Ch. [30]

Blue Tomorrow

down

    
Hyukjae opened his eyes, everything was white by his side and he wasn’t scared at all. It was all calm and smooth. He looked around, it was an endless room, white everywhere. He took his hands to his tummy and panicked when he saw there was nothing, his baby wasn’t there as it should.

Hyukjae looked around getting panicked. Where was his baby? Where was Chaerin? Where was Kyuhyun?

Hyukjae stopped when he turned around and saw a man holding a small, tiny baby in his arms. His heart stopped as he looked at him and the latter turned towards him with that sweet smile that Hyukjae had missed so much.

Tears started falling down Hyukjae’s face as he looked at the same smile, at those eyes looking at him lovingly. “Siwon,” he could only muster and he ran to his arms, hugging the man tightly as the taller hugged him back taking care of the baby.

“Hyukjae,” Siwon called as well, smiling gently as he always did whenever he was with Hyukjae.

“Siwon, I miss you so much…,” Hyukjae cried against Siwon’s chest. “Everything is so hard since you-”

And then it hit Hyukjae. He pulled himself away and opened his crying eyes widely, looking at the baby in Siwon’s arms and leaning against it. “It’s a beautiful boy,” Siwon said caressing the baby’s cheek with his index carefully.

Hyukjae swallowed a knot in his throat and looked at the small creature, taking his hands to his tummy to verify that in fact, it was his and Kyuhyun’s baby. He reached his hand to see his baby clearly and he couldn’t help but smile when the small human being leaned against his touch, as if he knew he was his mother. “So it’s a boy…,” he smiled gently.

“A beautiful one,” Siwon said looking at the baby and then at Hyukjae. “You did well Hyukkie.”

Hyukjae felt his tears streaming down his face. “A-Are we… dead?” he asked with shaky voice, his hand trembling as he looked into those eyes that he missed so much. He smiled. “Did you come to get us?”

Siwon smiled gently. “No,” he shook his head. “You have to be strong Hyukjae,” he said. “For this baby, for Chaerin,” he reached his hand for Hyukjae and caressed his cheek lovingly. “And for Kyuhyun. You have to be strong for them.”

Hyukjae cried and shook his head. “I’m not strong enough Siwon,” he cried. “I can’t fight anymore, I don’t have the strength to…”

Siwon smiled and lifted Hyukjae’s chin. “You’re stronger than you thing Hyukjae,” he whispered. “You are the strongest person I have ever met. That was one of the things I loved so much from you.”

Hyukjae cried violently, covering his face with his hands. “Siwon… I’m not strong… I can’t do this… I can’t. I just-”

“Will you do it for me?” Siwon asked gently. 

Hyukjae looked at Siwon with blurry eyes. “Siwon… Just take me with you… please…”

Siwon pressed their foreheads together, smiling gently. “No, you can’t be with me, not when your baby is also fighting to live. He’s as strong as you Hyukjae, he’s trying his best even when he’s so weak.”

Hyukjae couldn’t stop his tears. He was never as strong as people believed. He was broken easily and even when he tried his best, he would always end up the same. “Siwon…,” he called softly, a mere whisper.

“Fight Hyukjae, just one more time,” Siwon said gently. “Do it for your baby and for Chaerin. Do it for me and for Kyuhyun that loves you so much.”

Hyukjae looked up into Siwon’s eyes. “Kyuhyun…,” he mumbled and he felt his heart clenching at the idea of leaving Kyuhyun, of letting him suffer because of him. He didn’t deserve it, Kyuhyun had suffered enough in his life already.

Siwon nodded and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead. “I don’t regret anything in my life Hyukjae. I loved and I received love. I was successful and I was happy, there’s nothing else I could have asked for when I had you by my side.”

Hyukjae looked into Siwon’s eyes. “I love you Siwon… and I miss you so much…”

Siwon smiled. “I know,” he said. “I know it Hyuk, but there’s someone waiting for you to open your eyes.”

Hyukjae shook his head. “Siwon…”

“They love you as much as I ever loved you Hyukjae,” Siwon said and handed Hyukjae the small baby in his arms. “They will fight by your side.”

Hyukjae took the baby carefully and looked at it. He smiled because it leaned against his warmth and he could feel the connection they shared. His baby wanted to keep on fighting. “He’s beautiful…,” he whispered looking at his baby. How happy would Kyuhyun be looking at him for the very first time?

“Come back now Hyukjae,” Siwon said gently. “I will wait for you to come after an eternity. Get old by Kyuhyun’s side and raise your children well.”

Hyukjae looked up. “Don’t leave me,” he pleaded. “Please don’t leave.”

Siwon smiled sweetly and kissed Hyukjae’s lips softly. “I’m always by your side Hyukjae,” he whispered and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead. “I love you.”

Hyukjae looked at Siwon and shook his head. “No, please Siwon…,” he begged. “I love you, I love you so much…”

“I know,” Siwon said and Hyukjae shook his head violently because he could see through Siwon’s body.

“No! Siwon! Please don’t go! Please don’t leave me like this!” Hyukjae yelled, trying to reach for Siwon but being unable to.

“I love you Hyukjae, please make Kyuhyun as happy as you made me,” Siwon said as his voice and smiling face faded away.

“No…,” Hyukjae shook his head in denial. “No! Siwon! No! don’t leave again! SIWON!”
          
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
        
Hyukjae opened his eyes. He expected it to be calm and smooth.

And how wrong he was.

As soon as he was conscious of his own body, a violent wave of pain invaded his system, making him yell at the pain. He backed his head in pain, yelling loudly with his dry voice because he felt he was tearing apart.

“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun’s voice reached his ears and he wanted to turn around but the immerse pain didn’t allow him to. “Hyukjae! What’s wrong?! Hyukjae!”

“AHHHH!” Hyukjae yelled closing his eyes tightly, feeling nothing but pain. He wasn’t conscious of his body anymore. He had no idea where his legs or arms were and he didn’t care because the only thing he wanted right then was for the pain to go away. He didn’t feel Kyuhyun’s hands leaving his cold one as the taller was dragged away by the nurses and doctors. 

Hyukjae couldn’t feel anything else than pain.

“Hyukjae! Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun chanted desperately, trying to reach for the love of his life that was suffering in that hospital’s bed, yelling because of so much pain. And Kyuhyun could do nothing to help. He could only see and cry because Hyukjae was now being injected with so many things he didn’t understand. Doctors and nurses were yelling stuff Kyuhyun didn’t understand. They seemed as desperate as Kyuhyun was.

“HYUKJAE!” Kyuhyun yelled trying to reach for the man in the bed. He cried and let out of his tears freely as he was pushed outside the ICU.

Kyuhyun fell on his knees as soon as he was out, he felt his heart clench because doctors told him. Hyukjae’s health had deteriorated faster than they expected. It had been almost twelve hours since Hyukjae got in and his liver was failing already, causing the medication for the baby to keep growing hit his system hardly.

Kyuhyun’s head fell at how useless he felt, he closed his eyes and begged to god to save Hyukjae because he wasn’t going to be able to take it if Hyukjae was gone.

A doctor came out and Kyuhyun quickly stood up. “What’s happening?!” he asked quickly, his hands shaking from how nervous and anxious he felt. It had been almost twenty four hours since he last slept but he couldn’t even close his eyes. Not when Hyukjae and his baby were in so much pain.

The doctor shook his head and looked at Kyuhyun directly. “You have to choose,” he said firmly. “Hyukjae’s health has reached a limit and so the baby’s, we will perform surgery right now but we can’t ensure they both live.”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “How can you ask that again?” he asked. “Please try for them,” he begged.

The doctor looked at Kyuhyun and sighed. “We’ll prioritize Hyukjae’s life,” he simply said before going inside in a hurry again.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and let himself stumble against the hall’s wall. Tears falling down his eyes endlessly because he had no energy left for cry harder. Kyuhyun shook his head. No. He had to also fight, he had to at least stay positive that they both would live, that Hyukjae was going to protect their baby and himself because Hyukjae knew how much he loved him.

But then again, Kyuhyun had nothing else to do but to walk side to side the hall, waiting for the long surgery to finish, trembling in fear of everything that could happen and letting out his tears because he could do nothing to help and he was only left to wait and pray for his love.
          
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
        
Jihyun walked into the hospital. Her huge shades covering almost half of her neatly colored face. She pursed her lips in determination as she walked in stylish, going towards the place she knew the hospital’s boss was.

She opened the door without minding the receptionist’s yells that she had to wait and she raised an eyebrow when she saw an old man wearing a white coat behind a huge desk filled with papers.

“May I help you?” the old man asked politely and slightly shocked when he saw the woman coming in, indicating the receptionist that it was fine and that they should be left alone.

Jihyun looked up proudly and walked to the desk, slamming it with her hands. “Are you the boss here?” she asked and she could see how the man nodded proudly.

Jihyun took her shades off and looked into the man’s eyes directly, as fierce as a Choi was.

“My son in law and my grandchild are in this hospital,” Jihyun said and the man was fully paying attention, slightly scared of the woman. “Your doctors say he can die and so the baby.”

“Ah yes, I know the case,” the man nodded. “There’s nothing much we can-”

The desk was slammed and when the man looked up, he was faced by Jihyun’s fierce look. “I don’t care what you can do or not,” she said dangerously. “You’ll get him walk out of here healthy and with a fine baby in his arms or I’ll make sure this hospitals falls down into small tiny pieces. And I’ll make you, sir, to be miserable for life. So you better start doing something because there’s no way I will tolerate any failure. Did you understand?”

The old man gulped nervously. “Mrs., we can’t-”

“I don’t care if you have to sell your soul to the devil,” Jihyun said firmly. “You will make my son in law go out from here with his baby because if not, you’ll wish your soul was with the devil instead of dealing with me.”

The man’s hand shook slightly. “Y-Yes madam…”

Jihyun lifted her head proudly and put her shades on again. “It’s good to know you have some sense,” she said. “You better do as you promised because if not, believe me, I’ll haunt you down and you will wish you were death.”

Jihyun turned around without waiting for an answer and she walked to the third floor, in which she knew, Chaerin was.

As soon as she arrived, she looked around and looked at Chaerin who was looking around nervously. “Chaerin,” she called and the little girl jumped in her place when she heard her name.

The small girl turned around and gasped when she saw the woman she has been scared of all the time.

“Come here,” Jihyun ordered and Chaerin nodded slightly scared before walking towards her shyly.

Jihyun took her small hand and turned around. “You’re a Choi, you can’t just befriend anyone,” she said and Chaerin looked up at her confused. “And you have to look like one of the Choi girls so your mother will see how strong we are,” she continued and Chaerin could only nod absent minded, not really understanding what was happening with that woman.

But that afternoon Chaerin discovered that the woman that was now asking to be called ‘grandmother’, liked to shop endlessly and to buy her clothes as if they were candies. She discovered that her mother was right when he said that Jihyun was a good woman. It just took Chaerin a while to discover it.
         
up