrong. He was really, really, wrong.
          
“I’m sorry,” the police officer said but Hyukjae couldn’t hear it.
          
“No,” Hyukjae shook his head, tears already threatening to fall down his eyes. “No…,” he repeated stepping back. “He’s not death…,” he chanted covering his mouth with his hand to stop the whimpers from coming out. “I’ll call him.”
          
Hyukjae ran to the phone and dialed the number he knew by heart. He bit his lower lip and he couldn’t control the tears storming out when he couldn’t hear his husband’s voice. “I’m sorry sir, when the ambulance came he was already death…”
          
“NO!” Hyukjae yelled dialing the same number again. “Siwon is fine, he’s alive, he’s okay…,” he chanted, wishing it was just a bad dream.
          
But it wasn’t.
          
The police officer let him keep on dialing Siwon’s number for at least half an hour before Hyukjae fell to his knees broken. “I’m sorry sir,” the officer said again, going towards Hyukjae to see if he was fine and leaning down in front of him.
          
Hyukjae took his hands to his eyes, denying the fact that his husband was death. He shook his head as soon as the thought crossed his mind and he scolded himself for not believing in the love of his life.
          
“It was a car accident,” the police officer started to explain, just as he had to.
          
“No,” Hyukjae shook his head and closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to hear.
          
“A drunk driver in a truck hit his car at full speed…”
          
“Stop…,” Hyukjae begged.
          
“Your husband died at the impact…”
          
“STOP!” Hyukjae yelled frustrated.
          
“His body has been sent to be reconstructed.”
          
“NO!” Hyukjae screamed, covering his ears and shaking his head to take away those images from his head.
          
“We’ll need something to get his DNA since his face is not recognizable…”
          
“NO! STOP! STOP IT!” Hyukjae yelled. “He’s not dead! Stop it!”
          
But again, Hyukjae was wrong and he fainted in front of that police officer.
         
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
“Y-You’re rich…,” Hyukjae said as he saw Siwon’s car.
          
Siwon raised an eyebrow. “Is that a problem?” he asked and Hyukjae knew that he was slightly annoyed.
          
Hyukjae looked down and bit his lower lip. “W-Well… I’m poor… like really poor…,” he said looking away.
          
Siwon chuckled and grabbed Hyukjae’s chin, turning it around to face each other. “Is that a problem?” he asked again and finally, Hyukjae smiled, that smile that Siwon liked so much to see ever since the first time he saw the other in the cash machine.
          
“I guess it’s not,” Hyukjae said and dared himself to kiss Siwon’s lips even if it was only the first date.
          
But Siwon kissed back immediately and didn’t let go of him, hugging him tightly by the waist and smiling after they parted away. “Let’s get something to eat, where would you like to go?” Siwon asked holding Hyukjae’s hand lovingly.
          
Siwon was perfect, he was handsome, a gentleman, a man with manners and he always thought about Hyukjae first. They never went to fancy restaurants because Siwon knew Hyukjae would be uncomfortable, they didn’t go to expensive malls because Hyukjae preferred just walking by the park holding hands, and by the time, Siwon preferred that too.
          
It was until three months after dating that Hyukjae confessed he was actually an orphan and he had no family or friends. He thought Siwon would be slightly disappointed or disgusted. And he scolded himself because he knew Siwon wouldn’t care about that. “Is that a problem?” Siwon asked with a smile. “If you want family we can just make one by ourselves,” he said and Hyukjae will never forget how fast and erratic his heart was at that exact moment.
          
“And it will be perfect,” Hyukjae said sincerely.
          
“Just like you,” Siwon had answered and kissed him in the lips.
         
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
Hyukjae opened his eyes and it took him a minute to realize he was in his bed, looking at the ceiling with a heavy headache. He looked around and everything was calm. Something inside him told him that maybe it was simply a dream and that Siwon would be alive.
          
He quickly took the phone by the bed’s side and dialed Siwon’s number with anxious fingers.
          
But Siwon never answered and he cried again until his eyes were dried.
          
“Mommy!” Chaerin ran to hug him and Hyukjae knew, by the girl’s innocent face, that she still didn’t know anything about his father and that he wasn’t going to have the heart to tell her either.
          
“Baby, come here,” he nudged, opening his arms widely and hugging his three year old daughter as tight as he could. 
          
“Mommy, why are you crying?” Chaerin asked and Hyukjae simply shook his head, hugging the small body as if his life depended on it. “Mommy, there are strangers in our living room…,” she said and Hyukjae finally noticed her daughter was scared, just as much as he was.
          
“It’s okay baby, they’re here because they need to get something, they’ll go in a few minutes,” Hyukjae explained drying the tears away from his face.
          
“Mommy… I’m scared… let’s call daddy…,” Chaerin said already tearing up.
          
And that broke Hyukjae’s heart, he looked down and bit his lower lip, kissing her daughter’s small hand softly. “Yes, let’s call daddy,” he agreed.
          
Maybe if it was their daughter calling for him, he would come back.
         
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
Hyukjae cuddled against Siwon’s chest and smiled contented as Siwon draw small circles in his back. “Hyuk,” he called and Hyukjae hummed, looking at his boyfriend. “I want you to meet my family,” Siwon said and Hyukjae gasped loudly.
          
“Me?” Hyukjae asked frozen. “But… But I’m no one, you can’t be serious…,” he said nervously. “I’m poor and I have no family… I barely made it through high school, they’ll hate me…”
          
Siwon chuckled. “So what?” he asked caressing Hyukjae’s cheek. “Isn’t the important thing here is that it’s me the one that loves you?”
          
Hyukjae gasped softly. “Y-You love me?” he asked and it wasn’t long before a wide smile made its way to his face. “Wonnie! I love you too!” he exclaimed feeling the necessity of having Siwon’s lips over his.
          
Siwon chuckled and kissed Hyukjae softly, hugging him deeply and swearing to god that Hyukjae was the most perfect being in the whole universe and that he was a fool is he didn’t keep him by his side for his entire life.
          
Instead of having , they made love for the very first time that day. Siwon was twenty five, Hyukjae twenty. But it was alright, everything was alright. They loved each other. Five years would become nothing because love knew no ages and Siwon loved Hyukjae. Just as much as Hyukjae loved Siwon.
          
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
Hyukjae flinched as he was thrown out to the cold street, hissing softly as he felt his skin torn by the cold material. “Mommy!” a little girl quickly went to hug him tightly, crying loudly because she was scared of what was happening.
          
Hyukjae looked up and he could see those two pair of eyes, he could see the hatred in them even when his sight was blurred by the tears he was shedding. He locked his red and swollen eyes to the ones looking at him as if he was the worst thing ever in the world.
          
The door closed slowly but the eyes of that young man were still on him. The door closed and he looked down, hugging the girl in his arms tightly. “It’s okay baby, everything it’s okay,” he tried to console but he knew better than anyone that it wasn’t okay. That his husband had died leaving him alone with their daughter and he couldn’t even go into his funeral because his family didn’t allowed him to.
          
“Mommy, where’s daddy?” the girl cried hiding her little face in Hyukjae’s chest.
          
Hyukjae caressed his daughter’s hair softly and bit his lower lip to prevent himself from breaking down. He had to be strong for his daughter, he couldn’t fall down so easily. “Daddy has gone Chaerin, but he’s still with us, he will always be,” he explained and he could hear the girl crying even harder than before. “It’s okay baby, everything will be alright,” he closed his eyes and hugged the only thing left in his life: his daughter.
         
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
    
“Hyuk, are you okay?” Siwon asked concerned, lifting Hyukjae up after his mother slapped him in the face. “What do you think you’re doing mom?! He’s my boyfriend!” he exclaimed angrily, hiding Hyukjae’s body behind his back.
          
Siwon’s mother, Jihyun, frowned deeply and looked at Hyukjae as if he were the biggest trash he had ever seen. “Siwon, how you dare bring that thing to my house?” she asked pursing her lips in disgust.
          
Behind that woman Hyukjae could see, a pair of eyes looking at him with the hatred of a thousand men and he looked down, suddenly feeling like the smallest thing in earth. “Siwon… let’s get away from here…,” he whispered. “Please…,” he begged, feeling those eyes from Siwon’s younger brother piercing his soul.
          
Siwon frowned deeper and looked at his mother and younger brother, the only family he had left. “You like it or not mom, this person is the one I love so you better get used to it,” he said firmly and turned around, dragging Hyukjae along with him to his car.
          
Hyukjae turned around and he could see how much he was hated. Not only he was an orphan and his own family rejected him, he was also rejected by his boyfriend’s family and he felt suddenly that the problem wasn’t the world. The problem was himself.
          
“Hyuk, I’m sorry you had to go through all that,” Siwon said and Hyukjae didn’t realize they stopped and Siwon was kissing his tears away. He smiled softly and looked at Siwon.
          
“It’s not your fault, they have the right to hate me. I’m not even good enough for you to look at me,” Hyukjae said sincerely. “You deserve way more than myself, I can only dream of being maybe your maid…”
          
Siwon looked at Hyukjae with sad eyes. “No,” he said firmly and took out a small box from his back pocket. “I wanted to do this in front of my mother and my brother but they weren’t as welcoming as I thought,” he said clearing his throat and opening the box, revealing a shining ring inside.
          
Hyukjae gasped and covered his mouth with his hand, looking up at Siwon in disbelief. “S-Siwon… y-you can’t-”
          
“Lee Hyukjae,” Siwon smiled sweetly. “Please be my eternal partner in life,” he asked and Hyukjae couldn’t help his tears from falling down.
          
“Oh God Siwon, yes! I’ll be with you forever!” Hyukjae said throwing his small body against Siwon’s and loving how they molded each other perfectly.
          
The hatred Siwon’s family had towards him was easily erased by Siwon’s reassuring smile and Hyukjae knew, he had something to fight for. He had Siwon and he was the best thing he was going to have in his life. Hyukjae was going to make himself worth the love Siwon was giving him.
     
up