Ch. [07]

Blue Tomorrow

 

down
  
Hyukjae looked down at the table. He bit his lower lip as he waited patiently for Kyuhyun and his mother to come while the lawyers were chatting by themselves in the head of the table. “Hyukjae-shi, Mrs. Jihyun just gave us a call, she says there has been an accident blocking their way and they’ll take a while to come here…,” one of the lawyers said and Hyukjae was sure that it was all a lie, that they only wanted Hyukjae to wait longer.
         
“It’s okay, I’ll wait,” Hyukjae said coldly. He wasn’t going to follow along their plays. He was going to stay calm and composed, as he should. Sometimes they get childish Hyukkie, but they’re not dangerous, they just don’t have the love that you give me, understand them. Siwon once told him and Hyukjae closed his eyes, breathing in and out deeply.Please love them as you love me, share them some of that happiness to them, they need it.
         
‘But I can’t Siwon,’ Hyukjae thought as he looked down, the lawyers talking about useless stuff for him.
         
“Hyukjae-shi,” one of the lawyers called, the one Hyukjae thought was the most honest.
         
“Yes?” Hyukjae looked up and smiled weakly.
         
“Did you have any trouble taking the small Chaerin to the laboratory?” The lawyer asked kindly and Hyukjae chuckled.
         
“Not even a single one,” Hyukjae said politely. “She is a really well behaved girl,” he continued and he could see the honest smile in the lawyers’ faces. “They told me they would send the results to you though…”
         
“Ah yes, we’re also waiting for them, we asked for them to be urgent so they should be here in just a moment ago…,” the lawyer said gently and Hyukjae nodded, turning away because he definitely didn’t want for them to keep on insinuating Chaerin wasn’t Siwon’s daughter.
         
“Good, maybe they can also see the results then,” Hyukjae said serious and he could see how the lawyers just looked away awkwardly.
         
It took another hour for the sealed results to come and one more for Kyuhyun and his mother to show up. Hyukjae said nothing. He just sat down silently, looking at the front and pursing his lips when his eyes met Kyuhyun who sat in front of him. “We’re sorry about how late we are,” their lawyer apologized and Hyukjae wanted to laugh at how fake it sounded.
         
“It’s okay, luckily Mr. Lee had the patience to wait here,” the main lawyer, Mr. Park, said and cleared his throat. “Very well then, if everyone’s ready, I shall start with the loud reading of the recent petitions made by one of the parties.”
         
Hyukjae nodded softly while Jihyun and Kyuhyun only looked at him as if wanting to kill him with their eyes.
         
Secretly, Hyukjae thought they were actually getting it.
         
“It’s natural for the familiars to feel doubt about a child, so we proceed with the DNA test as requested,” Mr. Park started gently and Hyukjae only stood there, with his best poker face because he knew the results already. “I’ll proceed to open the envelope with the laboratory results, if anyone wants to check it, please go ahead,” he said lifting the still sealed envelope in his hands.
         
“I would like to take a look,” Kyuhyun’s and Jihyun’s lawyer said and watched the papers in his hands meticulously.
         
“I’ve met people willing to fake results just for money,” Jihyun mumbled and Hyukjae bit his shaky lower lip hardly.
         
It has been a while since Hyukjae last went through so much embarrassment like that. He never did anything doubtful and even if he did, he knew he would have the perfect reason to do so. “And I know some people willing to destroy a life only for money as well,” Hyukjae mumbled back and instead of looking at Jihyun who gasped loudly and exclaimed how disrespectful he was, he turned to Kyuhyun’s eyes, glaring at him with all the hate of his life.
         
Hyukjae didn’t have the strength to maintain Kyuhyun’s stare, not when the latter was frowning and pursing his lips in annoyance at him, not when he was living under the same roof. 
         
Mr. Park cleared his throat again. “I’ll proceed then,” he said when he got the envelope back.
         
Hyukjae looked down, playing with his fingers because he just couldn’t stand it anymore and he wanted to yell and exclaim how wrong everyone was, how much he loved Siwon and how Siwon loved him back. He wanted to make them understand that Chaerin was the product of the biggest love that had ever existed. 
         
But again, Hyukjae just kept quiet, chewing on his lower lip and feeling Kyuhyun’s intense stare pierce his soul.
         
“The results are,” Mr. Park read out loud and Jihyun chuckled victorious. “The combined parentage index, or CPI, is of 232, the probability of paternity is of 99.9 percent, according to the values accepted by the law in this country, it is determined that Mr. Choi Siwon is, in fact, Choi Chaerin’s biological father.” 
         
“What?!” Jihyun stood up outrageous. “That cannot be possible! I demand for the studios to be made again in a laboratory of my election!” she exclaimed loudly with a big frown in her face. “I do not accept that child as my son’s daughter!”
          
Hyukjae frowned deeply and was about to protest when he felt the lawyer’s hands bringing him down his seat and smiling gently at him. Hyukjae pursed his lips and looked down. “I’m sorry Mrs. Choi, but the results have been accepted already, we cannot force for the child and the mother to go through the test again.”
         
“This is such a ridiculous result!” Jihyun exclaimed and Kyuhyun took her hand, calming her down almost instantly.
         
Hyukjae stood up. “I believe there’s nothing I should do here anymore,” he said firmly. “I might take my leave.”
         
Jihyun gasped. “How dare you look down at us like that?!” she exclaimed but Kyuhyun calmed her down again.
         
“We’re sorry about this Mr. Lee,” Mr. Park apologized standing up. “We’ll send the letter to your boss so he will excuse your day from work,” he said and Hyukjae simply nodded, turning around and going out gracefully.
         
“I’m sorry Siwon…,” Hyukjae mumbled as he walked out of the building, reaching his car almost immediately and preparing himself for a long trip to Kyuhyun’s house. “I’m sorry I can’t give them the love you wanted me to…,” he apologized again, looking up the cloudless sky with a warm tear going down his cheek. “Truth is… I wish someone would also give me love…”
        
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

“Mommy!” Chaerin ran to hug her mother as soon as she was freed from the teacher’s arms.
         
“Oh baby~ I missed you,” Hyukjae said hugging his daughter tightly, carrying her up because the girl cling to him as a koala. “Thanks Miss Kim, I really appreciate it,” he thanks the teacher who stayed with Chaerin until late because Hyukjae had to go to the court.
         
“It’s okay, she’s really calm,” Miss Kim said smiling and Hyukjae smiled back, thanking her once again and going to the car with an already sleepy Chaerin in his arms.
         
When Hyukjae reached Kyuhyun’s house, he sighed deeply at the idea of facing the male once again. He bit his lower lip when he saw Kyuhyun’s car already parked outside and he went to carry Chaerin in his arms silently and carefully not to wake up his daughter even when the girl was a heavy sleeper. 
         
Hyukjae went into the house as silent as he could, being careful so his daughter wouldn’t hit her body with anything. He sighed deeply, contented that Kyuhyun wasn’t in the living room and he took Chaerin quickly to the bed, taking off her shoes and socks and covering her with a warm jacket before going out again to grab some things he left in his car.
         
“I didn’t know you got yourself a job,” a voice made Hyukjae freeze in his place, in the middle of the living room and when he turned around, he looked at Kyuhyun resting his body against the kitchen’s door’s frame with a glass of red wine in his hand.
         
“Let’s be honest Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said coldly. “You know nothing about me.”
         
Kyuhyun frowned. “Well, now I know the girl is actually my niece,” he said and Hyukjae pursed his lips in annoyance.
          
“That only if you were Siwon’s real brother,” Hyukjae mumbled but he knew Kyuhyun heard him.
         
“What?” Kyuhyun asked angrily, leaving his glass of wine in the counter before walking towards Hyukjae. “What did you want to imply there?” he asked frowning deeply and standing just a few inches away from Hyukjae.
         
Hyukjae had never seen Kyuhyun so intimidating and dangerous as that moment. “N-Nothing…,” he mumbled and he flinched when he suddenly felt Kyuhyun’s hand gripping on his arm tightly, meant to hurt him.
         
“The outsider here is only you, my family was perfect and peaceful until you came, you and your non existing attributes just ruined everything. You might have convinced my brother, but I’m not as stupid Hyukjae, I’ve seen you already, I can’t be deceived like him, I’m not as fool,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae felt how his fingers dig into his skin.
         
“L-Let go of me…,” Hyukjae begged, trying to free himself from the taller. “You know nothing, you say you’re not stupid but you are, sometimes the smart one is not the one with the biggest brain but the one with clear eyes and mind,” he said and he let out a soft squeal when Kyuhyun pushed him and he stumbled back slightly, almost losing balance. 
         
“How you dare to talk back to me?! How can someone as insignificant talk too much?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed almost yelling and Hyukjae swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat. How much Hyukjae wished to run away from Kyuhyun, from everything, to yell out loud that he wanted to die because everything hurt him and nothing seemed to go right in his life.
         
“Do you feel better this way Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae asked lowly, almost in a whisper, looking down because he just couldn’t take it when Kyuhyun repeated the same words over and over again. “Do you feel better when you insult me and yell at me?”
         
Kyuhyun gasped and pursed his lips. “I would feel better if you disappeared completely from our lives.”
         
Hyukjae looked up and Kyuhyun was surprised by his expression. A poker face was shown but Hyukjae’s eyes were red and teary, Kyuhyun was sure he was about to cry. “Too bad,” he said. “Because I’m stronger than you believe Kyuhyun, I’m stronger than your insults.”
         
“Because you’re used to it, you know everything is true,” Kyuhyun said definitely calmer.
         
Hyukjae chuckled. “I thought you were different Kyuhyun, I thought you at least accepted Chaerin. I thought that deep inside you, laid a kind and gentle human being perfectly capable of love and care…,” he smiled weakly. “But right now I don’t know what to think anymore…”
         
“Don’t get confused Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said coldly. “I’m only this way towards you, you don’t deserve anything more.”
         
Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Kyuhyun… aren’t you tired already?” he asked weakly. “Because I am… I’m exhausted of fighting with you every time we see each other… let’s just stop…”
         
“I’ll stop when I get you out of our ways,” Kyuhyun said firmly and Hyukjae chuckled again, shaking his head unbelievably.
         
“Then…,” Hyukjae started dedicating Kyuhyun a soft and weak smile. “Let’s just ignore each other… let’s just pretend we don’t exist… let’s not talk to each other because it will end up in a fight, let’s keep going with our lives as if we didn’t met…,” he proposed. “I’ll go away soon, I promise I’ll go away… I don’t want to stay here either… But please… it’s hard… it’s getting really hard to handle this…”
         
Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “Believe me, there is nothing more that I want but for you to finally disappear,” he said and turned around, going out from the house and leaving a nervous Hyukjae behind.
         
Hyukjae took his hand to his chest, feeling his racing heart because he just thought he would die from talking to Kyuhyun. He closed his eyes and let his body rest against the wall for support. It was becoming too much… too much for himself to handle.
         
A warm tear went down Hyukjae’s cheek. “Siwon…,” he cried. “Siwon… please help me… please tell me what to do… please take me with you…”
       
 up